India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI Highlights: India Become World No.1 In One-Day Format After Series Sweep Against New Zealand
India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI Highlights: With the victory over New Zealand on Tuesday, India clean swept the guests in the three-match series and also took the number one spot in ODI rankings, replacing England.
IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI Highlights: India defeated New Zealand by 90 runs in the third and final ODI match at Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore on Tuesday. With the victory, India clean swept the guests in the three-match series and also took the number one spot in ODI rankings, replacing England. Talking about the match, Rohit Sharma (101 off 85 balls) and Shubman Gill (112 off 78 balls) starred with their respective centuries as India posted 385 for 9 after New Zealand skipper Tom Latham had won the toss and opted to field. The duo of Shubman Gill and Rohit Sharma stitched 212 runs for the opening wicket and it was all India's game from there. Despite wickets falling at regular intervals from thereon, India posted a mammoth total on the board. In reply. Devon Conway (138 off 100 balls) was the lone fighter as the guests were bundled out for 295 runs. Kuldeep Yadav and Shardul Thakur took three wickets apiece. (SCORECARD)
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umran Malik
New Zealand (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson, Jacob Duffy, Blair Tickner
Here are the Highlights of the 3rd ODI Match between India and New Zealand straight from Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore
- 21:08 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET! India win!India have won the game by 90 runs. With the win, they clean sweep the series 3-0. The victory also helps India replace England at the number 1 spot in ICC ODI Rankings.
- 20:51 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET!Yuzvendra Chahal has got the wicket of Jacob Duffy and India are only one wicket away from a series sweep. It was a googly from Chahal that trapped Duffy in front of the stumps. The batter went for a review but it was of no use.NZ 280/9 (39.5)
- 20:34 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET!Kuldeep Yadav gets Michael Bracewell stumped out. New Zealand are 269/7 after 36.1 overs. The game is slipping out of their hands or has it slipped already?NZ 269/7 (36.1)
- 20:29 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIX!Michael Bracewell comes down the track and hits it for a six over long-on on the bowling of Washington Sundar. It was not a ball to be hit to be honest but Bracewell's adjustment made it look like an effortless shot.NZ 261/6 (35.1)
- 20:23 (IST)IND vs NZ: New Zealand continue to fight!The duo of Mitchell Santner and Michael Bracewell have added 16 runs off 14 balls so far. New Zealand need 140 more to win off the remaining 96 balls. Some good over and they will well be back in the game.NZ 246/6 (34)
- 20:17 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIX!Wow! That's an effortless six from Mitchell Santner. Hardik Pandya bowled a short ball of around 131 kmph speed and Santner comfortably pulled it for a six over the deep mid-wicket. The batter didn't even swing his arm entirely there, yet the ball travelled over the boundary ropes.
- 20:13 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET!That is the big fish for Umran Malik! He has trapped Devon Conway on the latter's individual score of 138 off 100 balls. This might be the game for India. It was a good length ball and Conway failed to clear the mid-wicket fielder Rohit Sharma.NZ 230/6 (31.4)
- 20:07 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOUR!A short ball from Hardik Pandya and Michael Bracewell hits it for a four to the wide of long-on fielder. New Zealand need 158 more to win off the remaining 114 balls. The required run rate is 8.32 but New Zealand are still in the game.NZ 228/5 (31)
- 19:54 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIX! FOUR!A fuller ball from Washington Sundar and Devon Vonway sends it deep into the stands over deep mid-wicket. What follows is a brilliant inside out shot from Conway over the extra cover region for a four.
- 19:51 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET!What a match this is turning out to be for Shardul Thakur! He has got his third wicket of the game. Glenn Phillips is gone and New Zealand are in some real trouble now. Half of the team is in the dugout with the required run rate going over 8.3.NZ 200/5 (27.4)
- 19:42 (IST)IND vs NZ: Dot ball! Shardul misses hat-trick!It was a fuller ball that was defended well by Glenn Phillips. The defence denies Shardul Thakur a hat-trick. He had got the better of set batter Daryl Mitchell and newcomer Tom Latham in consecutive balls.
