IPL 2019, MI vs CSK Highlights: Mumbai Indians Beat Chennai Super Kings By 1 Run, Win 4th IPL Title
IPL Final 2019: Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians Highlights: Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings both have lifted IPL trophy thrice.
Mumbai Indians (MI) defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in a thrilling encounter by one run to lift their 4th Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy. Needing nine to win off six balls, CSK's star performer Shane Watson (80 off 59) got run out. Thereafter, veteran Lasith Malinga became the saviour for MI as he bowled tight lines to turn the tide in his side's favour. Earlier, at one point CSK were cruising but MI bowlers took wickets in quick succession to bring their side back in the match. The biggest turning of the match was probably the runout of CSK skipper MS Dhoni from where CSK didn't recover completely. But Shane Watson brought them back in the game when he disptached Malinga for three sixes in the 18th over. Jasprit Bumrah bowled a brilliant 19th over wherein he gave just nine runs. MI skipper Rohit Sharma won the toss and elected to bat in IPL 2019 Final against CSK. Quinton de Kock (29 off 17) and Rohit Sharma (15 off 14) got Mumbai Indians to a solid start. de Kock was more explosive of the two batsmen and struck three sixes off Deepak Chahar in the fourth over of their innings. de Kock fell in the very next over off the bowling of Shardul Thakur. Deepak Chahar came back strongly in his next over as he dismissed Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma and put Mumbai Indians on the backfoot. Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan built a decent partnership and when things were looking good for them, they both fell in quick succession. Birthday boy Kieron Pollard, who turned 32, played a brilliant knock (41 off 25 balls) to help his side reach a respectable total of 149/8. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2019 Final Highlights Between Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings, straight from Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad
- 23:48 (IST)Thank you!It was pleasure bringing to you the live coverage of IPL 2019. We shall meet you next during World Cup 2019. Till then adios.
- 23:36 (IST)Mumbai Indians lift IPL trophyMumbai Indians win by 1 run and they will lift their 4th IPL trophy in a while.
- 23:34 (IST)OUT given!This is vintage Lasith Malinga at his best. He goes over the wicket and bowls that full on to the pads and Shardul Thakur is plumb. Mumbai Indians have won by a run.
- 23:32 (IST)2 needed off 1.Prayers are in full swing in both camps. Malinga is deliberating with his skipper Rohit Sharma. Full chances of a super over.
- 23:28 (IST)Runout!Another turning point in the match. Shane Watson is well short of his crease. Jadeja was quick but little yes-no worked in Mumbai's favour. He departs after playing a gem of an innings.
- 23:26 (IST)Watson on crease!7 needed off 4 balls. Malinga is bowling low full tosses, making it hard for the batsman to get below the ball.
- 23:24 (IST)Bye four!Ohh boy... Mumbai Indians fielders will rue their mistakes if they lose the game. This time Quinton de Kock fails to collect the ball and the ball goes past him for a four behind his back. Bumrah was very unlucky.
- 23:20 (IST)Two runs!Ravindra Jadeja gets his bat to the ball and sends it in the gap. The batsmen complete two.
- 23:19 (IST)Bravo departs!Bumrah bowled that close to 149kph and Bravo tries to make room on the off side but only manages an edge straight to the wicket keeper.
- 23:16 (IST)Six over midwicketShane Watson has turned the game with his sublime hitting. Krunal Pandya bowled that in the arc and Watson goes down on his knees and darts that over mid wicket fence for a huge six.
- 23:14 (IST)Another six!Shane Watson judges the length perfectly and dispatches that straight down the ground for a 82-metre six.That was just a on the rise shot.
- 23:13 (IST)SixShane Watson on strike. Krunal bowls away from him and he has hit it fine for a six.
- 23:10 (IST)Brilliant Bumrah!Jasprit Bumrah proves why many call him the world's best bowler. He concedes just four runs in that over. He was unlucky that Rahul Chahar didn't complete the catch.
- 23:06 (IST)Dropped!Rahul Chahar drops a sitter which has given CSK a sigh of relief. Bumrah bowls a nice bouncer and Watson was deceived completely.
- 23:02 (IST)Back to back fours for Watson!Shane Watson completes his 19th IPL fifty in style with a wonderful shot. He follows that up with another cracker of a shot which reaches the fence in no time, dissecting the two fielders on the off side.
FIFTY!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) May 12, 2019
Back to back half-centuries for @ShaneRWatson33 pic.twitter.com/om78JeoIXH
- 23:00 (IST)Four!Shane Watson swings his bat and manages a thick edge. The ball sails for a four past third man fence.
