India vs South Africa 1st ODI Highlights: South Africa Beat India By 31 Runs, Take 1-0 Lead
SA vs IND 1st ODI Highlights: South Africa beat India by 31runs to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. The home team restricted the visitors for 265/8 in 50 overs while defending 297 at the Boland Park in Paarl.
India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022 Highlights:South Africa beat India by 31 runs to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. The home team restricted the visitors for 265/8 in 50 overs while defending 297 at the Boland Park in Paarl. Shikhar Dhawan, Shardul Thakur and Virat Kohli scored half-century for India in the chase but there was no support from the other batters. It was a clinical bowling performance for South Africa in the first ODI. Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi and Andile Phehlukwayo picked two wickets each while Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj got one each for the home team. Earlier, Temba Bavuma and Rassie van der Dussen scored hundreds for South Africa as the home team posted 296/4 in 50 overs. The duo added 204 runs for the fourth wicket which is the second-highest partnership for Proteas for any wicket against India in ODIs. Jasprit Bumrah picked two wickets for India while Ravichandran Ashwin got one. (SCORECARD)
India Playing XI:KL Rahul (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Venkatesh Iyer, Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal
South Africa Playing XI: Quinton de Kock (wk), Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma (c), David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi
India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022 Highlights From Boland Park In Paarl
- 14:07 (IST)Lot Of Questions To Be AnsweredDespite all the build up around Venkatesh Iyer's bowling, the youngster did not bowl a single over in the first ODI. If he had to play as batter then wasn't Suryakumar Yadav a better option? What is India going to do with their under-performing middle-order? Will it be a good option to try someone like a Ruturaj Gaikwad or Pant at the top with Shikhar Dhawan and bat KL Rahul at No.4 to provide more depth in the batting unit? The bowling attack too does not seem settled. Yuzvendra Chahal badly needs to strike in the middle overs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar has reached the twilight of his career and is not the same force with the new ball he once used to be.
- 13:59 (IST)Indian Batters DisappointIndia's middle-order once again failed to provide the goods as the visitors lost the first ODI despite a big partnership for the second-wicket between Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan. Once Dhawan and Kohli were dismissed in quick succession, wickets fell in a heap as the likes of Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer disappointed with the bat.
- 20:50 (IST)Excellent Keeping From de Kock, Pant Departs!Phehlukwayo to Pant, wide but he's out Stumped!! Excellent work by Quinton de Kock with the gloves and the third umpire has also confirmed that Pant has to depart. Another batting collapse for the Indian team in the series.Pant st de Kock b Phehlukwayo 16(22) (4s-1)IND vs SA Live Score: India 184/5, need 113 runs to win
- 20:37 (IST)Iyer Hits FOUR!Phehlukwayo to Shreyas Iyer, FOUR, to backward square leg. Iyer is one of the key member in the Indian ODI side for past few years and he's making his comeback in the format after injury. Today Iyer has got the best opportunity to score runs and prove why he's one of the best middle-order batter for India in limited-overs.IND vs SA Live Score: India 174/3, need 123 runs to win
- 18:59 (IST)Markram Removes Rahul!Markram to Rahul, OUT!! caught behind!! Excellent delivery from Markram and who would have imagined that he's gonna take the first wicket while defending 297 against a top-quality Indian batting order.Rahul c de Kock b Markram 12(17)IND vs SA Live Score: India 46/1, need 243 runs to win