- FIDE President Nominates Indian Chess Legend Viswanathan Anand As Part Of Team To Fight Elections
Indian chess legend Viswanathan Anand would become the deputy president of the world chess federation (FIDE) if the incumbent Arkady Dvorkovich is re-elected as the president
- Chess Olympiad: Viswanathan Anand To Mentor India, AICF Names Two Teams Each In Open And Women's Section
Chess Olympiad: Viswanathan Anand will mentor hosts India in the 44th Chess Olympiad with the AICF naming two teams each for the Open and Women's categories.
- R Pragganandhaa, 16-Year-Old Indian Grandmaster, Wins Reykjavik Open
The 16-year-old Pragganandhaa defeated compatriot GM D Gukesh in the final round to emerge sole winner.
- India Officially Handed Rights To Host World Chess Olympiad 2022
The World Chess Olympiad 2022 will be held in Chennai after India won the bid to host the tournament.
- Moved Out Of Russia, Chess Olympiad To be Held In Chennai
The Chess Olympiad is a biennial team event in which teams from some 190 countries compete over a two-week period. It was supposed to take place in Moscow from July 26 to August 8.
- Chess Player Anwesh Upadhyaya Safely Returns Home From Ukraine
Indian chess player Anwesh Upadhyaya has returned back to India with his fiancee from Ukraine.
- India To Bid To Host This Year's Chess Olympiad
The All India Chess Federation (AICF) will be bidding to host the 44th edition of the Chess Olympiad later this year after the event was moved out of Russia, a senior official of the body said on Saturday.
- Indian Chess Player Anwesh Upadhyaya Stuck In Ukraine, Says Situation Scary
The 30-year-old, who is doing apprenticeship in gastroenterology at a Kyiv hospital, had planned to return to India in March. But with Russia launching military operations on Thursday, flights have been suspended and he is unsure of what is in store.
- "Didn't Think About Winning" When Playing Carlsen: Praggnanandhaa To NDTV
Tipped for greatness at an early age, the chess wizard is living up to his reputation and gave some interesting insights into his preparation and strategy during the match against Carlsen and for the tournament.
- Chess Prodigy Praggnanandhaa Responds To CSK's Congratulatory Tweet After Win Over Carlsen
CSK had praised the youngster after he had beaten world no1 chess player Magnus Carlsen of Norway in the Airthings Masters a couple of days back.
- PM Narendra Modi's Message For Indian Teen R Praggnanandhaa Who Beat Chess World No. 1 Magnus Carlsen
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday congratulated young Indian chess sensation R Praggnanandhaa on his recent win over world champion Magnus Carlsen.
- Amul's New Topical Celebrates Indian Teen Chess Sensation R Praggnanandhaa's Win Over World Champion Magnus Carlsen
Amul has come up with a creative for India's latest chess sensation R Praggnanandhaa after the youngster's famous win over world champion Magnus Carlsen.
- Praggnanandhaa Finishes 11th In Airthings Masters, Misses Out On Quarters
Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa defeated Russia's Vladislav Artemiev in the 15th and final round of the preliminary phase of the Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament, but missed out on qualifying for the quarterfinals.
- R Praggnanandhaa Is Good At Tactics, Not Surprised At His Defeating World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen: AICF Secretary
Airthings Masters: R Praggnanandhaa toppled world champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway in 39 moves and has been lauded by AICF Secretary Bharat Singh Chauhan.
- The Praggnanandhaa Story: How Sister's Hobby Shaped Chess Wizard's Life
Touted as the one for the future when he became an International Master at the tender age of 10 years and nine months in 2016, Praggu, as he is fondly called by his friends and coaches, has made giant strides.
- R Praggnanandhaa Follows Up Win Over Magnus Carlsen With 2 More Victories In Airthings Masters Chess
A day after a stunning victory over Magnus Carlsen, R Praggnanandhaa scored two wins and drew against Nodirbek Abdusattorov early on Tuesday. He, however, lost to Russian GM Ian Nepomniachtchi in the 11th round.
- "You've Made India Proud": Sachin Tendulkar Congratulates R Praggnanandhaa On Beating Magnus Carlsen
Legendary batter Sachin Tendulkar on Monday congratulated 16-year-old Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa for defeating world champion, Magnus Carlsen in the eighth round of the Airthings Masters - an online rapid chess competition.
- R Praggnanandhaa, 16, Stuns World No.1 Magnus Carlsen In Airthings Masters Chess
Young Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa stunned World No.1 Magnus Carlsen in the eighth round of the Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament.