India vs South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 3 Highlights: South Africa 118/2 At Stumps On Day 3, Need 122 More To Win
IND vs SA, 2nd Test, Day 3 Highlights: At Stumps on Day 3 of the second Test at the Wanderers in Johannesburg, South Africa were at 118/2 in the chase of 122 runs against India.
IND vs SA 2nd Test, Day 3 Highlights: At Stumps on Day 3 of the second Test at the Wanderers in Johannesburg, South Africa were at 118/2 in the chase of 122 runs against India. Proteas captain Dean Elgar is still unbeaten on 46 and was joined by Rassie van der Dussen after the home side lost its second wicket. Elgar added 47 runs for the first wicket with Aiden Markram followed by a 46-run stand with Keegan Petersen for the second wicket. For India, Ravichandran, Ashwin and Shardul Thakur picked one wicket each. Earlier, Hanuma Vihari remained not out with his 40-run knock as India were bowled out for 266 runs in their second innings. The visitors made a good start on Day 3 but lost their way after the dismissals of Ajinkya Rahane (58) and Cheteshwar Pujara (53). The pair registered half-centuries to take India's lead past the 100-run mark. They were dismissed by Kagiso Rabada, who also took the wicket of Rishabh Pant. Apart from Rabada, Marco Jansen and Lungi Ngidi also picked three wickets each while Duanne Olivier took one. (Scorecard)
India Playing XI: KL Rahul(c), Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
South Africa Playing XI: Dean Elgar(c), Aiden Markram, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, Kyle Verreynne(w), Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Duanne Olivier, Lungi Ngidi
Here are the Highlights of India vs South Africa 2nd Test, Day 3 Straight From Wanderers Stadium
- 21:03 (IST)Day 3 Stumps: South Africa In Control!Stumps on Day 3, South Africa are in control as their captain is unbeaten on 46 and the team's score is 118/2. South Africa need 122 more runs to win this game and on Day 4, it will be a tough job for the Indian bowlers to get stop the South Africa batters approaching to the target.SA vs IND Live Score: South Africa 118/2, need 122 runs to win
- 20:04 (IST)Ashwin Break 46-Run Partnership!Ashwin to Petersen, OUT!! LBW!! Petersen has taken a review and finally Ashwin becomes the second Indian spinner after Anil Kumble to take a wicket in Johannesburg in Tests.Good partnership comes to an end.Keegan Petersen lbw b Ashwin 28(44) (4s-4)SA vs IND Live Score: South Africa 93/2, need 147 runs to win
- 17:32 (IST)Ngidi Last Wicket, South Africa Need 240 Runs To Win!The last wicket goes down for India as Ngidi has bowled Siraj out.Siraj b Ngidi 0(2)South Africa need 240 runs to win this Test. India on the other hand also have a good opportunity to win their maiden Test series in South Africa if they defend the total. It will be a tough job for the Indian bowlers but they have the ability to do it.SA vs IND Live Score: India 266 (all-out) lead South Africa by 239 runsSouth Africa need 240 runs to win
- 16:21 (IST)200 Comes Up For India!Another cracking shot from Thakur and he hits another boundary. Everyone is enjoying and Thakur is batting like a top-order batsman against Jansen who was the star bowler for South Africa in the first innings.200 up for IndiaSA vs IND Live Score: India 201/6, lead South Africa by 174 runs
- 16:02 (IST)Can All-Rounder Shardul Save India Today?Shardul Thakur was brilliant with the ball yesterday as he became the only Indian bowler to take seven wickets in South Africa.Looking at the team composition, Shardul is the bowler who can bat and according to Virat Kohli he's an all-rounder.India need a good partnership now, can Shardul deliver with the bat today?SA vs IND Live Score: India 188/6, lead South Africa by 161 runs
- 15:29 (IST)OUT! Lungi Ngidi removes Ravichandran Ashwin!Ashwin was looking comfortable and had just hit a four in the previous delivery! He will be disappointed with himself!A shorter delivery by Ngidi, down leg. Ashwin tried to flick it but ended up directing it to the wicketkeeper.Ravichandran Ashwin c Kyle Verreynne b Lungi Ngidi 16 (14)In walks, Shardul Thakur.