South Africa vs India 1st Test Day 2 Highlights: Play Called Off After Persistent Rain
India vs South Africa 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Play has been called off due to continuous rain and the visitors will resume batting on Day 3.
India vs South Africa 1st Test Highlights: Play has been called off due to persistent rain on Day 2 of the ongoing first Test match between India and South Africa in Centurion, on Monday. Without a single ball being bowled, KL Rahul (122*) and Ajinkya Rahane (40*) will resume batting for the visitors on Tuesday. India had reached 272 for three at Stumps on Day 1 after a solid opening start by Rahul and Mayank Agarwal (60). Despite the early departures of Cheteshwar Pujara (0) and Virat Kohli (35), Rahul and Rahane built an unbeaten partnership to build stability for India. Rahul also became the first Indian opener after Wasim Jaffer to bag a Test ton on South African soil. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of India vs South Africa 1st Test Match Day 2 Straight From SuperSport Park in Centurion
- 17:38 (IST)Play On Day 2 Called Off Due To Rain!Play has been called off for the day after persistent rain on Day 2. India score read 272/3-- the same at stumps on Day 1.So, the action will now resume on Day 3 if the rain gods don't interrupt the play.
- 16:56 (IST)Playing Conditions Still Not Good On Day 2!Having lost three-and-a-half hour of play on Day 2 things are still not good for rest of the day.
- 16:05 (IST)Raining AgainIt has started to rain again. That kind of a day! The covers are back again and the chances of having an inspection at 4:15 IST are gone now. In fact, we hate to say this but chances of play also look slim now. One positive thing though (That is if we are allowed to count it as one) is that the rain has not been heavy. It shouldn't take the groundsmen long if it stops raining. IF... that is the keyword here.
- 15:51 (IST)Alright! The rain has stopped and the big covers are slowly coming off. The next inspection will take place at 12:45 PM SAST (4:15 PM IST) that is if the rain stays away. Fingers crossed!
- 15:14 (IST)
- 15:00 (IST)Raining Again In Centurion!Some more bad news coming in from Centurion and the covers are back on again.
UPDATE: Just when it was getting brighter here in Centurion, it has started to rain once again— BCCI (@BCCI) December 27, 2021
The covers are back on the field
Early Lunch has been taken
Lunch timing: 11:30 AM SAST to 12:10PM SAST #SAvIND pic.twitter.com/1Xd4V7sPmG
- 14:42 (IST)Solid Day 1 For India!Day 1 of the Boxing Day Test was the perfect start for Team India after an impressive knock from opener KL Rahul. India finished Day 1 at 272/3 and this is their third highest score on first day of a tour outside Asia372/7 v South Africa Bloemfontein 2001/02302/4 v West Indies North Sound 2016272/3* v South Africa Centurion 2021/22272/6 v England Leeds 1952
- 14:20 (IST)Rain Stopped, Inspection Of Condition At 3 PM IST!Rain has stopped in Centurion but still the covers are on and there will be an inspection of the conditions at 3 PM IST.
RAIN DELAY UPDATE— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) December 27, 2021
The umpires will inspect the grounds at 11:30 and lunch break will also be moved forward to 11:30 to account for the delayed start of play.#SAvIND #FreedomTestSeries #BetwayTestSeries #BePartOfIt pic.twitter.com/K5kF12uPaD
- 13:50 (IST)KL Rahul Speaks About His "Truly Special Hundred"!After scoring his first Test in South Africa India opener KL Rahul has said that he was surpised by himself how calm he was on Day 1 of the ongoing Test.
- 13:45 (IST)Ex-India Batting Coach Deciphers Virat Kohli's Dismissal!Until it's raining in Centurion you can read about what former India batting coach Sanjay Bangar said on Indian Captain Virat Kohli's dismissal yesterday.
- 13:31 (IST)Start Of Play Delayed Due To Rain!The start of play on Day 2 has been delayed due to rain.
RAIN DELAY— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) December 27, 2021
Persistent rain has put a halt to the start of play on Day 2 of the 1st Test of the #FreedomTestSeries at SuperSport Park.
@BCCI are 272/3 #SAvIND #BetwayTestSeries #BePartOfIt pic.twitter.com/FLxNXKXkM5
- 12:54 (IST)Centurion weather updateUh oh! It doesn't look the best of mornings for Test cricket. It is raining in Centurion and the centre of the playing area is wrapped under covers. An on-time start looks unlikely at the moment but we will keep our fingers crossed.