R Praggnanandhaa vs Magnus Carlsen Chess World Cup 2023 Game 2: Praggnanandhaa-Carlsen Game 2 Drawn, Final Moves To Tie-Breakers
Chess World Cup 2023 Final Highlights: After over one hour of intense competition, R Praggnanandhaa and world No. 1 Magnus Carlsen decided to draw the second game of the Chess World Cup Final
Chess World Cup Final 2023 , Game 2: After over one hour of intense competition, R Praggnanandhaa and world No. 1 Magnus Carlsen decided to draw the second game of the Chess World Cup Final. From the early moves, it was apparent that Carlsen was playing for a draw to take the game to the tie-breakers on Thursday. Even Indian chess legend predicted earlier that Carlsen, who was playing with white pieces, might be going for a draw. Commentators said that Carlsen tactic was due to the reason that he has been suffering from food poisoning. That's why he wanted the game to got to the third day to gain maximum fitness and concentration. Both Grandmasters are eyeing their maiden World Cup title.
Here are the Highlights of R Praggnanandhaa vs Magnus Carlsen, Straight from Baku, Azerbaijan
- 18:09 (IST)Carlsen vs Praggnanandhaa Live: A quiet draw!
Magnus Carlsen takes a quiet draw with white against Praggnanandhaa and sends the final to tiebreaks. The winner of the #FIDEWorldCup will be decided tomorrow!— International Chess Federation (@FIDE_chess) August 23, 2023
Maria Emelianova pic.twitter.com/aJw1vvoFnK
- 16:49 (IST)Carlsen vs Praggnanandhaa Live: Carlsen playing for a draw?From his early moves, Carlsen, playing with white pieces, has started defensively. The commentators reckon that the Norwegian might be playing for a draw. He had said that he suffered from food poisoning and so might be wanting to take the game to the third day, so that he gets that extra time to get fit enough to concentrate fully.
- 16:03 (IST)Carlsen vs Praggnanandhaa Live: Will Anand's wish come true?"He is going to play Magnus Carlsen. Just so much happening. Personally D Gukesh crossed me the ratings in 37 years. R Praggnanandhaa then becomes the first Indian to reach the semi-final and final. It's a two game match, So, he will play today and tomorrow. Tomorrow, he could be the first Indian to win a World Cup after I did. So, which is weird. And if he does it tomorrow around the time Chandrayaan lands on the moon, it will be too much," Anand told NDTV.
- 15:48 (IST)Carlsen vs Praggnanandhaa Live: Big Day indeed!
A Very Big Day for India— Sai Suman (@suman__07) August 23, 2023
1)Indian flag On Moon Today
2)#praggnanandha as World cup Champion
All the Best | Best Wishes #Praggnanandhaa #MagnusCarlsen #VikramLander #FIDEWorldCup2023 #ChessWorldCup2023 #PragVsCarlsen #_3 #Chandrayaan3 #Chandrayaan3Landing #ISRO #NASA pic.twitter.com/UrA17MWwic
- 15:46 (IST)Magnus Carlsen vs R Praggnanandhaa Live: The situation!"Playing as White, the 18-year-old Indian prodigy, R Praggnanandhaa, couldn't obtain a significant advantage over the former World Champion Carlsen," the FIDE wrote in its official report. "Magnus Carlsen and R Praggnanandhaa split a point after a game which lasted 35 moves and around three hours."In the Four Knights line of the English Opening, R Praggnanandhaa (as White) went for a sharp line, putting pressure on the queenside, but Carlsen responded with a counter-push in the centre and comfortably equalised. In an even position, with three Kingside pawns and a knight and a rook each, the two decided to call it a day."
- 15:17 (IST)Chess World Cup Live: History beckons!As Mr. Sachin Tendulkar rightly said, the whole India is indeep with R Praggnanandhaa. However, 18-year-old should take this as a learning curve. Plenty of things to learn, especially when your playing against the best chess player of the last decade. Anything other than that is a bonus.Let's go, Pragg!
- 15:01 (IST)Tendulkar Proud Of PraggnanandhaaSachin Tendulkar is proud of R Praggnanandhaa, and so are we!
.@rpragchess, you have made history as the youngest World Cup finalist. Your journey has been filled with fierce battles.— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 22, 2023
The chessboard is set, and every move counts. Best of luck, India is with you. @FIDE_chess #FIDEWorldCup
- 13:27 (IST)Chess World Cup Live: Can Carlsen finally go all the way?In the opening match, which was played under classic parameters, Praggnanandhaa and Carlsen agreed to a draw on move 35. However, Carlsen will have the advantage of playing white in the second game of the two-match classical series.The Norwegian Grandmaster has won everything but a World Cup title has eluded him so far.Stay tuned to find out!
- 13:22 (IST)Chess World Cup Live: Hello!After a thrilling Day 1 of the Chess World Cup final, the action moves to Day in Baku, Azerbaijan as Praggnanandhaa takes on Carlsen in the second match. The Indian prodigy held the World No. 1 for a draw in the opening game. Can he match or even better that achievement today?