IND vs ENG, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: India Dominate Rain-Curtailed Day, England Trail By 70
India vs England 1st Test Highlights: England, batting in their second innings, trail India by 70 runs after Day 3.
Play ended on Day 3 of the first Test at Nottingham with England at 25/0 and trailing India by 70 runs. Rain interrupted play shortly after the start of the third session and play could not resume. Half-centuries from KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja and a stubborn 33-run partnership for the last wicket between Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Siraj saw India post a score of 278 in response to England's 183, taking a 95-run first-innings lead. Earlier, Rahul moved on from 57 to 84 on Day 3, while Rishabh Pant added 25 quick runs. Jadeja scored his 16th Test half-century but even as England took some quick wickets, Bumrah, Siraj and Mohammed Shami did enough to put India in a commanding position. Ollie Robinson took his maiden Test five-wicket haul, while veteran seamer James Anderson took four -- becoming the third-highest wicket-taker in Test cricket in the process. Rory Burns was unbeaten on 11 and Dom Sibley on 9 when play was called off. (SCORECARD)
1st Test, Day 3, Highlights, India (IND) vs England (ENG) From Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 22:51 (IST)Play Abandoned!Play has been called-off for Day 3 of the first Test match between England and India due to rain. England are trailing by 70 runs after a confident start from the openers Rory Burns and Dominic Sibley. India were bundled out for 278 runs in the first innings, KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja scored half centuries and later a quick fire 28 runs from Jasprit Bumrah put India in the driver seat. Ollie Robinson took five wickets while James Anderson scalped four wickets.England 25/0, trail by 70 runs.Rory Burns- 9*Dominic Sibley- 11*
That's all from England vs India Day 3 blog. Do join us tomorrow on Day 4 that is the most crucial day of this match if the rain does not play a spoilsport.
- 21:44 (IST)Rain Stops Play!Again! Rain stopped the play.England 25/0, trail by 70 runs.Rory Burns- 9*Dominic Sibley- 11*Good start by England openers, they survived the strong Indian pace attack.
- 20:19 (IST)India All Out For 278 Runs!Robinson to Bumrah, OUT caught by Broad. First five-wicket haul for Ollie Robinson. India added 33 runs for the last wicket.Bumrah c Broad b Robinson 28(34)India 278/10, lead by 95 runsKL Rahul- 84Ravindra Jadeja- 56Ollie Robinson- 5/85James Anderson- 4/56
Innings Break!#TeamIndia all out for 278.— BCCI (@BCCI) August 6, 2021
A splendid batting effort from the tail ensures #TeamIndia take a healthy lead of 95 runs.
@klrahul11 top scores with 84, followed by @imjadeja's 56.
Scorecard - https://t.co/TrX6JMiei2 #ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/KMcWH0AseM
- 19:31 (IST)Jadeja OUT!Robinson to Jadeja, OUT caught by Broad. Poor shot by Jadeja and it's the third wicket for Robinson.Jadeja c Broad b Robinson 56(86)India 232/8, lead by 49 runs
- 19:27 (IST)Fifty Up For Jadeja!Robinson to Jadeja, FOUR to square of the backward point. Fifty up for Ravindra Jadeja and what a way to bring it. Came to bat when the team was in trouble and he has proven his worth the final XI.
- 19:17 (IST)All On Jadeja!Anderson to Jadeja, FOUR to deep backward pointAt what score Indian team will finish this inning, it's all on Ravindra Jadeja now. Jadeja is playing in the team as the sixth batsman and also as the only all-rounder in the side. He was chosen ahead of Ravichandran Ashwin in this match and till now he has impressed with the bat after going wicket-less with the ball.Jadeja is the last key for India.India 212/7, lead by 29 runs
- 19:06 (IST)Third Highest Wicket-Taker In Test Cricket- James AndersonWith the last wicket of KL Rahul, James Anderson has now became the third-highest wicket taker in Test cricket history. This was his 620th Test wicket.Most wickets in Test cricket-1. Muttiah Muralitharan- 800 wickets2. Shane Warne- 708 wickets3. James Anderson*- 620 wickets4. Anil Kumble- 619 wickets
- 18:50 (IST)50 Partnership!50 Partnership between KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja. Brilliant effort from both the batsmen, at a time team was stuck in a difficult situation and these two have played patiently. Jadeja making his place count in the final XI.
- 18:16 (IST)KL Rahul At His Best!
He said he wanted to go out there and do the job for his team and @klrahul11 has done exactly that.— BCCI (@BCCI) August 6, 2021
Here's a recap of the interview with the versatile batsman conducted before the first Test.
https://t.co/rh0ynzto71 #ENGvIND #TeamIndia pic.twitter.com/jgjVL1fMh5
- 18:05 (IST)Day 3: Lunch!India added 66 runs in the first session of Day 3. After losing the wicket of Rishabh Pant early, KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja are in the process of rebuilding.India- 191/5, lead by 8 runsKL Rahul- 77*Ravindra Jadeja- 27*Jadeja-Rahul Partnership- 46*James Anderson- 2/33Ollie Robinson- 2/55
- 17:53 (IST)India Lead By 3 Runs!India go past England's score of 183 runs and they are now three runs ahead. Good shot from KL Rahul, backfoot punch to the point but he can get only three runs.India 186/5, lead by 3 runs