- 19:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: Another WICKET!Shardul Thakur is on a hat-trick.
- 19:38 (IST)IND vs NZ: WICKET!The 78-run partnership is broken.
- 19:32 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOUR!A fuller bal outside off stump from Umran Malik and Devon Conway drives it in the gap between cover and mid-off fielders. There was no one at deep so it was a clear boundary since the time it left the 30-yard circle.NZ 183/2 (24.5)
- 19:27 (IST)IND vs NZ: Century for Devon Conway!Full and into the slot from Yuzvendra Chahal and Devon Conway slams it for a six. Chahal bowls a similar delivery in the follow up and the result is no different. Another six and that's the century for Devon Conway. He gets there in only 71 balls, exactly what New Zealand needed from him.
- 19:17 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOUR!A short ball from Yuzvendra Chahal and Daryl Mitchell hits it from the back foot for a four. The ball goes over deep mid-wicket for a four.NZ 149/2 (21.1)
- 19:15 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIX!A flighted delivery from Kuldeep Yadav and Devon Conway has hit it for a six over deep mid-wicket. There was flight on offer from Kuldeep and Conway danced down the track to hit the ball for half a dozen.NZ 143/2 (20.2)
- 18:57 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!! Daryl Mitchell gets off the mark in style and hits a boundary on Yuzvendra Chahal's delivery. Mitchell plays a reverse sweep and places the ball across the third man and steals four runs.NZ 111/2 (15.2 overs)
- 18:55 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! India finally take a sigh of relief after Kuldeep Yadav breaks the 100-run partnership between Devon Conway and Henry Nicholls and dismissed the latter. Kuldeep Strikes Nicholls on his pads as the umpire signals LBW. The visitors opt for a DRS but unfortunately Nicholls departs for 42.NZ 106/2 (14.5 overs)
- 18:48 (IST)IND vs NZ: Fifty for ConwaySIX!!! Devon Conway brings up his half-century in style as he hits a huge maximum on Washington Sundar's delivery. Conway bends down on one knee and slogs it over the deep mid-wicket. He completes his 50 off 41 balls.NZ 98/1 (13.4 overs)
- 18:34 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!!! Henry Nicholls takes the full advantage of Umran Malik's pace and smashes a brilliant boundary on his delivery. Umran misses the line and Nicholls perfectly places it past backward point and sends it across the boundary for a four.NZ 77/1 (10.2 overs)
- 18:28 (IST)IND vs NZ: Back-to-back boundariesWhat a batting from Conway. The Kiwi batter smashes a four and a six on Umran Malik's deliveries. The first one comes after he hammers a terrific shot towards the long-off. The other one comes after he punches it towards the deep backward point as the ball goes straight into crowd. 12 runs off this over.NZ 68/1 (9 overs)
- 18:21 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Henry Nicholls takes full advantage of the full-toss delivery from Shardul Thakur and unleashes a scoop shot over fine leg for a maximum. With this six, New Zealand cross the 50-run mark and strongly moving towards the target.NZ 50/1 (7.1 overs)
- 18:19 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Devon Conway hits another maximum on Hardik Pandya's delivery. Conway perfectly times the shot and smashes it over the mid-wicket as the ball goes for a huge six.NZ 44/1 (6.5 overs)
- 18:13 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!!! Brilliant batting from Nicholls as he thrashes Shardul Thakur on two consecutive deliveries. He pulls it over the backward square leg as the ball simply crosses the boundary rope.NZ 36/1 (6 overs)
- 18:11 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!!! Henry Nicholls continues to bring New Zealand back into the game as he smashes huge maximum on Shardul Thakur's delivery. He perfectly hammers a scoop shot over Ishan Kishan's head as the ball lands into the crowd. Brilliant shot from Nicholls.NZ 31/1 (5.4 overs)
