Pakistan vs Bangladesh Highlights, World Cup 2019: Shaheen Afridi Helps Pakistan Sign Off With Win Over Bangladesh
Pakistan vs Bangladesh Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Shaheen Afridi took six wickets to help Pakistan end their World Cup 2019 campaign on a high.
Shaheen Afridi picked up six wickets to help Pakistan end their World Cup 2019 campaign on a high as they beat Bangladesh by 94 runs at Lord's in London on Friday. Chasing a target of 316, Bangladesh lost both their openers inside 11 overs. Shakib Al Hasan scored yet another half-century in World Cup 2019 and eclipsed Rohit Sharma to become the tournament's top-scorer. After Shaheen Afridi dismissed Shakib in the 33rd over, Bangladesh couldn't recover from that blow as they kept on losing wickets at regular intervals. Earlier, Pakistan finished at 315/9 in 50 overs. Bangladesh bowled brilliantly at the death to stop Pakistan posting a mammoth total. Mustafizur Rahman once again claimed a five-wicket haul. He had picked 5 wickets in Bangladesh's last match against India. Imam-ul-Haq smashed a fine century before getting out hit-wicket. Imam hit 7 fours in his 100-run knock. Babar Azam also played a fine 96-run knock. He, however, survived two times thanks to Bangladesh's dropped catches. Babar Azam's 98-ball knock was laced with 11 fours. Imad Wasim played a cameo in the end, scoring a quick-fire 43 off just 26 balls with the help of 6 fours and a six. For Bangladesh, Mustafizur Rahman was the leading wicket-taker, claiming five wickets. Mohammad Saifuddin claimed three wickets and Mehidy Hasan also picked one wicket. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between Pakistan vs Bangladesh, Straight from Lord's, London.
- 22:37 (IST)Another yorker...Another wicket!Shaheen Afridi wraps up Bangladesh innings with another perfect yorker. It was too hot for Mustafizur Rahman to handle. Pakistan win by 94 runs.
- 21:52 (IST)Pakistan on top!With two new batsmen in the middle, Bangladesh will look to rebulid their innings whereas Pakistan will look to tighten their grip on the match by picking up wickets at regular intervals.
- 21:38 (IST)Afridi strikes again!Shaheen Afridi brings Shakib Al Hasan's brilliant campaign to an end. Afridi for the first time in the day gets a the wicket off a cross-seam delivery. Shakib wanted to play it on the off side but edged it straight to the wicketkeeper.
- 20:52 (IST)
- 20:51 (IST)
- 20:38 (IST)Wahab Riaz rattles Rahim's stumpsThis ball from Wahab Riaz read 149 kmph on the speedometer. Mushfiqur Rahim wanted to guide it to the third man region for a single but gets beaten by the pace probably and the ball hits his stumps after taking an inside edge of his bat. He goes for 16.
- 20:07 (IST)Out! Tamim departsShaheen Afridi rolls his fingers over the ball which deceives Tamim Iqbal and rattles his stumps after taking his inside edge.
- 19:46 (IST)Out! Sarkar departsSoumya Sarkar tries to cut Mohammad Amir's ball over point but Fakhar Zaman takes a good catch to dismiss him for 22.