Australia vs Pakistan, Highlights, World Cup 2019: Australia Beat Pakistan By 41 Runs In A Thriller
2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, Aus vs Pak Highlights: Australia outclassed Pakistan by 41 runs
The top efforts of Wahab Riaz and captain Sarfaraz Ahmed went in vain as Australia bowled out Pakistan for 266 runs in 45.4 overs, registering an emphatic 41-run victory at County Ground in Taunton. Wahab Riaz was in stupendous touch with the bat today. He hit all around the ground and at one time it seemed that Pakistan are going to win the match on an easy note. But, then came Australia's top gun Starc and provided them the game-changing breakthrough. Riaz along with Sarfaraz shared a 64-run stand. Earlier, Mohammad Amir claimed his maiden five-wicket haul, stopping Australia to reach a mammoth total. Warner showed some great hands with the bat and scored his 15th ODI century.Skipper Aaron Finch also played a splendid 84-ball 82-run knock, laced with six fours and four sixes. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between Australia vs Pakistan Straight from Taunton, London.
Match 17, ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019, Jun 12, 2019
Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- 22:25 (IST)OUT!BOWLED! Another one goes for Pakistan and its Mohammad Amir. He departs for a duck leaving Pakistan struggling at 265/9.
- 22:22 (IST)BIG WICKET! WAHAB RIAZ IS GONE...And a massive blow for Pakistan as Wahab Riaz departs at 45 (39). Review goes in Australia's favour.
HUGE WICKET.— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 12, 2019
Wahab played brilliantly for his 45 but it's over now, a faint edge carrying to Carey from Starc's delivery.
Finch's review does the trick. #AUSvPAK LIVE https://t.co/eEmVwQQPYP pic.twitter.com/EnNRSNSPrD
- 22:16 (IST)
- 22:10 (IST)94 runs in last 12 overs!Pakistan is fighting back strongly and have scored 94 runs in the last 12 overs. Amazing stuff from men in green!
- 22:06 (IST)Skipper playing a sensible knock!While, Riaz is hitting all across the park. Sarfaraz is playing a sensible knock from other end.
#SarfarazAhmed is still battling hard for his side - he has 32 with his team requiring 78 from 10 overs.— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 12, 2019
Follow the rest of the match on the official #CWC19 app
- 22:05 (IST)SIX!Riaz, you beauty! he is unstoppable today, not with the ball but yes with the bat. This one goes to the cow corner. Crowd is enjoying.
- 21:38 (IST)OUT!After playing a quick fire 15-ball 32-run knock, Hasan Ali falls prey to K Richardson.
- 21:16 (IST)OUT!Pakistan in serious trouble, batsmen continue to depart. Edged and taken, Asil Ali (5) is back into the dressing room.
- 21:07 (IST)OUT!Now, Pakistan in trouble. Shoaib Malik goes for a duck. Inside edge and terrific catch from Carey!
- 21:03 (IST)OUT, Hafeez departs!Another one goes for Pakistan, this time its Hafeez. And guess, who claimed the big wicket? None other than, skipper Finch. He himself came to bowl and the change in bowling worked in favour of Australia. It was a full toss and should have gone outside the park. Shocking stuff it is! Hafeez back to the pavilion at 46.
- 20:53 (IST)OUT!Just after hitting a half-century, the well-set Imam departs. Its a major loss for Pakistan. Soft dismissal. It was a wide one, on the leg side and he ended up gloving it to the keeper.
- 19:55 (IST)OUT!Another one departs Pakistan, this time its Babar Azam. It was a head-high delivery by Coulter-Nile and Azam pulls this, gets a top-edge and Richardson makes no mistake at fine leg. Babar goes for 30, big blow for Pakistan.