India vs New Zealand Highlights, World Cup 2019: Match Abandoned Due To Rain
India vs New Zealand Live Score, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Persistent rain in Nottingham throughout the day forced the umpires to call off the match without toss.
Persistent rain in Nottingham delayed the start of the World Cup match between India and New Zealand on Thursday. But after the final inspection at 7:30 pm the umpires didn't find the conditions good enough for the play to start and decided to abandon the match, with both teams sharing a point each. The groundstaff at Trent Bridge were kept busy by the stop-start drizzle while the umpires carried out a number of inspections only for the rain to start again. Tournament organisers have faced criticism over their planning of the event after two washouts and one no result, forcing teams to share one point each. Bangladesh coach Steve Rhodes questioned why reserve days were not factored in after his side's fixture against Sri Lanka in Bristol was abandoned without a ball being bowled. International Cricket Council chief executive David Richardson said reserve days for every match would be "extremely complex to deliver". (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between India vs New Zealand, Straight from Trent Bridge, Nottingham.
- 16:46 (IST)Will we or won't we?Rain has gotten heavier and with that the wait continues...
Will we, won't we?! Next inspection at 12:30pm local time (11:30pm NZT) Covers on at present...— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) June 13, 2019
| https://t.co/aU5ayqheAz #CWC19 #BACKTHEBLACKCAPS #KaneWilliamson @PhotosportNZ pic.twitter.com/rYupxuFmhQ
- 16:25 (IST)The wait is never ending... it seems!Rain has returned once again and the covers are back on once again. We don't know how many times we have already written it and how many times we will have to write it, but sadly such has been the day. It is frustrating for the players, umpires, fans and worse for the groundstaff who are working tirelessly to drain the water but rain is ruining their efforts again and again.
- 16:12 (IST)
- 15:54 (IST)Test Championship to begin this year...It's frustrating to wait for the match like this but we will keep you posted with all the latest updates. So, stay tuned. Meanwhile, India who are No. 1 Test team, will start their World Test Championship against West Indies later this year. Read our report here.
- 15:24 (IST)Hardik Pandya at his best!Hardik Pandya, whose blistering knock in the last match helped India beat Australia, has spoken about how important is World Cup to him and his desire to lift the trophy on July 14 at Lords.
" 🇮🇳 means everything to me. This is my life."— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 13, 2019
"I am a happy soul no matter what happens"
"On 14th July I want to have the in my hand"
How will #TeamIndia's rockstar Hardik Pandya fare in #CWC19 today? pic.twitter.com/kTZNoY2IlN
- 15:03 (IST)Interesting stat!Given the conditions, no team would opt to bat after winning the toss. We will see if India will catch-up with the Black Caps or Kane Williamson's side will enhance their better run.
DID YOU KNOW?! This will be the eighth meeting between India and New Zealand at the @cricketworldcup Six of the previous seven encounters have been won by the chasing side (🇮🇳 x3 | 🇳🇿 x4) #BACKTHEBLACKCAPS #CWC19 #StatAttack pic.twitter.com/gh3xE9crdg— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) June 13, 2019
- 14:27 (IST)Toss is delayed!It is not raining in Nottingham at the moment but BCCI has just tweeted that the match officials will carry out an inspection, if there is no further rain, at 3:00 pm IST, meaning we will have a delayed start.
Update - If there is no further rain, there will be an inspection at 10.30 AM local time#CWC19— BCCI (@BCCI) June 13, 2019
- 14:21 (IST)Weather updates...Heavy rain is expected at 2:30 pm IST, meaning we might see a delay in toss. We have put out a detailed weather report on our website click here to read that.