India vs New Zealand Semi-Final Highlights, World Cup 2019: India-New Zealand Semis Suspended, Match To Resume Tomorrow At 3 pm IST
India vs New Zealand Semi-final Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: New Zealand reached 211/5 off 46.1 overs before rain stopped play in Manchester.
New Zealand reached 211/5 off 46.1 overs before rain stopped play in their World Cup semi-final against India at Old Trafford on Tuesday. Rain continued to play hide and seek and kept fans and players waiting. After keeping everyone waiting for more than two hours, rain stopped just for a bit and just minutes before umpires were to come out for inspection it started to pour all over again. After the final inspection, umpires postponed the play for July 10, Wednesday. The match will resume at 3:00 PM IST. Earlier, New Zealand skipper Kane Wiliamson won the toss and chose to bat. Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah swung the ball both ways and bowled two maiden overs. New Zealand lost opener Martin Guptill cheaply in the 4th over with scoreboard reading 1. Henry Nicholls and Kane Williamson batted slowly but steadied the innings. They stitched a 68-run partnership for the second wicket before Nicholls got out for 28 runs. Williamson scored a gritty half-century and kept their innings going. He got out trying to accelerate the innings. From there on Ross Taylor changed gears and completed his half-century. The wickets kept falling from the other end and when rain arrived in the 47th over they had scored 211/5 in 46.1 overs. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between India vs New Zealand Semi-final, Straight from Old Trafford, Manchester
- 22:57 (IST)Play will resume tomorrow... Do join us then!So, that is all from us for today. Do join us tomorrow at 3:00 PM IST when the first semi-final of World Cup 2019 between India and New Zealand resumes. New Zealand who scored 211/5 in 46.1 overs today will resume their innings from this very stage tomorrow.
- 22:55 (IST)Play suspended for the day!Bad news for all the fans, rain is back once again and the play has been suspended for the day as the umpires see no possibility of getting a result today.
With the rain unrelenting, play has been called off for the day. New Zealand will resume their innings tomorrow at 10.30am on 211/5 with 3.5 overs to bat.— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 9, 2019
Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow #INDvNZ | #CWC19 pic.twitter.com/p9KdXPdd0g
- 22:18 (IST)Inspection at 10:40 PM ISTJust In: The umpires will come out for inspection at 10:40 PM IST.
- 22:17 (IST)DLS revised targetsIf New Zealand don't bat again, the revised target as per DLS method will be:
If New Zealand don't bat again. Target for India will be:— CricketNDTV (@CricketNDTV) July 9, 2019
46 overs - 237
40 overs - 223
35 overs - 209
30 overs - 192
25 overs - 172
20 overs - 148#INDvNZ #INDvsNZ #CWC19 #WorldCup2019
LIVE SCORECARD: https://t.co/NHmQyvL5uB
LIVE UPDATES: https://t.co/NUN0t1pwld
- 22:03 (IST)Update: Covers are coming off!After rain it's time for covers to go. All that remains now is the hover cover over the main pitch.
- 21:59 (IST)Good news! Rain has stoppedRain has stopped in Manchester and super soppers are working at full swing to make outfield better. The umpires are out in the middle for first inspection.
- 21:02 (IST)Frustration grows as rain continues to play spoilsportIndian skipper Virat Kohli's this expression sums up our frustration with the weather in Manchester which is hell bent on playing hide and seek, even when we are least interested.
- 20:24 (IST)All possible scenarios!
🇮🇳 need to bat at least 20 overs for a result— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 9, 2019
If possible, a result will be reached today
If not, the game will continue tomorrow
If still no result is possible, 🇮🇳 will progress to the #CWC19 final, as group winners#INDvNZhttps://t.co/Xim0zBSCug
- 20:22 (IST)8 minutes from now we will start losing overs!Clouds have cleared making the things much brighter. Super sopper operators along with the ground-staff are working tirelessly to dry the outfield.
- 19:06 (IST)Rain has picked up intensity!Rain has gotten heavy in Manchester, meaning we are up for a long delay. We will start losing overs post 8:30 PM IST.
- 19:01 (IST)What happens if the match moves to reserve day?If the match can't be completed today it will resume on the reserve day, which is tomorrow, from the very point where it ended on the scheduled day. If the play can't be completed on the reserve day as well, then the team up the ladder in the points table will advance to the final.To read in detail what happens if the semi-finals gets washed out even on the reserve day, click here.
- 18:35 (IST)Rain stops play! New Zealand are 211/5 in 46.1The umpires have called in the covers as they think the rain has gotten heavier for the play to continue. New Zealand are 211/5 in 46.1 overs.
- 18:14 (IST)First six of the match!Ross Taylor gets down on his knees and slog sweeps it over midwicket fence for first maximum of the match. With this he also completes half-century.
- 18:04 (IST)Hardik sends Neesham packing!Hardik Pandya bowls one on the pads, James Neesham goes for a flick, only manages a leading edge and Dinesh Karthik takes a good catch at wide long-on.
- 17:16 (IST)50 partnership for third wicket!Virat Kohli hands the ball to his strike bowler Jasprit Bumrah after Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor notch a 50-run partnership.