India vs New Zealand 1st ODI Highlights: Mohammed Siraj, Shubman Gill Shine As India Beat NZ By 12 Runs In Thriller To Take 1-0 Lead
IND vs NZ,1st ODI Highlights: Massive knock from Shubman Gill and a four-wicket haul by Mohammed Siraj guided team India to a victory by 12 runs in the first ODI against New Zealand at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad
IND vs NZ, 1st ODI Highlights: Massive knock from Shubman Gill and a four-wicket haul by Mohammed Siraj guided team India to a victory by 12 runs in the first ODI against New Zealand at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad. Opted to bat first, team India posted a total of 349/8 in 50 overs after Shubman Gill smashed 208 and brought up his maiden double ton. Later, New Zealand started off on a bad note as they lost quick wickets but Michael Bracewell and Mitchell Santner (57) struck a huge partnership and brought the visitors back into the game. However, Mohammed Siraj struck twice and dismissed Santner and Henry Shipley in one over and built some pressure on New Zealand. Later, Bracewell anchored the innings and smashed 140 runs but Shardul Thakur dismissed him in the last over as the hosts claimed a 12-run win. Apart from Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav and Shardul Thakur scalped two wickets each. With this win, India take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. (SCORECARD)
India XI: India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami.
New Zealand XI: Tom Latham (wk/c), Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Henry Shipley, Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson and Blair Tickner
Here are the Highlights of the 1st ODI Match between India and New Zealand straight from Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad
- 21:54 (IST)IND vs NZ: India win by 12 runsWhat a moment it is!! Shardul Thakur dismisses Michael Bracewell for 140 as India defeat New Zealand by 12 runs in the first ODI and take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Shardul strikes Bracewell on the pads as the umpire signals an out and hosts claim the victory by 12 runs.
- 21:49 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Michael Bracewell hits another maximum on Shardul Thakur's delivery. Bracewell pulls it over the long-on as the ball goes straight into the crowd. New Zealand need 14 off 5 balls to win.NZ 336/9 (49.1 overs)
- 21:43 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! India take a sigh of relief as Hardik Pandya scalps the wicket of Lockie Ferguson for 8. Ferguson tries to play a big shot but Shubman Gill makes no mistake and takes a brilliant catch. India making their way back into the way as they take ninth wicket.NZ 328/9 (48.3 overs)
- 21:40 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Another maximum from Bracewell on Mohammad Shami's delivery. Bracewell unleashes a powerful shot on the backward point as the ball goes sailing over the fence. A thrilling finish is on the cards as New Zealand need 24 runs from 12 balls to win.NZ 326/8 (48 overs)
- 21:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURLockie Ferguson joins the party and smashes a boundary on Mohammad Shami's delivery. Ferguson makes a brilliant use of the short and wide delivery and unleashes a powerful shot that crosses the boundary line.NZ 313/8 (47.1 overs)
- 21:34 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Michael Bracwell is standing like the last hope for New Zealand as he hits another maximum in the same over of Hardik Pandya. Despite two sudden wickets, Bracewell keeps on smashing big hits to keep New Zealand in the game.NZ 309/8 (47 overs)
- 21:32 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXMichael Bracewell keeps the hope alive for New Zealand as he hits another maximum on Hardik Pandya's delivery. Bracewell perfectly swipes the shot over deep mid-wicket and the ball goes straight into the crowd as New Zealand cross the 300-run markNZ 300/8 (46.1 overs)
- 21:27 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! What a change of of momentum by Mohammed Siraj. The pacer clean bowled Henry Shipley for duck and completes his fourth wicket. New Zealand have lost their eighth wicket after Shipley completely fails to judge Siraj's delivery.NZ 294/8 (45.5 overs)
- 21:25 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!! Big relief for Team India as Mohammed Siraj scalps the wicket of Mitchell Santner for 57. Santner fails to connect the shot as the balls goes up in the air and Suryakumar Yadav takes a brilliant catch as the long partnership breaks. New Zealand lose their seventh wicket.NZ 293/7 (45.4 overs)
- 21:14 (IST)IND vs NZ: Fifty for SantnerMitchell Santner turns out to be lucky! He smashes two back-to-back boundaries on Mohammad Shami's delivery and brings up his half-century. Santner takes 38 balls to cross the 50-run mark as he gives a strong support to Michael Bracewell.NZ 284/6 (43.4 overs)
- 21:08 (IST)IND vs NZ: Century for BracewellMichael Bracewell completes his 2nd ODI century in style as he hits a massive six on Mohammad Shami's delivery. Bracewell takes 57 deliveries to cross the 100-run mark as New Zealand hope for victory.NZ 267/6 (42.2 overs)
