India vs New Zealand 1st ODI Highlights: Mohammed Siraj, Shubman Gill Shine As India Beat NZ By 12 Runs In Thriller To Take 1-0 Lead
IND vs NZ,1st ODI Highlights: Massive knock from Shubman Gill and a four-wicket haul by Mohammed Siraj guided team India to a victory by 12 runs in the first ODI against New Zealand at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad
IND vs NZ, 1st ODI Highlights: Massive knock from Shubman Gill and a four-wicket haul by Mohammed Siraj guided team India to a victory by 12 runs in the first ODI against New Zealand at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad. Opted to bat first, team India posted a total of 349/8 in 50 overs after Shubman Gill smashed 208 and brought up his maiden double ton. Later, New Zealand started off on a bad note as they lost quick wickets but Michael Bracewell and Mitchell Santner (57) struck a huge partnership and brought the visitors back into the game. However, Mohammed Siraj struck twice and dismissed Santner and Henry Shipley in one over and built some pressure on New Zealand. Later, Bracewell anchored the innings and smashed 140 runs but Shardul Thakur dismissed him in the last over as the hosts claimed a 12-run win. Apart from Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav and Shardul Thakur scalped two wickets each. With this win, India take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. (SCORECARD)
India XI: India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami.
New Zealand XI: Tom Latham (wk/c), Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Henry Shipley, Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson and Blair Tickner
Here are the Highlights of the 1st ODI Match between India and New Zealand straight from Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad
- 21:54 (IST)IND vs NZ: India win by 12 runsWhat a moment it is!! Shardul Thakur dismisses Michael Bracewell for 140 as India defeat New Zealand by 12 runs in the first ODI and take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Shardul strikes Bracewell on the pads as the umpire signals an out and hosts claim the victory by 12 runs.
- 21:43 (IST)
- 21:25 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!! Big relief for Team India as Mohammed Siraj scalps the wicket of Mitchell Santner for 57. Santner fails to connect the shot as the balls goes up in the air and Suryakumar Yadav takes a brilliant catch as the long partnership breaks. New Zealand lose their seventh wicket.NZ 293/7 (45.4 overs)
- 20:42 (IST)
- 20:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: Fifty for BracewellMichael Bracewell brings up his half-century in style as he smashes a huge maximum on Shardul Thakur's delivery. Bracewell gets a slower delivery from Thakur and he pulls it over the mid-wicket for a huge six. What an excellent piece of batting from Bracewell.NZ 198/6 (36.2 overs)
- 20:20 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURMichael Bracewell keeps the momentum alive for New Zealand as he hits two boundaries on Washington Sundar's deliveries. The first one comes after he places a straight drive towards deep point as the ball crosses the boundary line. The second comes after he finds the gap at the mid-wicket.NZ 153/6 (32 overs)
- 19:00 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!! India take a sigh of relief as Shardul Thakur removes Finn Allen for 40. Allen tries to play a big shot but substitute fielder Rajat Patidar takes a brilliant catch at the deep mid-wicket as New Zealand lose their second wicket. A moment of worry for the visitors.
NZ 70/2 (12.5 overs)
- 18:19 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTSiraj takes his revenge! The pacer provides Team India with their first breakthrough as he dismisses Devon Conway for 10. Conway unleashes a shot in attempt of a maximum but Kuldeep Yadav takes a brilliant catch at the fine leg as New Zealand lose their first wicket.NZ 28/1 (5.4 overs)
- 17:51 (IST)IND vs NZ: We are backHello and welcome to our live coverage of the second innings of the first ODI match between India and New Zealand. We got to see some intense batting action in the first innings after Shubman Gill smashed his maiden double hundred and guided Team India to the total of 349/8. New Zealand need 350 runs to win.