Australia will stick with a winning team after Sunday naming an unchanged 12-man squad for the second Test in Adelaide, starting on December 5.
Coach Darren Lehmann said he left the way open to add extra players if required following Australia's huge 381-run win over England in the first Ashes Test at the Gabba. (Also see: Day 4 in pics)
The new drop-in wicket at Adelaide Oval has proven difficult for bowlers so far in this domestic Sheffield Shield season, and of biggest concern to Australia will be managing their in-form pace attack through the five-Test series.
Overworking Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle and in particular the injury-prone Ryan Harris is a danger for Australia given the tight turnaround between Adelaide and the third Test in Perth, and the fact that their fast bowling depth is already stretched. (Also read: Mitchell Johnson vows to continue bowling short-pitched)
But Lehmann said for a side that has only just broken a nine-match winless streak, winning every match is important.
"We said we would pick the best side possible as long as everyone is 100 percent fit," Lehmann said.
"So if Ryan is 100 percent fit he'll play.
"Every Test is important at the moment, obviously good result here but we'll concentrate on Adelaide.
"You pick the side that's going to win the Test match.
"The side is picked with the proviso that if we get to Adelaide and the conditions (dictate) we need to add a player to that 12 we will do that."
James Faulkner was the 12th man in Brisbane and keeps his place in the squad as fast bowling cover, while debutant George Bailey will stay at number six.
Injuries to James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Jackson Bird and Josh Hazlewood leave Australia short on fast bowling options should another seamer suffer injury.
Australia - David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (capt), Steve Smith, George Bailey, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris, Nathan Lyon, James Faulkner.