- 20:58 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXBracewell on fire! The batter smashes another maximum on Mohammad Shami's delivery. He places a shot towards the fine leg as the ball goes sailing over the fence. Bracewell standing unbeaten at 95* as New Zealand aim for victory.NZ 254/6 (40.3 overs)
- 20:55 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXMichael Bracewell keeps the momentum towards New Zealand as he hits two maximums on Washington Sundar's delivery. The first one comes after he smashes it over long-off while the second one comes after he places a shot between the mid-off and long-on.NZ 247/6 (40 overs)
- 20:52 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURMitchell Santner punishes Shardul Thakur with another boundary. Santner takes the full advantage of the poor delivery as he places a shot towards the mid-off and gets four runs. Expensive over for India as Shardul concedes 17 runs.NZ 231/6 (39 overs)
- 20:48 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURMichael Bracewell smashes another boundary on Shardul Thakur's delivery. Bracewell perfectly finds the gap square leg and short fine leg as the ball crosses the boundary line and gives four runs to New Zealand.NZ 218/6 (38.1 overs)
- 20:42 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXBracewell on fire! The batter hits a monstrous six on Kuldeep Yadav's delivery. Bracewell lofts the shots towards the off-drive and ball goes sailing over the fence. New Zealand aim for victory as Bracewell and Santner have perfectly anchored the innings.NNZ 211/6 (37.2 overs)
- 20:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: Fifty for BracewellMichael Bracewell brings up his half-century in style as he smashes a huge maximum on Shardul Thakur's delivery. Bracewell gets a slower delivery from Thakur and he pulls it over the mid-wicket for a huge six. What an excellent piece of batting from Bracewell.NZ 198/6 (36.2 overs)
- 20:35 (IST)IND vs NZ: Bracewell nears fiftyMichael Bracewell inches closer towards his half-century as he hits another boundary on Shardul Thakur's delivery. Bracewell makes room and unleashes a shot towards the extra cover.NZ 192/6 (36.1 overs)
- 20:32 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURMichael Bracewell hits another boundary on Kuldeep Yadav's delivery. Bracewell makes the full advantage of the loose ball from Kuldeep and smashes it towrads the long-on to get four runs.NZ 187/6 (35.3 overs)
- 20:23 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXMitchell Santner brilliantly joins the party as hits a huge maximum on Washington Sundar's delivery. He leans forward and unleashes a powerful shot towards the long-on as the ball lands straight into the crowd.NZ 168/6 (33.1 overs)
- 20:20 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURMichael Bracewell keeps the momentum alive for New Zealand as he hits two boundaries on Washington Sundar's deliveries. The first one comes after he places a straight drive towards deep point as the ball crosses the boundary line. The second comes after he finds the gap at the mid-wicket.NZ 153/6 (32 overs)
- 20:06 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! Mohammed Siraj strikes again and dismisses Tom Latham for 24. Latham tries to hit a big shot on the short delivery as Washington Sundar takes a brilliant catch at the deep square leg. New Zealand lose their sixth wicket in the chase.
NZ 131/6 (28.4 overs)
- 19:52 (IST)IND vs NZ: FINALLY A BOUNDARY!Michael Bracewell finally went for a big shot and it is a boundary for New Zealand through mid-wicket. He followed it up with another one through the covers. Welcome fours for the Kiwis!
- 19:47 (IST)IND vs NZ: SHAMI STRIKESMohammed Shami has claimed his first wicket! Glenn Phillips plays across the line and is castled for 11. The right-hander was struggling to score runs and he made a complete mess to an in-swinging delivery.
- 19:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURTom Latham keeps the hope alive for New Zealand as he hits another boundary on Kuldeep Yadav's delivery. Latham unleashes a shot towards the on-side. The fielder on the fine leg makes a dive but fails to stop the ball from crossing the boundary line.NZ 104/4 (22 overs)
- 19:24 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXGlenn Phillips enters with a bang and smashes a huge six on Kuldeep Yadav's delivery. Phillips gets down and slog-sweeps it over the corner as the ball goes sailing over the fence. What a way to get off the mark.NZ 95/4 (18 overs)
- 19:19 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! Kuldeep Yadav strikes again and dismisses Daryl Mitchell for 9. The ball hits Mitchell on the pads and the umpire signals an out. Despite going for a DRS, Mitchell remains out and New Zealand lose their fourth wicket in the huge chase.NZ 89/4 (17.4 overs)
- 19:11 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! Another breakthrough for Team India as Kuldeep Yadav dismissed Henry Nicholls for 18. Nicholls gets completely bamboozled by the spinning delivery as the ball rattles out the off stump. New Zealand lose their third wicket.NZ 78/3 (15.3 overs)
- 19:00 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!! India take a sigh of relief as Shardul Thakur removes Finn Allen for 40. Allen tries to play a big shot but substitute fielder Rajat Patidar takes a brilliant catch at the deep mid-wicket as New Zealand lose their second wicket. A moment of worry for the visitors.
