IND vs AUS, 1st Test Highlights: Australia Thrash India By 8 Wickets To Take 1-0 Series Lead
India vs Australia Test Highlights: Australia defeated India by 8 wickets in the opening Test at the Adelaide Oval, easily chasing down the 90-run target.
Australia defeated India by 8 wickets in the opening Test of the four-match series at the Adelaide Oval. The hosts were handed a paltry target of 90 runs, which openers Joe Burns and Matthew Wade made all the more comfortable with a 50-run partnership. India finished with a total of 36/9 in the second innings. Mohammed Shami was declared retired hurt, after being hit on the right arm by a short delivery from Pat Cummins. It was the visitors' lowest-ever Test total. Mayank Agarwal was the highest run-scorer for India, accumulating 9 runs off 40 deliveries. Josh Hazlewood and Cummins were the top performers with the ball, accounting for five and four wickets respectively. Day 2 witnessed Australia being bowled out for 191 in the first innings. Skipper Tim Paine was the highest run-scorer for the hosts, remaining unbeaten on 73 runs off 99 deliveries in an innings comprising of 10 boundaries. Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers for India, accounting for four wickets. India scored 244 runs in the first innings after winning the toss and opting to bat. (SCORECARD)
1st Test, Day 3 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Adelaide Oval
- 13:33 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for tuning in. Thats it from us for the first Test between Australia and India. Join us next for the second Test between the two nations in the four-match series.
- 13:26 (IST)Australia defeat India by 8 wickets as Joe Burns completes his half-centuryAustralia defeat India by eight wickets, as Joe Burns completes his half-century with a six off a short ball by Umesh Yadav. Australia have gone 1-0 up in the four-match series.
- 13:23 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his seventh boundary of the innings, cracking a square drive behind point.
- 13:21 (IST)WICKET! Marnus Labuschagne c Mayank Agarwal b Ravichandran Ashwin 6 (10)Marnus Labuschagne departs for six runs off 10 deliveries, after attempting to slog over midwicket but failing to connect effectively, resulting in an opportunity for Mayank Agarwal. Steve Smith is the new man in.
- 13:17 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his sixth boundary of the innings, playing a sweep shot down to fine leg. Australia now need only nine runs.
- 13:14 (IST)Couple of runs to Marnus LabuschagneMarnus Labuschagne pushed a thick edge off a full delivery, through backward point completing a couple of runs.
- 13:12 (IST)Marnus Labuschagne gets off the mark with a singleMarnus Labuschagne nudged a tossed up delivery from Ravichandran Ashwin wide of mid-wicket, getting off the mark with a single.
- 13:09 (IST)WICKET! Matthew Wade st Wriddhiman Saha b Ravichandran Ashwin 33 (53)Matthew Wade departs for 33 runs off 53 deliveries, after coming down the track and trying to get under the flight. However, he missed the ball with Saha taking advantage to pull off a stumping. Marnus Labuschagne is the new man in.
Bizarre dismissal alert!— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 19, 2020
What about that from Saha?! #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/OqMLnSNgCE
- 13:05 (IST)Australia need 20 runsAustralia are just 20 runs away from winning the opening Test against India in Adelaide.
- 13:04 (IST)Joe Burns completes a couple of runs down fine legJoe Burns clips a delivery bowled on the pads, to the left of fine leg completing a couple of runs.
- 13:01 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his fifth boundary of the innings, smashing the ball straight back over Ravichandran Ashwin's head towards long-off.
- 13:00 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his fourth boundary of the innings coming down the track and smashing the ball straight to the left of mid-on.
- 12:51 (IST)Hanuma Vihari in painMatthew Wade has slammed the ball into the right shoulder of Hanuma Vihari who is in great pain.
- 12:48 (IST)Burns pulls short ball to deep square for a singleJoe Burns pulls a short ball straight to deep square, completing a single.
- 12:44 (IST)50-run partnership between Matthew Wade and Joe BurnsAustralia have crossed the 50-run mark following a single by Matthew Wade, who gets a thick outside edge wide of slip. The openers have also completed a 50-run partnership.
- 12:42 (IST)India's review for lbw against Joe Burns turned downIndia's DRS review for lbw against Joe Burns has been turned down, after HotSpot picked up a tiny mark.
- 12:40 (IST)Burns completes an easy twoJoe Burns works a length delivery bowled at the pads, square on the leg-side with a flick of his wrists, completing an easy two.
