FIFA World Cup 2022, Uruguay vs South Korea Highlights: Uruguay And South Korea Play Out A Pulsating 0-0 Draw
FIFA World Cup 2022, Uruguay vs South Korea Highlights: Uruguay hit the post twice but couldn't break down South Korea's defence as both teams played out a pulsating 0-0 draw in a Group H clash at the Education City Stadium
FIFA World Cup 2022, Uruguay vs South Korea Highlights: Uruguay hit the post twice but couldn't break down South Korea's defence as both teams played out a pulsating 0-0 draw in a Group H clash at the Education City Stadium. Diego Godin rattled the post with his header in the first-half, before Federico Valverde's effort crashed the crossbar. South Korea, too, had plenty of openings but couldn't find the back of the net. South Korea started the game with plenty of pressing in the first 45, before Uruguay started to dictate tempo after the break. Hwang Ui-jo had the biggest opportunity for Korea but he had blazed his effort just over the bar. Darwin Nunez had a couple of cracks in front of the goal but dragged his effort wide. In the second-half, South Korea heavily relied on the counters but failed to create something major. (MATCHCENTRE)
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Uruguay vs South Korea straight from Education City Stadium in Doha:
- 20:27 (IST)FIFA World Cup: It's Full-Time!Uruguay 0-0 South Korea. Both teams had their chances. But Uruguay struck the post twice. Godin in the second half, and then Valverde in the dying embers of the match. Points are shared
- 20:23 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: CORNER FOR URU!Corner for Uruguay in the dying embers of this game. Godin and Jimenez are up. But the delivery is poor.
- 20:18 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Chances at both ends!What a shot! Federico Valverde rattles the post with a vicious strike. Son Heung-min then curls his left-footed effort just wide of the goal.
- 20:09 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Chance!Tenacious play from Cavani to create an opening. He passes the ball to Nunez, who cuts inside and puts his effort wide of the far post. Cavani went in flying to get Nunez's shot deflected towards the goal.
- 20:06 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Double-Change for La Celeste!Matias Olivera and Matias Vecino are replaced by Nicolas de la Cruz and Matias Vina. Uruguay need some inspiration from someone
- 20:02 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Triple-Change for Korea!Triple change for South Korea. Jun-Ho Son is brought on as a substitute for Jae-Sung Lee. Sang-Ho Na is replaced by Kang-In Lee. Ui-Jo Hwang as he is replaced by Gue-Sung Cho
- 20:00 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Blocked!Edinson Cavani fires a shot at goal from a very promising position outside the penalty area, but it is blocked by Kim Min-jae
- 19:49 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Cavani is ready to come on!Uruguay are preparing a change. Edinson Cavani is ready to come. He will, most likely, replace Luis Suarez, who has struggled to get in the game
- 19:44 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: FOUL!Son is down. Clumsy challenge from Caceres. Son loses his boot. The Uruguayan gets booked for his tackle from behind
- 19:34 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: We Are Back!And we are back underway as the play resumes after the break!
- 19:23 (IST)FIFA World Cup Live: Half-time!Uruguay 0-0 South Korea. Both teams had their chances. Uruguay captain Diego Godin rattled the post with his header while Hwang Ui-jo came close to scoring for South Korea. Plenty of football left to play in the second half.
- 19:15 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Godin rattles the post!Diego Godin rattles the bottom of the post with his header. Koreas survive
- 19:08 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Chance for Uruguay!Huge chance for Korea! Hwang Ui-jo blazes his effort just above the cross bar. Incredible play from the Asian. We still await the first goal
- 18:57 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Son is on his bike!Son creating all sorts of problems to the Uruguayan backline with his pace and silky footwork. Tries a curler but his effort is cleared
- 18:55 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Another Chance!That is another exquisite pass from Jose Gimenez. There was slight nudge on Darwin Nunez and that prevented him getting the shot away. But it all starts from that wonderful pass again. Olivera slashes the ball in but Suarez also fails to make connection
- 18:50 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: CHANCE!Uruguay almost find the back of the net. Federico Valverde gets on the end of a long ball. He takes a touch with his right foot, before quickly using his left foot to take the shot, which flies just over the post
- 18:42 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Korea on top at the moment!Korea enjoying much of the ball in these opening 10 minutes. Uruguay struggling to keep possession.
- 18:33 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Early Korean pressure!Heung-min Son floats one corner in but Uruguay clear it eventually. Koreans are on the charge, with their high line of pressing
- 18:31 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: We Are Underway!Uruguay vs South Korea Group H match kicks off at the Education City Stadium
- 18:26 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Time for the national anthems!Both teams are out in the middle for the national anthems. Uruguay up first with their 'Orientales, la Patria o la Tumba', which is the longest national anthem in terms of duration.
- 18:23 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Let's take a look at Uruguay's playing XI7 of Uruguay's players in the starting XI play in Europe. Both Luis Suarez and goalkeeper Sergio Rochet play for Club Nacional back home. Diego Godin plays for Velez Sarsfield in Argentina. Martin Caceres, on the other hand, plays for LA Galaxy in the US
- 18:10 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Focus On Son!Son is fit and ready to start. Huge boost this for South Korea. He will be the main threat in front of goal.For Uruguay, Luis Suarez and Darwin Nunez both start. Mixture of experience and exuberance for La Celeste up front.Hopefully, we are in for a cracked of a game.
- 17:36 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Uruguay Starting XIUruguay (4-1-2-3) - Sergio Rochet; Martin Caceres, Diego Godin (capt), Jose Maria Gimenez, Mathias Olivera; Matias Vecino; Federico Valverde, Rodrigo Bentancur; Facundo Pellistri, Luis Suarez, Darwin Nunez; Coach: Diego Alonso
- 17:35 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: South Korea Starting XISouth Korea (4-2-3-1) - Kim Seung-gyu; Kim Jin-su, Kim Young-gwon, Kim Min-jae, Kim Moon-hwan; Jung Woo-young, Hwang In-beom; Na Sang-ho, Lee Jae-sung, Son Heung-min (capt); Hwang Ui-jo; Coach: Paulo Bento (POR)
- 17:34 (IST)FIFA World Cup live: Hello and welcome!The second match of the day - a Group H encounter between Uruguay and South Korea will start in less than an hour!