New Zealand vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup 2021 Highlights: New Zealand Beat Afghanistan To Reach Semifinals; India Out Of Last Four Race
T20 World Cup 2021 Highlights, NZ vs AFG: New Zealand booked their spot in the semifinals after registering an 8-wicket win over Afghanistan in their last group match of the tournament.
New Zealand beat Afghanistan by eight wickets in their last Super 12 stage match of the ongoing T20 World Cup at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. Chasing a total of 125 runs, New Zealand lost both the openers in the first 10 overs but an unbeaten 68-run partnership between skipper Kane Williamson (40*) and Devon Conway (36*) guided New Zealand to victory and semi-final qualification. With this result, India and Afghanistan are both out of the race for the final four. However, the Virat Kohli-led side has one more game left in the tournament against Namibia on Monday. The result of the India-Namibia game will make no change in India's fate in the ongoing tournament. This is also the first time since 2012 that India failed to make it to the semi-finals of any ICC event-- 2013 (Champions Trophy- winners), 2014 (T20 World Cup- runners-up), 2015 (ODI World Cup- semi-finalists), 2016 (T20 World Cup- semi-finalists), 2017 (Champions Trophy- runners-up), 2019 (ODI World Cup- semifinalists), 2021 (World Test Championship- runners-up). (SCORECARD)
T20 World Cup 2021 New Zealand vs Afghanistan Highlights Straight From Sheikh Zayed Stadium In Abu Dhabi
- 15:42 (IST)OUT!OUT!! Brilliant catch by Devon Conway with the gloves. First wicket falls for Afghanistan as Mohammad Shahzad is caught behind in the third over of the match. Adam Milne gives New Zealand the first breakthrough.Mohammad Shahzad c Conway b Milne 4(11) (4s-1)Live Score: Afghanistan 8/1 in 2.2 overs
- 15:11 (IST)No Changes In New Zealand Playing XI!New Zealand Playing XI: Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Kane Williamson(c), Devon Conway(w), Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
A toss win for @ACBofficials and @MohammadNabi007 and he opts to bat first in Abu Dhabi. Kane Williamson confirms an unchanged XI for the final Group Game. Follow play LIVE in NZ on @skysportnz and @SENZ_Radio with highlights on @sparknzsport. #T20WorldCup pic.twitter.com/hfKdp0gmnk— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) November 7, 2021
- 15:10 (IST)Mujeeb Comes Back In Afghanistan Playing XI!Afghanistan Playing XI: Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad(w), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Najibullah Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Mohammad Nabi(c), Karim Janat, Rashid Khan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Hamid Hassan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- 14:49 (IST)How India Can Qualify For Semis?Here's how semifinals equation stands for India ahead of New Zealand and Afghanistan tie:1. Afghanistan need to beat New Zealand today2. India need to defeat Namibia in their last match of the tournament and go past Afghanistan's net run rate
- 14:01 (IST)Hello And Welcome!Hello and Welcome to the live blog of Afghanistan vs New Zealand T20 World Cup 2021 match. This is one of the most crucial game of the ongoing tournament as three teams - New Zealand, Afghanistan and India -- are on the boat to reach the semifinals. If Afghanistan win this game then India will have a chance of making it to the final four when they take the field against Namibia on Monday. However, India need to go past Afghanistan's net run-rate to finish second in Group 2. For New Zealand the equation is simple if they win this game then they will seal their place in the final four and both Afghanistan and India will be eliminated.The match will start at 3:30 PM IST while the toss will be at 3:00 PM.