- 18:03 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!!! Devon Conway brings some momentum towards New Zealand as he smashes two boundaries on Washington Sundar's deliveries. The first one comes after he lifts it over the mid-on for a boundary. The second one comes after he hammers it and passes it through the fielder at the mid-wicket.NZ 20/1 (3.4 overs)
- 18:00 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURLucky Nicholls!!! The Kiwi batter swings it backwards as Ishan Kishan falls short and fails to get hold of the ball and it goes for the boundary. That was a risky shot from Nicholls.NZ 12/1 (2.3 overs)
- 17:53 (IST)IND vs NZ: New Zealand off to a bad startNew Zealand lose an early wicket after Finn Allen falls prey to Hardik Pandya's fiery delivery. At the end of the first over, New Zealand have scored 5 runs with Devon Conway and Henry Nicholls standing unbeaten at the crease.NZ 5/1 (1 over)
- 17:49 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! What a breakthrough for India. Hardik Pandya bowls out Finn Allen on the second delivery of the innings. Allen gets completely bamboozled as the ball touches the edge and then rattles out the middle and the leg stumps. New Zealand lose an early wicket in the chase.NZ 0/1 (0.1 overs)
- 17:45 (IST)IND vs NZ: Hardik Pandya on the attackHardik Pandya comes to bowl the first over for India while Devon Conway and Finn Allen open the batting attack for New Zealand. The visitors are chasing a whopping total of 386 in 50 overs and dew might play a game changing factor over here.
- 17:40 (IST)IND vs NZ: We are backHello and welcome back to our live coverage of the second innings of the third ODI match between India and New Zealand at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore. New Zealand need 386 runs in 300 balls after Rohit Sharma (101) and Shubman Gill (112) guide Team India to a massive total of 385/9.
- 17:09 (IST)IND vs NZ: India 385/9 in 50 oversKuldeep Yadav gets dismissed on the last delivery of the innings as India finish at 385/9 in 50 overs. Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill are the pick among the batters as they smash 101 and 112 runs respectively. For New Zealand, Blair Tickner and Jacob Duffy scalped three wickets each. Michael Bracewell also scalped one wicket.
- 17:06 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! Jacob Duffy takes his third wicket of the day and dismisses Hardik Pandya for 54. Hardik, who brought up his half-century just balls ago, goes for another big hit but Devon Conway takes a brilliant catch. India lose their eighth wicket.IND 380/8 (48.4 overs)
- 17:03 (IST)IND vs NZ: Fifty for HardikAfter hitting a massive six on Jacob Duff's delivery, Hardik Pandya take a brilliant double and brings up his half-century. Hardik takes 36 deliveries to cross the 50-run mark and also brings momentum towards the Indian side. Brilliant batting from Hardik.IND 375/6 (48.2 overs)
- 17:00 (IST)IND vs NZ: OUTOUT!!! After getting hit for two sixes in the over, Blair Tickner redeems himself with a wicket of Shardul Thakur for 25. Shardul, who had smashed a six on the previous ball, was caught by Tom Latham. India lose their seventh wicket.IND 367/7 (48 overs)
- 16:57 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXSIX!!! Hardik Pandya inches closer towards his half-century with a massive six. Hardik picks up the slower short delivery from Blair Tickner and hammers it over the deep mid-wicket for a six. Hardik unbeaten at 40*.IND 358/6 (47.1 overs)
- 16:52 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!!! Shardul Thakur provides Hardik Pandya with a strong support as he smashes another boundary on Lockie Ferguson's delivery. An alert Shardul uses his presence of mind and perfectly plays the shot towards the man at 45 and gets a four.IND 347/6 (46.2 overs)
- 16:49 (IST)IND vs NZ: FOURFOUR!! Hardik Pandya hits another boundary on Jacob Duffy's delivery. He perfectly times the shot and places it towards the deep mid-wicket as the ball goes for a four.IND 337/6 (45.4 overs)
- 16:47 (IST)IND vs NZ: SIXHardik Pandya continues to keep the momentum towards the Indian side after he smashes a huge maximum on Jacob Duffy's delivery. Hardik hammers it hard over the long-off and sends the ball into crowd. Brilliant batting from the all-rounder.IND 331/6 (45.1 overs)