- Chess: Arjun Erigaise Downs Anton Guijarro; Narayanan Holds Abdusattorov Nodirbek In Grand Swiss
Grandmaster Arjun Erigaise scored a thumping victory over Anton Guijarro of Spain while S L Narayanan did well to hold GM Abdusattorov Nodirbek
- FIDE Grand Swiss: Praggnanandhaa Held By Aryan Chopra; Gukesh Draws With Rauf Mamedov
Aryan Chopra is another young Grandmaster who hails from Delhi and is trying to make a mark in international circuit.
- Indian Team Withdraws From World Cadet Chess Championship In Egypt Over Israel-Gaza Conflict
According to AICF sources, some 80 people, including players, coaches and those accompanying the players, were to head to Sharm el Sheikh for the tournament.
- Asian Games: Indian Men And Women's Chess Teams Clinch Silver Medals
The Indian men's and women's chess teams won silver medals at the Asian Games in Hangzhou on Saturday.
- Asian Games 2023: India Men's team Beat Vietnam In chess, Women Draw With Kazakhstan
Arjun Erigaisi's win on the fourth board helped the top-seeded Indian men beat Vietnam 2.5-1.5 in the seventh round of the chess team competition in the Asian Games on Thursday
- Chess At Asian Games: India Women Outclass Uzbekistan; Men Share Honours With China
Indian women crushed Uzbekistan 4-0, while the men were held to a 2-2 draw by China in the sixth round of the chess team competition in the Asian here on Wednesday.
- Chess At Asian Games 2023: Indian Men Held To 2-2 Draw; Women Rout Mongolia In Round Five
The top-seeded Indian men's team was held to a 2-2 draw by Iran in the fifth round of the Asian Games on Tuesday.
- Asian Games, Chess: Indian Men's, Women's Teams Breeze Past Opponents In Round 3
Indian men's and women's teams produced a fine effort to register easy wins over their rivals in the third round of the chess competition
- Chess: Vaishali Shines As Indian Women Beat Vietnam In Asian Games
The second-seeded Indian women's chess team registered a 2.5-1.5 win over Vietnam in the second round of the team event
- India Off To Winning Start In Chess Team Events At Asian Games
Indian men and women opened their campaign in the chess team event at the Asian Games with easy wins over Mongolia and Philippines respectively
- Chess At Asian Games 2023: Indian Players Fail To Win Medals In Individual Events
A defeat in the final round cost Vidit Gujrathi a medal as Indian chess players failed to finish on the podium in the individual events of the Asian Games on Wednesday.
- Asian Games 2023: Vidit Gujrathi Stumbles Against China's Wei Yi; In Joint Second Place
Third-seeded Indian Grandmaster Vidit Gujrathi went down to top-ranked Chinese player Wei Yi in the seventh round of the men's individual chess event in the 19th Asian Games on Tuesday.
- Asian Games: Indian Men Falter In 2nd Round Of Chess; Koneru Humpy, D Harika Post Two Wins Each
Third-seeded Indian Grandmaster Vidit Santosh Gujrathi bounced back from a shock loss to post victories in the third and fourth rounds of the men's individual event at the Asian Games on Monday.
- Asian Games 2023: Arjun, Vidit Secure Wins; Humpy Plays Tie, Harika Loses
Dronavalli Harika faced defeat, and Koneru Humpy played out a tie, while Arjun Kumar and Vidit Santosh won their games in the third round of womens and mens individual competition at the Asian Games
- Asian Games 2023: Focus On R Praggnanandhaa As India Begins Campaign In Chess
R Praggnanandhaa is part of a strong squad for the team event (to be played under standard time control).
- FIDE World Junior Chess Championship: 5 Indian Players Miss Out Due To Visa Issues
Ahead of the FIDE World Junior Chess Championship 2023, India has been handed multiple setbacks, with five of its players missing out due to visa issues.
- R Praggnanandhaa Finishes Third, Alexander Grischuk Takes Open Blitz Title
R Praggnanandhaa was in the lead but he suffered defeats against Nodirbek Abdusattorov (13th round), Grischuk (15th) and Vidit Gujrathi (16th) that proved costly.
- R Praggnanandhaa Scores Five Successive Wins To Lead With 6.5 Points
R Praggnanandhaa, who finished joint third in the 'Tata Steel Chess India Rapid 2023' on Thursday, won the first five rounds on Friday before his winning run was halted by Alexander Grischuk.