- 22:58 (IST)SIXExcellent shot from Bravo. Malinga goes for a yorker, misses his length and Bravo flicks that over square for a beautiful six.
- 22:50 (IST)Put down by Rahul Chahar!Ohh! boy... Rahul Chahar what have you done! Shane Watson hit that one powerfully straight to the bowler and and he has put him down. Will it prove costly? That said brilliant bowling spell from the young bowler who finished his quota with 14/1.
- 22:47 (IST)Turning point!The match has turned upside down and Mumbai Indians are in front at the moment as the required run rate has already gone beyond 10 an over.
- 22:42 (IST)Direct hit! OUT... Dhoni has to goMS Dhoni has just made it... wait has he? Replay from different angle suggest different things and it all depends how third umpire views it. The TV umpire is taking his time and rightly so because this decision can decide the fate of this match. Nigel Llong has given him OUT. This is massive in the context of the game.
- 22:38 (IST)Four!Rahul Chahar bowls on the leg stump and Watson swept that between Bumrah's legs for a four towards short fine leg. Bumrah fails to gather it properly.
- 22:31 (IST)Teaser from Bumrah!Jasprit Bumrah welcomes MS Dhoni to the crease with a teasing delivery on the fifth stump line and Dhoni takes his bat away right in time.
- 22:29 (IST)Rayudu also departs!Jasprit Bumrah bowls a terrific short ball at Ambati Rayudu who only manages a thick edge straight to Quinton de Kock. Mumbai Indians are right back in the match.
- 22:23 (IST)CSK lose review! Raina departsRahul Chahar hits Suresh Raina high on the knee roll and the umpire has given him out. Raina takes review and this time the replay showed that the umpire was right. Raina departs and CSK lose their review. This was selfish review from Raina, might prove costly in the end.
- 22:19 (IST)Chance goes begging!Shane Watson hits short ball from McClenaghan in the air and Malinga underneath it could not even get his hands to it. A crucial chance goes begging for Mumbai Indians. To get back in the game Mumbai Indians will have to convert these half chances.
- 22:17 (IST)Four!Magnificent shot from Shane Watson. Mitchell McClenaghan bowls a half volley and Watson plays that straight down the ground towards long off fence for a cracking four. The ball travelled like a trace of bullet.
- 22:09 (IST)Appeal caught behind! NOT OUTMitchell McClenaghan bowls a well-directed bouncer at Suresh Raina who plays it awkwardly and the umpire has given him out. Raina has taken review straightaway. The snicko-meter shows no deviation and the umpire has to change his decision. Raina survives.
- 22:02 (IST)Cuts beautifully!Malinga goes back of length and Shane Watson was quick to cut that away from point fielder for a four. Mumbai Indians bowlers are not bowling as per the field.
- 21:58 (IST)SIXLasith Malinga bowls that one on Shane Watson's pads who flicks it for a six over backward square fence.
- 21:56 (IST)Shane Watson plays that in the air towards backward point region,. the fielder there dives full length but the ball sails away from him to the fence.
- 21:53 (IST)First breakthrough!Faf du Plesis' short stay at crease comes to an end. Krunal Pandya saw him stepping out and yorks him with his full delivery. Quniton de Kock did a wonderful job and dislodges his stumps.
- 21:48 (IST)du Plesis on song!Krunal Pandya has been taken for a ride here by du Plesis. He hit three consecutive boundaries -- four, six and four.
- 21:46 (IST)Over throw four!CSK openers are running dangerously. This time also lack of communication between was clearly evident but they will benefit from that as that one goes for an overthrow four.
- 21:44 (IST)Runout chance!A direct hit and Shane Watson was nowhere in the frame. Lucky for him that the ball missed the stumps.
- 21:40 (IST)Four!Shane Watson played that through deep extra cover for an excellent four. It was a half volley from Krunal Pandya and deserved the punishment.
- 21:38 (IST)Close chance!du Plesis played in the air but away from Krunal Pandya and he however manages to make something out of it by diving to his full length.
- 21:33 (IST)Four!Faf du Plesis is off the mark and in some style. McClenaghan bowled that way too full and du Plesis drove it in the cover region for a four.
- 21:31 (IST)We are back!Faf du Plesis and Shane Watson walk into bat for CSK while Mitchell McClenaghan has the ball for Mumbai Indians.
- 21:18 (IST)Another four!Kieron Pollard has finished Mumbai Indians innings in style, hitting two back-to-back boundaries in the same direction. Both time fielders had no time to react because the ball was travelling like a bullet.
- 21:16 (IST)Four!Pollard dissects the two fielders on the off-side boundary for a cracking four. None of the two fielders went for the ball.