England vs India 2nd Test, Day 5 Highlights: India Beat England By 151 Runs To Take 1-0 Series Lead
England vs India Highlights: India won a thriller at Lord's by 151 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match Test series.
Mohammed Siraj took the last two wickets to hand India a historic win at Lord's by 151 runs which helped the visitors take a 1-0 lead in the five-match Test series, with three Tests still to be played. While the day began with England feeling confident - especially after the early wicket of Rishabh Pant - India's pacers turned the game around, with both bat and ball. Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah's unbeaten 89-run stand saw India set a target of 272 runs, before they both struck in the first two overs of England's innings to remove openers Rory Burns and Dom Sibley. Haseeb Hameed was soon to follow and Jonny Bairstow also fell before Tea. Bumrah came back to send back the in-form Joe Root, but then Jos Buttler began the resistance with Moeen Ali. Mohammed Siraj then got Ali and Sam Curran in consecutive deliveries to tilt the match in India's favour, but Buttler and Ollie Robinson continued to deny India, and almost rescued the match for the hosts.
However, it was Bumrah again who got the breakthrough, as he outfoxed Robinson with a peach of a slower delivery. Siraj then got Buttler in the next over, and two deliveries later, wrapped up the win with James Anderson's wicket.
Highlights Of England vs India 2nd Test, Day 5 From Lord's Cricket Ground, London
- 23:27 (IST)India Win By 151 Runs !India Win - Take 1-0 LeadIndia have won the second Test at Lord's by 151 runs as Siraj took the last wicket of James AndersonIndia take a crucial 1-0 lead in the five-match Test series with three matches still to be playedThat's all from the Live Coverage of the blog, thank you for joining - Goodbye and take care !
- 20:38 (IST)Wicket - Bumrah Gets Root !Jasprit Bumrah gets the all-important wicket of Joe Root for 33 runs off 60 ballsKohli takes a good catch at first slipENG 67/5 after 22.3 overs - Need 205 more runs to win
Big Wicket! @Jaspritbumrah93 scalps his second wicket as captain @imVkohli takes the catch. #TeamIndia strike right after the Tea interval.— BCCI (@BCCI) August 16, 2021
England 67/5 as Joe Root gets out. #ENGvIND
Follow the match https://t.co/KGM2YELLde pic.twitter.com/m0EOOvRkB5
- 20:19 (IST)Wicket - Tea Taken !Tea Taken at Lord's on Day 5India remove Jonny Bairstow on the last ball before Tea as Ishant's DRS appeal is successfulBairstow is LBW for 2 runs off 24 ballsENG 67/4 after 22 overs - Need 205 more runs to win
Tea at Lord's— ICC (@ICC) August 16, 2021
India end the session on a high with the wicket of Jonny Bairstow.
An enthralling final session is in store for us.
What will be the result? #WTC23 | #ENGvIND | https://t.co/rhWT865o91 pic.twitter.com/KgbofpvQcB
- 19:47 (IST)Wicket - Ishant Gets Hameed !Ishant gets into the mix as he gets Haseeb Hameed LBW for 9 runs off 45 ballsENG 44/3 after 15.3 overs - Need 228 more runs to win
- 18:59 (IST)Sachin Is Backing India !Former player Sachin Tendulkar is totally excited seeing this inspiring Indian performance unfold on Day 5 at Lord's
- 18:52 (IST)Wicket - Shami Gets Sibley !Shami and Bumrah have returned to torment the English side, now with the ballShami gets rid of Sibley for a duck as both openers are back in the pavilionENG 1/2 after 1.4 overs - Need 269 more to win
- 18:49 (IST)Wicket - Bumrah Gets Burns !England lose Rory Burns for a duck in the first overWhat a start for Jasprit BumrahENG 1-1 after 0.3 overs - Need 271 more to win
- 18:23 (IST)Four & India Declare - England Need 272 To Win !Virat Kohli has declared at 298/8 after 109.3 overs, setting England 272 run to winShami remained unbeaten on 56 while Bumrah at 34England innings to start soon !
- 17:37 (IST)Lunch Taken !Lunch - Day 5What an incredible session for Team India, who have raced to a lead of 259 runs despite losing Pant early todayMohammed Shami scored a magnificent fifty and added more than 50 runs together with Jasprit BumrahIND 286/8 after 108 oversShami 52*Bumrah 30*O Robinson 2/41
- 17:28 (IST)
- 17:09 (IST)50 Run Stand - Shami & BumrahNever thought this would be put into words:Shami and Bumrah have added 50 runs now for the ninth wicketShane Warne thinks England have completely lost the plot here
Horrible tactics from Eng. Why don't the bowlers say no I don't want 5/6 fielders on the fence - as how am I getting the batsman out skip. Will Eng go for these runs ? Remember when NZ set 270 of 75 overs & Eng never considered the chase. India win or draw for me @SkyCricket— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) August 16, 2021