India vs Lebanon Live Updates, SAFF Championship Semi-final 2023: India Beat Lebanon 4-2 In Penalty Shoot-out, Set Up Final With Kuwait
IND vs LBN Championship 2023 Highlights: In the penalty shootout, Sunil Chhetri's goal in the first attempt and Gurpreet Singh Sandhu's save put India 1-0 ahead of Lebanon before the hosts eventually won it 4-2.
India vs Lebanon Highlights, SAFF Championship 2023: India defeated Lebanon 4-2 (0-0) in the semi-final of the SAFF Championship in Bengaluru on Saturday. The match entered into penalty shootout as none of the teams could score any goal even in the regulation time as well as the extra-time. The score remained 0-0. The Blue Tigers made some good attack, however, they lacked execution. On the other hand, Lebanon too faltered in finishing but they did well back at their own box to negate India's attack. In the penalty shootout, Sunil Chhetri's goal in the first attempt and Gurpreet Singh Sandhu's save put India 1-0 ahead of Lebanon before the hosts eventually won it 4-2.
Here are the Highlights of India vs Lebanon, SAFF Championship semi-final match, straight from Bengaluru:
- 22:34 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: India to face Kuwait in final!"It wasn't easy to be honest. It was neck-and-neck (battle). We go back we will make sure, we get ready for the final," said winning captain Sunil Chhetri. India will be facing Kuwait in the final of the event on Tuesday (July 4) in Bengaluru.
- 22:27 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: India win!!!Lebanon miss on their fourth attempt and that helps India bag the game 4-2 in the penalty shoot-out. The winning foundation was laid in the first attempt only when Sunil Chhetri scored and Gurpreet Singh Sandhu saved the first one. Then Anwar Ali, Udandta Singh scored one each to keep India ahead. Naorem Singh scored the fourth goal for India with no chance of missing out for Lebanon. They did and lost the game.
- 22:05 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Poor pass from Rohit!Udanta Singh received a good pass at the right flank. He then passed the ball to Rohit Kumar, who was running right behind him. Rohit took some time, ran forward but failed to put the ball into the centre as the pass was intercepted by the Lebanon player.
- 22:01 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Udanta misses!Udanta Singh had a superb chance in front of him. He had made a really good dribble to take the ball inside the box but got no room to place the final shot as he was eventually surrounded by three Lebanon players plus a goalie. Goalkeeper Mehdi Khalil came in front of him and negated the threat.
- 21:39 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Chhetri misses again!Sunil Chhetri has misses this time! This was a big-big chance for India and him. Uadanta Singh did some really good dribbling in the right flank before delivering the ball into the box. However, Chhetri failed to capitalise on it and hit it over the bar.
- 21:27 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Match enters extra time!The match has entered extra time as none of the sides could score a goal. It was 0-0 at the end of the first half and so is the scorecard after the end of the second half as well. India pressed really hard for a goal in the dying minutes but Lebanon did well in defence.
- 21:21 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: India on the attack!Lallianzuala Chhangte lobbed the ball into the box towards Sunil Chhetri running in from the right side but a good defence helped Lebanon clear the ball. India did get a corner kick but Lebanon's defence was solid once again. Meanwhile, five minutes of injury time have been added.
- 20:58 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Zein Farran misses a chance!Zein Farran did a really good job to dribble the ball past at least two Indian players in the right flank near the attacking third. But he failed to hit the finishing shot properly. Farran ran towards the centre and also got good space but his shot went off target.
- 20:24 (IST)SAFF Championship semi-final live: Half-time in the game!There is the half-time whistle from the referee. The scoreline is 0-0. India enjoyed ball possesion in the first half but they failed to convert their chances. It was the finishing inside the penalty area that the Blue Tigers lacked. On the other hand, Lebanon gave a good fight to India with some really good attack but credit goes to Gurpreet Singh Sandhu for standing like a wall there and stopping everything coming his way.IND 0-0 LBN