India vs Pakistan Highlights, World Cup 2019: India Crush Pakistan To Make It 7 In A Row
India vs Pakistan Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya picked up two wickets apiece in quick succession to derail Pakistan's run-chase.
Rohit Sharma's century and fifties from KL Rahul and Virat Kohli helped India beat Pakistan by 89 runs (DLS method) in Manchester on Sunday. Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav and Vijay Shankar picked up two wickets apiece to ensure India finish on the right side of the results. With this, India add one more win to their unbeaten track record against their arch-rivals in World Cup. Pakistan's chase got off to a sluggish start as they were reduced to 38 for one in 10 overs in reply to India's 336 for five -- a total that featured Rohit Sharma's 140 and captain Virat Kohli's 77. Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman added over 100 runs for the second wicket and kept Pakistan in the hunt. But they fell in quick succession and after that no Pakistani batsmen create impact in the game which resulted in their side losing the match by huge margin. Earlier, India paceman Bhuvneshwar Kumar limped off four balls into the fifth over with a hamstring injury that a team spokesman said had ruled him out of the rest of the match. But World Cup debutant Vijay Shankar, brought on to complete the over, struck first ball when he had Imam-ul-Haq lbw for seven to leave Pakistan 13 for one. In the first innings, Kohli became the quickest player to 11,000 one-day international runs, getting there in 222nd innings as compared to compatriot Sachin Tendulkar's previous record of 276 innings. Pakistan left-arm quick Mohammad Amir was his side's only threat with three for 47 despite two early warnings for running on the pitch. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between India vs Pakistan, Straight from Old Trafford, Manchester
- 22:46 (IST)IND vs PAK: Rain is back!Rain stops the play once again and groundsmen are rushing on the field to cover the pitch. India are well ahead in the game by quite a big margin. Pakistan are 86 runs behind as per DLS method.
- 22:42 (IST)Shankar strikes again!Vijay Shankar gets his second wicket of the day as he knocks Pakistan skipper's stumps. The ball took inside edge of Sarfaraz Ahmed's bat and clips his stumps and with that Pakistan are almost out of the game.
- 22:05 (IST)Shoaib Malik goes for golden duck!Hardik Pandya knocks Shoaib Malik's stumps on the very first ball and India are delighted with this wicket. Malik went for a defensive shot and the ball took inside edge and crashed straight into the stumps. Hardik would be on a hat-trick in his next over.
- 21:49 (IST)Clened up! Babar Azam goes for 48Kuldeep Yadav knocks Babar Azam's stump with his googly which turned in sharply after pitching and he wanted to defend it but his inside edge takes the ball to the stumps.
It took one of the balls of the tournament for Kuldeep to dismiss Babar!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 16, 2019
Make sure you watch that moment of brilliance on our #CWC19 app
ANDROID https://t.co/Lsp1fBwBKR pic.twitter.com/dbmE4D8xYJ
- 21:37 (IST)SIX! Fifty for Fakhar ZamanFakhar Zaman hits the tossed-up delivery over midwicket fence for a six and brings up his 11th ODI half-century in style. This is his first fifty in World Cup.
- 20:54 (IST)After 10 overs Pakistan 38/1Pakistan batsmen have started the chase cautiously and they finish the first powerplay at 38/1. Bhuvneshwar Kumar is back in pavillion after pulling his hamstring. Vijay Shankar on his World Cup debut picked up a wicket on his first ball. This is so far the lowest score in first powerplay by Pakistan in this World Cup.
- 20:45 (IST)Lovely shot!Hardik Pandya bowls a full ball outside of off-stump to Babar Azam who leans forward and drives it elegantly through extracover to collect his second four.