IND vs AUS, 1st Test Highlights: Virat Kohli Fifty Helps India To 233/6 At Stumps On Day 1 In Adelaide
India vs Australia Highlights: Team India finished the opening day of the day/night Test against Australia in Adelaide with 233 runs having lost six wickets.
Team India finished the opening day of the day-night Test match in Adelaide with a score of 233 runs for the loss of six wickets against Australia on Thursday. The game is being held at the Adelaide Oval. India captain Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bat. The visitors got off to a poor start, losing Prithvi Shaw on the second ball of the match. Mayank Agarwal and Cheteshwar Pujara then added 32 runs for the second wicket. Pat Cummins broke the partnership by cleaning up Agarwal. Kohli then joined Pujara in the middle and the duo steadied the innings. Pujara missed his half-century by just seven runs. Kohli was looking set for a hundred but a mix-up with Ajinkya Rahane in the middle ended his innings at 74. He hit eight boundaries during his 180-ball knock. Mitchell Starc was the most successful bowler for the hosts, accounting for two wickets. Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon picked a wicket apiece. (SCORECARD)
1st Test, Day 1 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Adelaide Oval
1st Test, Border-Gavaskar Trophy, 2020/21, Dec 17, 2020
- 17:07 (IST)End of play on Day 1Its the end of play on day 1 of the Adelaide Test, as Team India finish with a score of 233 runs for the loss of six wickets in 89 overs. India 233/6 (89 overs)
- 16:50 (IST)Ravichandran Ashwin getting some quick runsRavichandran Ashwin has looked to take on the Australian bowlers, rather than adopting an defensive approach, as evident from his drive off the front foot, which ran away past backward point. Ashwin has scored seven runs off his opening nine deliveries, which is a good sign. India 215/6 after 89 overs
- 16:40 (IST)WICKET! Hanuma Vihari lbw Josh Hazlewood 16 (25)Hanuma Vihari departs for 16 runs off 25 deliveries, after being deceived by a length delivery that moved back in. Vihari attempted to play for the outswing, leaving him in no position to negotiate the delivery. Ravichandran Ashwin is the new man in.
- 16:26 (IST)WICKET! Ajinkya Rahane lbw Mitchell Starc 42 (92)Ajinkya Rahane departs for 42 runs off 92 deliveries, after being adjudged lbw following a swinging delivery by Mitchell Starc. Rahane attempted to go for a DRS review following a discussion with Hanuma Vihari, but was left disappointed with the ball seen crashing into the middle of leg stump. Wriddhiman Saha is the new man in.
- 16:10 (IST)WICKET! Virat Kohli run out (Josh Hazlewood/Nathan Lyon) 74 (180)Virat Kohli departs for 74 runs off 180 deliveries, following a bad call by Ajinkya Rahane. Rahane pushed the delivery to the left of mid-off, without taking into account the presence of Josh Hazlewood who threw the ball back to Nathan Lyon quickly. Hanuma Vihari is the new man in.
- 16:05 (IST)SIX!Opening six of the innings by Ajinkya Rahane who gets a top-edge off a bouncer by Pat Cummins, with the ball sailing over fine leg.
- 15:32 (IST)50-run partnership between Virat Kohli and Ajinkya RahaneVirat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane have completed a 50-run partnership, with the stand helping Team India rebuild following the dismissal of Cheteshwar Pujara.
- 15:19 (IST)Ajinkya Rahane survives after attempting quick singleAjinkya Rahane has not been dismissed due to a run-out even once in his Test career. The record continues as Rahane manages to complete a quick single just in time, following a fine throw by Travis Head at mid-wicket.
- 14:54 (IST)Half-century for Virat KohliVirat Kohli has completed his 23rd Test half-century, off 123 deliveries. Kohli reached the milestone with a single off a length delivery. India 125/3 (60.1 overs)
- 13:57 (IST)
- 13:46 (IST)FOUR!Consecutive boundaries for Cheteshwar Pujara who flicks the ball past mid-wicket with some fine timing.