Story ProgressBack to home
Wales vs Iran FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Iran Beat 10-man Wales 2-0 To Stay Alive In Group B
FIFA World Cup 2022, Wales vs Iran Highlights: Iran struck two goals in the injury time to beat 10-man Wales in a Group B match. Wales goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey was sent-off for a foul outside the penalty box.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Iran beat 10-man Wales 2-0© AFP
Wales vs Iran, FIFA World Cup 2022, Highlights: Iran made the most of their one-man advantage, scoring two injury-time goals to beat Wales 2-0 to stay alive in the Group B. Late into the second-half, Wales goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey was sent-off for a foul outside the penalty box, giving Iran a man's advantage in the dying minutes. The first half remained a drab affair, with neither of the two teams managing to creat big chances. Earlier, Gareth Bale made history for Wales as he started the game against Iran, making his 110th appearance for the country. (Matchcentre)
Here are the Highlights Updates of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Wales and Iran straight from Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Get alerts for live updates
Turn on notifications to receive alerts as stories develop in real-time. You can manage alerts in your app's settings.
- 17:36 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Thank youThat's it for now guys. Please join us for the live coverage of the Group A clash between Qatar and Senegal, at the Al Thumama Stadium.
- 17:35 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Iran defeat WalesIran beat Wales 2-0 in their Group B clash of the ongoing FIFA World Cup, at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium on Friday. Roozbeh Cheshmi, Ramin Rezaeian strike one goal each in the dying minutes of the game and provide Iran a a win in the thrilling encounter.
- 17:33 (IST)Wales vs Iran: GOALGOAL!!!! Iran completely change the phase of the game as they struck another goal in the additional time. Ramin Rezaeian comfortably puts the ball in the nets.Live Score: IRN 2: WAL 0 (90+11)
- 17:30 (IST)Wales vs Iran: GOALGOAL!!! In the last-minute of the game, Roozbeh Cheshmi provides Iran with a breakthrough as his shot hits the target.Live Score: IRN 1: Wales 0 (90+9)
- 17:26 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Ramin Rezaeian and Alireza Jahanbakhsh get yellow cardIran in trouble as in the dying minutes of the game, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Ramin Rezaeian get yellow card from the referee. Jahanbakhsh to miss the next game.
- 17:21 (IST)Wales vs Iran: 9 mins stoppage timeThe stoppage time for the final whistle of the match between Wales and Iran will be nine minutes.
- 17:19 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Red card for Wayne HennesseyWales goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey gets the first red card of FIFA World Cup 2022 for a dangerous tackle on the field. On the other hand, Aaron Ramsey gets replaced by Danny Ward, who will be the new goalkeeper.
- 17:15 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Ali Karimi replaces Saeid EzatolahiSaeid Ezatolahi gets replaced by Ali Karimi in Iran's lineup.
- 17:09 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Jahanbakhsh replaces GholizadehAlireza Jahanbakhsh replaces Ali Gholizadeh while Roozbeh Cheshmi replaces Ahmad Noorollahi in Iran's lineup.
- 17:07 (IST)Wales vs Iran: No goalEhsan Hajsafi puts a brilliant effort and takes the balls into the penalty area but Wales' defenders easily turn it down and save another goal.
- 17:02 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Good defence from WalesAhmad Noorollahi's brilliant pass was perfectly averted by the defenders of Wales. Game still goes at 0-0 in the 71st minute
- 16:59 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Karim Ansarifard replaces Sardar AzmounKarim Ansarifard replaces James while Sardar Azmoun in Iran's lineup for the rest of the game.
- 16:46 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Unlucky IranAli Gholizadeh takes a rebound kick but the attempt fails as the ball hits the goal post. Later, Sardar Azmoun's brilliantly drifts it in but the ball the hits the left post. Disappointment for Iran.
- 16:37 (IST)Wales vs Iran: We are back underwayHello and welcome back to the second half of the FIFA World Cup match between Wales and Iran, at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium.
- 16:23 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Half-timeThe first half of the FIFA World Cup match between Wales and Iran ends in 0-0 draw. Both Iran and Wales played an attacking game in the first 45 minutes and will be interesting to see that which side will score.
- 16:20 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Yellow card for RodonWales' Rodon J has been given a yellow card by referee Mario Escobar for his rough tackle.
- 16:19 (IST)Wales vs Iran: No goalA brilliant pass from Ahmad Noorollahi to goes in vain Sardar Azmoun as the ball could not reach the target. No goal for Iran.
- 16:16 (IST)Wales vs Iran: 4 mins stoppage timeThe stoppage time for the first half of the match between Wales and Iran will be four minutes.
- 16:13 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Brilliant save from HosseiniIran goalkeeper Hossein Hosseini perfectly saves a corner-kick attempt from Wales.
- 16:11 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Goal-kick for IranEhsan Hajsafi perfect crossfield pass was blocked before it reached the target. Iran get a goal-kick.
- 16:03 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Easy save from Hossein HosseiniGareth Bale's low effort was comfortably saved by Hossein Hosseini and Iran averts another danger.
- 15:58 (IST)Wales vs Iran: No goal for IranIran miss out on a golden opportunity as Sardar Azmoun hits a header to a coming free-kick, which goes above the left post.
- 15:54 (IST)Wales vs Iran: Free-kick for IranIran get a free-kick after Wales' Ethan Ampadu commits a foul during his tackle.
- 15:48 (IST)Wales vs Iran: No GoalIran's Ali Gholizadeh makes a perfect pass through the goalkeeper to place it into the nets. Unfortunately, Mario Escobar declares it an off-side.
- 15:37 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Iran looking to catch Wales on the breakBetter tempo, better passing from Wales, especially in the middle of the pitch. Last match's half-time talk seems to have had an impact on the players. Iran counter in numbers and put in a couple of juicy crosses but no Welsh defenders thwart both attempts.
- 15:30 (IST)Wales vs Iran: KickoffWe are ready for the kick-off! Today's action begins with Wales taking on Iran in Group B. Iran were hammered 6-2 by England in their opening game of the tournament. Today, they face another side from the United Kingdom.
- 15:20 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Wales hope for maiden win of campaignThe Dragons could only secure a draw in their opening group game against the USA, that too after a late Gareth Bale penalty. Wales players also had to face some harsh words from the manager at half-time. Expect them to give their all on the pitch today.
- 15:13 (IST)Wales vs Iran LIVE: Gareth Bale on brink of historyWales captain Gareth Bale is all set to become the most capped player of all time for his country, making his 110th appearance in their second Group B game against Iran today.
- 14:36 (IST)FIFA WC 2022 Live: Here are the starting lineupsWales: Wayne Hennessey (goalkeeper), Neco Williams, Ben Davies, Chris Mepham, Joe Rodon, Harry Wilson, Aaron Ramsey, Gareth Bale, Kieffer Moore, Connor Roberts, Ethan AmpaduIran: Hossein Hosseini (goalkeeper), Ehsan Haji Safi, Milad Mohammadi, Saeid Ezatolahi, Morteza Pouraliganji, Mehdi Taremi, Ali Gholizadeh, Majid Hosseini, Sardar Azmoun, Ahmad Noorrollahi, Ramin Rezaeian
- 14:32 (IST)FIFA WC 2022: Hello and welcome!Hello and welcome to our Live coverage of the FIFA World Cup match between Wales and Iran. Match to begin at 3:30 PM ISTStay tuned...
Topics mentioned in this article