- No-Castling Chess: Viswanathan Anand Held To Draw By Vladimir Kramnik, All To Play For In Decider
India's Viswanathan Anand was held to a draw in the third game of a four-game No-Castling match by Russia's Vladimir Kramnik.
- Chess World Cup: R Praggnanandhaa, B Adhiban Win; Harikrishna, Nihal Sarin Held To Draws
Chess World Cup: India's R Praggnanandhaa and B Adhiban returned with wins in the first game of the two-game mini match in second round of the tournament on Thursday.
- Viswanathan Anand Starts No-Castling Event With Win
Former world champion Viswanathan Anand started the No-Castling event with a win over Russian Grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik.
- Chess World Cup: Praggnanandhaa, Nihal Sarin, Iniyan Enter 2nd Round
The first round of the Chess World Cup concluded on Tuesday.
- Viswanathan Anand Defeats Ian Nepomniachtchi In Croatia Grand Chess Tour
Five-timer Viswanathan Anand has won the Croatia Grand Chess Tour tournament by defeating Russia's Ian Nepomniachtchi.
- Viswanathan Anand Beats Garry Kasparov At Croatia Grand Chess Tour
Viswanathan Anand took down Garry Kasparov in 30 moves in a Sicillian Najdorf variation game in the fourth round of the Blitz event.
- 14-Year-Old Aditya Mittal Earns First Grandmaster Title
Aditya Mittal scored 7/9 with three consecutive wins against GMs in the Serbian Open to win his first Grandmaster title.
- Viswanathan Anand Off To Mixed Start At Croatia Grand Chess Tour
Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand was off to a mixed start at Croatia Grand Chess Tour tournament with a win, a loss and a draw.
- Youngest Grandmaster In Chess History, Abhimanyu Mishra Destined For Greatness: Coaches
Abhimanyu Mishra thanked his coaches after becoming the youngest Grandmaster. Grandmaster Magesh Panchanathan, one of the youngster's coaches, said Mishra was a hard-working boy, adding his father has been behind his success.
- All India Chess Federation Nominates Koneru Humpy For Khel Ratna Award, Says Report
The All India Chess Federation has nominated Koneru Humpy for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- Abhimanyu Mishra, 12, Becomes Youngest Chess Grandmaster In History
Abhimanyu Mishra of New Jersey broke GM Sergey Karjakin's record that was standing for 19 years to become the youngest ever grandmaster.
- Zerodha Founder Nikhil Kamath's Chess Account To Be Reopened After Charity Game Vs Viswanathan Anand
Zerodha Founder Nikhil Kamath's chess account to be reopened after he admitted that he "had help" during a charity chess game against Viswanathan Anand.
- Nikhil Kamath's Episode Gives Us Life Lesson On Need To Follow Rules, Integrity And Honesty, Says Abhinav Bindra
Former Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra said that the episode involving Zerodha co-founder Nikhil Kamath and chess player Viswanathan Anand can give us a life lesson on following rules integrity, and honesty.
- Played Position On Board And Expected The Same: Viswanathan Anand After Zerodha Co-Founder Admits To Using Unfair Means
Viswanathan Anand tweeted saying he "just played the position on the board" after startup co-founder Nikhil Kamath admitted that he had "help" during their charity match.
- "Apologies": Zerodha Founder Nikhil Kamath On "Unfair" Chess Win vs Viswanathan Anand
Startup co-founder Nikhil Kamath admitted that he "had help" during a charity chess game he played against five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand.
- Viswanathan Anand, Four Other Grandmasters To Play Exhibition Matches To Raise COVID-19 Relief Fund
Vishwanathan Anand, a five-time world champion, and four other Indian Grandmasters will play exhibition chess games on Thursday to raise funds for COVID-19 relief work.
- India To Bid For Chess Olympiad; All India Chess Federation To Start League
The All India Chess Federation (AICF) on Sunday decided to bid for the next available edition of the Olympiad, while also announcing the starting of a high-profile Indian Chess League this year.
- Goa's 14-Year-Old Leon Mendonca Becomes India's 67th Grandmaster
Leon Mendonca said he was delighted to become a Grandmaster and thanked those who supported him through thick and thin.