FIFA World Cup 2022 News
- Lionel Messi To Gift Gold iPhone 14s To Argentina World Cup Squad, Staff: Report
Lionel Messi will gift a gold iPhone 14 Pro to every member of his team, including support staff, who were part of the 2022 FIFA World Cup triumph in Qatar last year
- Argentina Face FIFA Charge For "Offensive Behaviour" During World Cup Final In Qatar
Argentina defeated France in the FIFA World Cup final in Qatar in December, 2022
- Former Brazil Center-Back Miranda Announces Retirement
The center-back represented his country 58 times between 2009 and 2019, scoring three goals, according to respected website Transfermarkt
- Lionel Messi Guides PSG To Victory On Return After World Cup Triumph
Lionel Messi scored in Paris Saint-Germain's 2-0 win over Angers in Ligue 1 on Wednesday on his first appearance since leading Argentina to victory in the World Cup in Qatar
- Julian Nagelsmann "Left Players Alone" After Germany's "Bad, Sad World Cup"
Bayern Munich coach Julian Nagelsmann said he is "not much of a comforter", telling the press on Sunday he decided not to focus on Germany's "bad, sad World Cup" with his side.
- Croatian World Cup Star Dejan Lovren Rejects Accusations Of Fascism
Dejan Lovren, a centre back who has rejoined Lyon in France, on Friday denied he sang fascist songs after Croatian victories in the World Cup or made homophobic tweets
- Pele's Passing, Glory For Messi And An Unprecedented FIFA Ban For India Sum Up Year
Pele's demise just two days before the world prepared to welcome the new year and Lionel Messi-led Argentina lifting the World Cup trophy were undoubtedly the two epochal moments
- Pele, Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi: Who Is The Greatest Of All Time?
Pele played in four World Cups, winning three times, a record not yet beaten and giving him one more than Maradona and Messi combined
- "Such Futile Things...": Kylian Mbappe's Strong Reaction On Being Mocked By Argentina Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez
Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez grabbed a lot of attention but for all the wrong reason after he mocked the French star Kylian Mbappe during the FIFA World Cup victory bus parade
- Lionel Messi's Room In Qatar To Be Converted Into Museum To Commemorate Argentina's FIFA World Cup Triumph. See Pics
Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero shared a room near the end of Argentina's victorious World Cup campaign.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Subjected To 'Political Ban' At FIFA World Cup 2022: Turkey President Recep Erdogan
Recep Tayyip Erdogan, president of Turkey, has reportedly said that Portuguese superstar footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was subjected to a 'political ban' at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- More Than Skin Deep: Fans Line Up For Lionel Messi Tattoos
"For the next two weeks, I have (appointments) exclusively related to the World Cup," tattoo artist Esteban Vucinovich told AFP in the capital.
- Football In 2022: From Cristiano Ronaldo Hitting Rock-Bottom To Lionel Messi Realising Ultimate Dream
As the year 2022 comes to an end, NDTV takes a look at the most important incidents in the world of football in the last 12 months.
- The Story Of Lionel Messi And A 'Lucky' Red Ribbon
Lionel Messi wore a 'lucky red ribbon' during the FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign with Argentina. He was first gifted the ribbon by a reporter in Russia during the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Amid Controversy Over Lionel Messi's 2nd Goal in FIFA WC Final, Referee Admits To Making 1 Mistake
Lionel Messi's second goal in the FIFA World Cup final became the subject of controversy after claims of it being 'illegitimate' emerged. The FIFA World Cup final referee has now broken his silence on the matter.
- Patcrick Vieira Slams Emiliano Martinez's 'Stupid' World Cup Celebrations
Emiliano Martinez was seen making a crude gesture after winning the golden glove trophy for the best goalkeeper at the tournament.
- Complaint Lodged Against Argentina Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez For Mocking Kylian Mbappe: Report
The president of the French Football Federation Noel Le Graet has reportedly lodged a formal complaint with Argentina Football Association (AFA) over Emiliano Martinez making fun of Kylian Mbappe during the victory parade of Argentina national football team.
- FIFA To Investigate Salt Bae's World Cup Final Antics: Report
Celebrity chef Salt Bae has been slammed by many over his FIFA World Cup 2022 final antics