NZ 70/2 (12.5 overs)
- 18:50 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFinn Allen completely changes the phase of the game as he hits another boundary and this time Kuldeep Yadav becomes his prey. He perfectly places a shot towards the deep mid-wicket and steals four runs. Brilliant batting from Allen.NZ 67/1 (11.2 overs)
- 18:48 (IST)IND vs NZ: Expensive overFinn Allen brutally thrashes Hardik Pandya as he hits him for three 4s and a 6. Hardik Pandya ends up conceding 20 runs of the over a New Zealand aim for recovery after the sudden loss of wicket.NZ 62/1 (11 overs)
- 18:41 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURHenry Nicholls joins the party and hits two boundaries on Mohammed Siraj's delivery. The first one comes after Nicholls places a shot through the cover point. The second one comes after he clears the mid-wicket and the ball goes for a four.NZ 41/1 (9.5 overs)
- 18:27 (IST)IND vs NZ: Shami picks up an injuryPacer Mohammad Shami picks up an injury during a caught and bowled attempt. The ball hits the thumb of Shami as he walks out with an ice pack on his hand. Hope he returns to bowl the next over.NZ 28/1 (6.4 overs)
- 18:19 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTSiraj takes his revenge! The pacer provides Team India with their first breakthrough as he dismisses Devon Conway for 10. Conway unleashes a shot in attempt of a maximum but Kuldeep Yadav takes a brilliant catch at the fine leg as New Zealand lose their first wicket.NZ 28/1 (5.4 overs)
- 18:13 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFinn Allen hits a brilliant boundary on Mohammad Shami's delivery. Allen perfectly glances the shot towards the fine leg as the ball simply crosses the boundary rope and fetches four runs for Allen.NZ 28/0 (4.1 overs)
- 18:11 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURDevon Conway continues to hit Mohammed Siraj and gets another boundary on his delivery. The ball hits the thigh pads as it dodges the bat and goes for a four on the fine leg.NZ 24/0 (3.4 overs)
- 18:05 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURConway thrashes Siraj for another boundary in the same over. Conway places the shot in the long-on as Kuldeep fails to stop the shot and NZ get four runs.NZ 12/0 (1.5 overs)
- 18:03 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURDevon Conway joins the party and hits a boundary on Mohammed Siraj's delivery. He perfectly places a shot towards the off-stump as the ball beats the fielder and goes for a four.NZ 8/0 (1.1 overs)
- 17:56 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFinn Allen turns out to be lucky! Allen places a thick edge shot on Mohammad Shami's delivery and it goes over the head of Virat Kohli at the second slip. The ball comfortably crosses the boundary line and New Zealand get four runs.NZ 4/0 (0.4 overs)
- 17:51 (IST)IND vs NZ: We are backHello and welcome to our live coverage of the second innings of the first ODI match between India and New Zealand. We got to see some intense batting action in the first innings after Shubman Gill smashed his maiden double hundred and guided Team India to the total of 349/8. New Zealand need 350 runs to win.
We are back for the chase. Finn Allen and Devon Conway to open for the Kiwis. Mohammad Shami to bowl first.
It is not impossible but a daunting task lies ahead for the Kiwis. The bowlers were gone for runs and the scoreboard says it. They will be a bit tired but needs someone to play an anchoring innings to take this game deep. The pitch looks good to play on. Some balls are holding and some are coming nicely on the bat. A reminder New Zealand are without Kane Williamson. Will they miss him or the likes of Devon Conway and Tom Latham step up? We will find out soon.
A massive total by India! However, the credit goes to one man only, Shubman Gill! From the start to the end, it was the opener who made the difference. While others struggled to hang on, it didn't matter to the youngster as he continued to play his kock in his style and reached milestone after milestone. At one moment after his 150, it looked like fatigue started to get over him but he went bonkers and in the final phase scored six after six to get his double-hundred. A moment to remember for him. India putting on a show at Hyderabad. They have a massive score to play with.
Full and outside off. Yadav slices his drive to point and it falls safely. One run. India end with 349.
On the pads, flicked to deep square leg for one.
Length and on off. Yadav taps it to the left of the keeper for a quick single.
Glenn Phillips puts down a sitter! A sitter for his standards! Shorter and on off. Shami pulls but gets a top edge to deep square leg. He runs in from deep mid-wicket and pops it out.
OUT! SIX AND OUT! Gill walks back to a standing ovation! A deserving ovation! It was his time and he deserves this! A knock that he will remember for years! Short and on off, Gill pulls it flat and to deep mid-wicket. Glenn Phillips comes in flying and puts in a dive to take a superb low catch.
SIX! Gill putting on a show! Too full, off cutter and on off. Gill waits and luanches it high over long on for a six.
Shorter and on off, pulled to square leg and Gill will retain the strike.
Length and on off, Yadav taps it to point for one.
On middle, pulled to square leg for one.
SIX! 200 FOR SHUBMAN GILL! Cometh the hour cometh the man! What an innings! One to remember! He is reaching milestones with a biggie! That is what this young blood has! Full and on off, this is lofted over long off for a biggie. The crowd stands as they applause the knock.
SIX! This is the best of the lot! What a stroke! Fuller and outside off. Gill goes full throttle as he lofts it high over long off for a biggie.
SIX! BANG! What a shot! On the hips, this is pulled behind square leg for a biggie.
15 runs off the over! Full toss, outside off, cut to deep point for one.
Wide! Goes more wide but over the tramline. Left alone.
A widish yorker, outside off. Gill fails to jam it out.
SIX! Gill turning it on again! Short and on middle. Gill pulls it high over square leg for a biggie.