The rain washed out the game between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. RR skipper won the toss and decided to bowl but the rain delayed the start of the match. Finally, after final inspection at 11:05 pm umpires deiced for a five overs a side game. For RCB, skipper Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers came to open the innings. Both the batsmen started positively and fetched 23 runs in the first over by Varun Aaron. The game changed in innings' second over bowled by Shreyas Gopal, who took a hat-trick and helped RR restrict RCB to 62/7. Chasing a target of 63, RR batsmen started cautiously scoring 22 of first two overs. In third over of the innings Sanju Samson changed gears and hit 17 runs. Kohli brought Yuzvendra Chahal in to attack who dismissed Samson on his second delivery. After the rain started pouring once again, umpires were left with no choice but to call off the game. Both teams shared one points each and RCB were knocked out while RR live to another day. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2019 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Rajasthan Royals, straight from M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- 00:29 (IST)May 01, 2019What a sad end to the game! Both teams share a point each. RCB are out of the tournament and RR live to fight another day.
- 23:00 (IST)Apr 30, 2019
- 22:39 (IST)Apr 30, 2019Rahul Dravid is cheering for his former team, but which one? Looks like he is sitting among both RR and RCB fans. The former India batsman has represented both Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore so it will be interesting to see who is he supporting tonight.
Someone to cheer you up, as we wait for the next inspection pic.twitter.com/W0ypFJBAn9— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 30, 2019
- 22:24 (IST)Apr 30, 2019Another update coming in from the centre. The match officials will assess the conditions at 10:40 pm.
UPDATE : The next inspection will be at 10.40 PM IST— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 30, 2019
- 22:06 (IST)Apr 30, 2019Good news! The covers are coming off. Keep your fingers crossed!
Alright then, the covers are coming off now. Fingers crossed— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 30, 2019
- 21:03 (IST)Apr 30, 2019Umpires and the RCB coaching staff are out in the middle for an inspection. Looks like we will have a start soon. Fingers crossed especially if you are a Rajasthan fan.
The Umpires are out their in the middle and we're hoping to hear for an official word soon.#RCBvRR— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 30, 2019