- 12:39 (IST)Wade completes a single, directing the full delivery to mid-wicketMatthew Wade completes a quick single, directing a full delivery from Jasprit Bumrah to mid-wicket.
- 12:36 (IST)Ashwin starts off with a maidenThe Australian openers have opted not to take a risk against Ravichandran Ashwin, playing out a maiden. Australia 47/0 (10 overs)
- 12:35 (IST)Ravichandran Ashwin into the attackSpinner Ravichandran Ashwin has been introduced into the attack, with the visitors desperately in need of some wickets.
- 12:31 (IST)FOUR!Matthew Wade gets his fifth boundary of the innings, leaning across and slamming the drive square behind point.
- 12:30 (IST)FOUR!Matthew Wade gets his fourth boundary of the innings, following a delivery bowled on the pads, which was tickled fine past the wicketkeeper Tim Paine.
- 12:26 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his third boundary of the innings, following a short delivery from Jasprit Bumrah, hitting the ball to deep square leg.
- 12:25 (IST)Quick singleWade and Burns complete a quick single after the former hit the ball between backward point and cover.
- 12:23 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets his second boundary of the innings, pulling a short ball from Umesh Yadav through mid-wicket.
- 12:22 (IST)Runs continue to come for AustraliaAustralia continue to score at a consistent rate, as Matthew Wade directs a short ball from Umesh Yadav to third man, with the openers completing three runs.
- 12:20 (IST)FOUR!Joe Burns gets off the mark with a boundary, hitting the ball in the gap between slip cordon and gully.
- 12:16 (IST)SingleMatthew Wade gets a single from the first delivery following the Dinner break bowled by Jasprit Bumrah. Wade got an inside edge onto the pad, with the ball rolling onto the off-side.
- 11:36 (IST)Time for the Dinner break!Australia will go into the Dinner break with 15 runs scored without losing a single wicket, after being handed a target of 90 runs.
- 11:29 (IST)FOUR!Matthew Wade continues to get the runs at a steady pace, following his third boundary of the innings. Wade opened the face of the bat to guide the ball between the slip cordon and gully.
- 11:23 (IST)Shubman Gill has replaced Mohammed Shami on the fieldShubman Gill has replaced Mohammed Shami on the field, which is an indication of how serious the injury is.
- 11:21 (IST)FOUR!Second boundary of the innings for Matthew Wade, who hits the ball to sweeper cover with confidence.
- 11:14 (IST)Joe Burns, Matthew Wade ready to start the chase of 90Joe Burns and Matthew Wade are ready to begin the chase of 90 runs for Australia. Umesh Yadav willl bowl the first over.
- 11:05 (IST)Mohammed Shami is walking off, bringing an end to the Indian inningsMohammed Shami is walking off the field after opting to retire out. Shami was hit on the right arm, following a short ball from Pat Cummins, leaving him in a lot of pain. The Indian second innings ends at a score of 36/9, which is the lowest Test total registered by the visitors. Australia need 90 runs to win the opening Test.
- 10:54 (IST)FOUR!Umesh Yadav gets his first boundary of the innings, following a top-edge off a short delivery which runs away for a four.
- 10:51 (IST)WICKET! Hanuma Vihari c Tim Paine b Josh Hazlewood 8 (22)Josh Hazlewood has registered his eighth five-wicket haul in Test cricket, following the dismissal of Hanuma Vihari. Vihari failed to negotiate a beautiful delivery bowled outside off, edging the ball to Tim Paine. Mohammed Shami is the last batsman in.
- 10:48 (IST)Hanuma Vihari edges the ball into the on-side for a singleHanuma Vihari edged the ball into the on-side, completing a quick single with Umesh Yadav.
- 10:47 (IST)FOUR!Hanuma Vihari gets his first boundary of the innings, smashing the ball behind point.
- 10:46 (IST)WICKET! Ravichandran Ashwin c Tim Paine b Josh Hazlewood 0 (1)Josh Hazlewood gets his 200th wicket in Test cricket, registering his second dismissal in as many deliveries. Ashwin edged a fine delivery from Hazlewood to Tim Paine, going for a review after being ruled out by the umpire. The Snicko showed a spike, resulting in his dismissal with Umesh Yadav the new man in.
- 10:42 (IST)WICKET! Wriddhiman Saha c Marnus Labuschagne b Josh Hazlewood 4 (15)Wriddhiman Saha departs for 4 runs off 15 deliveries, following a fuller ball on the pads which was chipped to Marnus Labuschagne at short mid. Ravichandran Ashwin is the new man in.