RCB vs KXIP IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Kings XI Punjab Navigate Final Over Drama To Beat Royal Challengers Bangalore By 8 Wickets
RCB vs KXIP IPL Highlights: KL Rahul and Chris Gayle scored half-centuries, to help KXIP record a comprehensive victory by a margin of eight wickets against RCB.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) skipper KL Rahul and veteran Chris Gayle scored excellent half-centuries, as KXIP defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by eight wickets, after being handed a target of 172. It was not a comfortable win by any means for KXIP, who almost messed up the chase despite the half-centuries, with the clash going down to the last ball. RCB posted a total of 171/6 in 20 overs, after skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and opted to bat. Kohli who was playing his 200th match for RCB, finished as the highest run-scorer hitting 48 runs off 39 deliveries. A late cameo from Chris Morris who smashed 25 runs off 8 deliveries, helped the side finish with a strong total. Mohammed Shami and Murugan Ashwin accounted for two dismissals apiece. The Punjab-based franchise has now recorded its second win in IPL 2020, following the triumph in match 31 of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 31 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore And Kings XI Punjab, Straight From The Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- 23:02 (IST)Kings XI Punjab are back to winning waysKings XI Punjab record their second win in the ongoing edition, with a triumph over Royal Challengers Bangalore by a margin of eight wickets. This makes it two wins in as many matches for KXIP against RCB in IPL 2020. Nicholas Pooran smashed a six off the final delivery of the innings, to help ensure a tense win.
- 23:01 (IST)
- 22:46 (IST)Chris Gayle hits his 29th IPL half-centuryChris Gayle completes his half-century off 36 deliveries, having played a crucial role in helping KXIP dominate the chase against RCB.
- 22:30 (IST)Half-century for KL RahulKL Rahul completes his 20th half-century in the IPL, off 37 deliveries.
- 22:10 (IST)KXIP reach 84/1 at the end of 10 oversKXIP 84/1 after 10 overs. Need another 88 runs in 60 balls. Can Chris Gayle make his presence felt with an excellent knock?
- 22:01 (IST)WICKET! Mayank Agarwal b Yuzvendra Chahal 45 (25)Mayank Agarwal departs for 45 runs off 25 deliveries, after missing a tossed up leg break from Yuzvendra Chahal which goes on to hit the stumps. Chris Gayle walks in.
- 21:52 (IST)KXIP in driver's seat at the end of powerplayKXIP 56/0 after 6 overs, with Mayank Agarwal smashing the ball astutely. KXIP need another 116 runs in 84 deliveries.
- 21:50 (IST)50-run partnership between KL Rahul and Mayank AgarwalKL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal complete a 50-run partnership, following an excellent six by Agarwal. The opener picked the slower delivery by Isuru Udana early, smashing the ball over long-on.
- 21:08 (IST)Kings XI Punjab need 172 runs to winKings XI Punjab need 172 runs to win, as Chris Morris gets a six off the final delivery of the innings, smashing the ball over deep square leg. RCB finish on 171/6 after 20 overs