Table Tennis News
- ITTF Rankings: Manika Batra Jumps 10 Spots To Achieve Career-Best Ranking Of 38, G Sathiyan Is World Number 34
Ace paddler Manika Batra attained a career-high singles ranking of 38 with a jump of 10 spots while G Sathiyan was the best placed Indian male at 34 in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings.
- PM Narendra Modi Condoles Death Of Table Tennis Player D Vishwa
D Vishwa, a TT player from Tamil Nadu, died in a road accident on Sunday, while travelling from Guwahati to Shillong for the 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championships.
- 18-Year-Old Tamil Nadu Table Tennis Player Vishwa Deenadayalan Dies In Accident
Vishwa Deenadayalan, an 18-year-old table tennis player from Tamil Nadu, died in a road accident while travelling from Guwahati to Shillong.
- ITTF Rankings: Manika Batra, Archana Kamath Make It To Top-5 In Women's Doubles
The Indian pair of Manika Batra and Archana Kamath have climbed into the top-5 rankings of women's doubles.
- On Manika Batra's Petition, Delhi High Court Directs Appointment Of Administrator To Run Table Tennis Federation Of India
The Delhi High Court Friday directed the appointment of an administrator to run the Table Tennis Federation of India, saying that its faith was shaken in view of the sports body's "sorry state of affairs".
- Manika Batra Breaks Into Top-50 Of Women's Singles World Table Tennis Rankings
Manika Batra jumped six places to enter the top-50 of the women's singles world rankings for the first time.
- India's Hansini Mathan Rajan Beats Tokyo Olympics' Youngest Athlete To Win ITTF Title
India's Hansini Mathan Rajan defeated Syria's Hend Zaza, the youngest athlete of this year's Tokyo Olympics, to win the girls singles event at the 2021 ITTF Hopes and Challenge table tennis tournament in Amman.
- World Table Tennis Championships: Manika Batra Crashes Out In Quarter-Final Of Mixed, Women's Doubles Events
Star India paddler Manika Batra failed to bag a medal at the World Table Tennis Championships after crashing out in the quarterfinals of the mixed and women's doubles events.
- World Table Tennis Championships: Manika Batra Reaches Quarter-Finals Of Women's, Mixed Doubles
Manika Batra reached the quarterfinals in the mixed and women's doubles events at the World Table Tennis Championships, putting India just one win away from a historic medal.
- Delhi High Court Directs Inquiry By 3-member Committee Into Manika Batra's Allegation Of Match-Fixing
The committee will comprise two judges and one sportsperson and details would be given in the order, said the judge who had earlier directed the Sports Ministry to hold an inquiry against the sports body.
- WTT Contender Lasko: Manika Batra, Archana Kamath Clinch Doubles Title
Indian pair of Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath clinched the women's doubles title in the WTT Contender tournament in Lasko on Sunday.
- G Sathiyan And Harmeet Desai Win Men's Double Title At WTT Contender Tunis
G Sathiyan and Harmeet Desai beat Emmanual Lebesson and Alexandre Cassin to claim the men's doubles title at the WTT Contender Tunis on Saturday.
- High Court Asks Centre To Conduct Inquiry Into Allegations Against Table Tennis Body By Manika Batra
The Delhi High Court Thursday stayed the Table Tennis Federation of India's mandate on compulsory attendance at the National Coaching Camp in order to be selected for any upcoming international event and asked the Centre to conduct an inquiry into Manika Batra's complaint against the sports body.
- Manika Batra Left Out Of India Squad For Asian Table Tennis Championships
Star paddler Manika Batra was on Wednesday left out of the Indian squad for the Asian Table Tennis Championships in Doha starting September 28.
- TTFI Forms Panel To Probe Manika Batra's Fixing Allegations Against Soumyadeep Roy
Table Tennis Federation of India formed a inquiry panel to probe Manika Batra's match-fixing allegations against national coach Soumyadeep Roy.
- Matter Between Manika Batra, Soumyadeep Roy To Be Heard On September 11: TTFI Secretary-General
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) is set to have a meeting with Manika Batra and Soumyadeep Roy on September 11 to discuss the ongoing matter between the duo.
- Bhavinaben Patel Aims For Gold Medal At 2024 Paris Paralympics
After winning the silver medal in Tokyo, para table tennis player Bhavinaben Patel said she wants to win gold medal at 2024 Paris Paralympics.
- Table Tennis Star Manika Batra Denies Claim She Didn't Report Alleged Fixing Offer Earlier
Manika Batra denied TTFI's claim that she didn't report to the federation when national coach Soumyadeep Roy allegedly asked her to throw a match.