Premier League, Liverpool vs Manchester City Highlights: Liverpool Beat Man City 3-1 To Extend Lead
Premier League 2019, Liverpool vs Man City Highlights: Fabinho, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane scored for Liverpool, while Bernardo Silva scored Man City's only goal.
Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-1 at Anfield on Sunday to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League points table. The hosts started the game on a high and took two goals lead inside 13 minutes. Fabinho broke the deadlock in the sixth minute to hand Liverpool an early lead, while Mohamed Salah scored with a header in the 13th minute to double his side's lead. Manchester City were unlucky as they were denied a clear penalty chance before Liverpool's opening goal. Manchester City tried hard in the first-half but couldn't get on the score-sheet. Sadio Mane fired in a header in the 51st minute to push Man City further on the back foot. City's only goal came through Bernardo Silva in the 78th minute.
Football Match Highlights Between Liverpool vs Manchester City, straight from Anfield, Liverpool
- 23:39 (IST)Bernanrdo Silva scores for Man City!GOAL! Bernardo Silva scored deep into the second-half to reduce Liverpool's lead.
GOAL Liverpool 3-1 Man City (78 mins)— Premier League (@premierleague) November 10, 2019
Angelino's diverted cross falls kindly to Bernardo Silva to drill into the back of the net#LIVMCI
- 23:14 (IST)Mane makes it 3-0 for Liverpool!GOAL! Sadio Mane heads the ball into the back of the net to make it 3-0 for Liverpool. Jordan Henderson once again delivered an exquisite ball towards the far post and there was no one marking Sadio Mane and headed the ball inside with rather ease.
- 22:52 (IST)Half-time whistle goes! Liverpool lead 2-0Liverpool go into the half-time break with a two goal lead, courtesy early goals from Fabinho and Mohamed Salah.
- 22:27 (IST)Wonderful save from Alisson!Another City move foiled, this time by Alisson Becker. Sergio Aguero got away from Liverpool defender inside the box and forced Alisson into action as the shot was curling in to the far post. Aguero's wait for the first goal at Anfield continues.
30. We're working our way into this!@aguerosergiokun forces a decent stop from Alisson with a curling drive before @angel_tasende69 clips the outside of the post with an improvised poke.— Manchester City (@ManCity) November 10, 2019
2-0 #LIVMCI #ManCity pic.twitter.com/jTKXSjsMUj
- 21:40 (IST)Man City starting XI!
How we’re lining-up at Anfield— Manchester City (@ManCity) November 10, 2019
Bravo, Walker, Stones, Fernandinho (C), Angelino, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero
Subs | Carson, Jesus, Silva, Mahrez, Cancelo, Otamendi, Foden
#LIVMCI #ManCity pic.twitter.com/mucErmvPIw
- 21:37 (IST)Players have reached the ground!Players from both teams have reached the venue.