India vs england 2012 Features
- Suresh Raina is in a league of his own in ODI cricket
Raina might still be the nearly man when it comes to Test cricket, but in the limited-overs game, he is in a league of his own. He has often lived under the towering shadows of the top-order batsmen, quietly doing his job at No. 5 or No. 6.
- It's not all about cricket in Dharamsala this weekend
HPCA is expecting more than 8,000 spectators to arrive for the match from outside the hill state. Representatives of the hospitality industry say most of the spectators have been enquiring about the nearby destinations from where they can see the mountains.
- A Yuvraj Singh special could be just around the corner
Wednesday will mark Yuvraj's first international appearance at the PCA Stadium since the semifinal of the World Cup against Pakistan, on March 30, 2011.
- MS Dhoni takes centrestage as excitement grips Ranchi
The return of the quintessential small-town boy to his roots for his first professional engagement is a fairytale script, and Dhoni is looking forward to it.
- 'Harmless' snake in swimming pool stuns England's Stuart Meaker
Meaker opted out of taking a dip and an eyewitness has been quoted as saying that the 'reptile was hardly as big as Meaker described it to be!'
- India desperate to shed opening blues
Amongst the more stark reminders of India's fall since the heady days when the team was ranked No. 1 in Test cricket and had just won the 2011 World Cup is the decline in form and fortunes of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir, among India's most successful opening pairs ever.
- Parveez Rasool: Kashmiri all-rounder's journey from bullets to cricket
The 23-year-old was detained by Bangalore police for questioning in 2009 in connection with suspected presence of explosives at the Chinnaswamy Stadium and was later given clean chit. Recently, he was picked for India 'A' squad to play against England. Talk of comebacks!
- Indian cricket in 2012: The year in retrospect
It has been a year that Indian cricket fans would largely want to forget. Greats retired and defeats came frequently. There were some amazing performances and comebacks too but overall, 2013 would be seen with eager anticipation.
- Putting the analysis back into cricket
Why and how cricket analysis was one of the high points of the series between India and England.
- Sourav Ganguly's column on: MS Dhoni's workload and Sachin Tendulkar's future
Former India captain says the selection committee chairman or someone very responsible may have a quiet word with Sachin Tendulkar to find out his future plans. If he wants to be a part of the tours to South Africa and England in 2013-14, then he should be allowed to have his way.