West indies tri series 2013 Features
- Sachin Tendulkar thanks all who made his life as a cricketer possible
Sachin Tendulkar's speech after his final Test was emotional, exhaustive and one that covered everyone who loved, cherished, supported and hailed the legend.
- Meet a fan who saw Sachin's 1st Test match at Wankhede, but now he can only hear
Suhas Marathe kept score for All India Radio when Sachin Tendulkar played his first Test match at Wankhede Stadium in February 1993. Today, he is blind and will have to follow the score on TV, but his heart will still be at the ground.
- When off-spinners have troubled Sachin Tendulkar through his career
Sachin Tendulkar has been out leg before wicket 63 times, the most by any cricketer in Tests. Interestingly, barring one hundred against Muttiah Muralitharan's Sri Lanka, Tendulkar has not gone past 32 in the 12 times that he has been out LBW to a frontline off-spinner.
- Ravichandran Ashwin is proving to be a better Test all-rounder than Ravindra Jadeja
With his second Test century at the Eden Gardens on Friday, Ravichandran Ashwin has proved that he can compare with the best all-rounders in the modern game. The 27-year-old had scored 616 runs in 22 innings at an average of 36.23. By comparison, Ravindra Jadeja has scored just 97 runs in six Test innings.
- Standing ovation for Sachin Tendulkar at Eden Gardens on Day 2
Sachin Tendulkar enthralls fans at the Eden Gardens as India look to dominate West Indies on Day 2 of the opening Test match.
- Birthday-boy Virat Kohli to take 'fresh' guard at Eden Test
At a time when Sachin Tendulkar is on his way out from Test cricket, all eyes are on Virat Kohli to shoulder the responsibility of India's top-order batting. Kohli is currently the No. 1 batsman in the ICC ODI rankings.
- West Indies Tests: Approaching milestones ahead of Sachin Tendulkar's farewell match
Sachin Tendulkar will become the first cricketer in the annals of Test cricket to appear in 200 matches, when he plays the West Indies from November 14-18 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Here is a list of approaching milestones that lie ahead of Sachin as he prepares for his last two Tests.
- Can the Caribbean Kings' empire rise once again under Richard Pybus
Richard Pybus, former coach of Pakistan and Bangladesh, was recently appointed director of cricket in West Indies. The Englishman, together with head coach Ottis Gibson now has the task of revitalising West Indies cricket.
- Shane Shillingford confident of spoiling Sachin Tendulkar's farewell party
Off spinner Shane Shillingford, who missed on a playing berth in West Indies' last tour of India two years ago, is likely to lead the spin attack ahead of in-form youngster Veerswamy Permaul.
- West Indies vs Sri Lanka stats: With five defeats on the trot, Port-of-Spain challenges Windies
West Indies lost rain-affected match against Sri Lanka on Monday. A look at the statistical highlights from the clash and how this venue hasn't been auspicious