Mexico vs Poland FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Robert Lewandowski Misses Penalty; Poland, Mexico Play Out Goalless Draw
FIFA World Cup 2022, Mexico vs Poland Highlights: Poland and Mexico played out a goalles draw in Group C match of FIFA World Cup 2022 at Stadium 974 on Tuesday.
Mexico vs Poland, FIFA World Cup, Highlights: Poland and Mexico played out a goalless draw in Group C match of FIFA World Cup 2022 at Stadium 974 on Tuesday. Robert Lewandowski had the opportunity to put Poland in the lead from the spot but his penalty was saved by Guillermo Ochoa. The first half largely belonged to Mexico who didn't just produce the only shot on target but also dominated possession. Poland goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny made a late save in the first half to keep the scoreboard blank. The second half saw none of the teams scoring any goal and the contest eventually ended with a golless draw. (MATCHCENTRE)
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Mexico and Poland straight from Stadium 974 in Rass Abou Aboud
- 23:30 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Match ends in a draw!!!There is the final whistle from the referee and the Group C match between Poland and Mexico ends in a goalless draw.
- 23:13 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Alexis Vega substituted!Uriel Antuna substitutes Alexis Vega for Mexico. We have 6 minutes more for the end of regulation time. The scoreline is still 0-0.
- 23:03 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Poland attack gets thwarted againPoland putting together a few attacks in the last 15-20 minutes of the game. But, Mexico defenders are quite alert in thwarting their attempts. Still all to play for in the game.
- 22:53 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Wojciech Szczesny with another big saveWojciech Szczesny with a brilliant save to deny Henry Martin. Both goalkeepers have done phenomenal to keep the score level in the game so far.
- 22:46 (IST)Mexico vs Poland: Lewandowski's penalty saved by OchoaRobert Lewandowski, Poland's designated penalty-taker, sees his penalty get saved by Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa. Poor penalty from the Pole and Ochoa is the hero.
- 22:43 (IST)Mexico vs Poland LIVE: Lewandowski earns penaltyRobert Lewandowski goes down in the penalty box following a tussle with a Mexican defender. VAR check takes place for a possible penalty and the decision goes in favour of the Pole.
- 22:38 (IST)FIFA World Cup: Wednesday to be a holiday in Saudi ArabiaMeanwhile, Wednesday will be a celebratory holiday for all employees, students in Saudi Arabia following the team's historic win over Argentina in the FIFA World Cup earlier today, as per Saudi Press Agency.
- 22:35 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Poland make one half-time substituteOne change for Poland right at the start of the second half. Krystian Bielik comes in as a substitute, replacing Nicola Zalewski.
- 22:16 (IST)Mexico vs Poland: Easy save for SzczesnyA nice shot by Mexico right-back Jorge Sanchez from an acute angle but Wojciech Szczesny made a comfortable save. This is probably the first shot on target from either of the two teams.
- 22:14 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Fans having a gala timeFans are certainly having a gala time in Qatar.
@miseleccionmx fans always show up and show out! pic.twitter.com/qIeusap0Ta— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 22, 2022
- 22:04 (IST)Mexico vs Poland: Still no shot on targetNo shots on target for either of the two teams. Mexico still enjoying the majority of possession. Plenty of time being spent in the middle of the pitch, very little in the two 18-yard boxes.
- 21:57 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Big miss for MexicoMexico with an excellent opportunity to open the scoring but Alexis Vega's header is just wide. Big opportunity gone begging. Poland goalkeeper is relieved.
- 21:53 (IST)Qatar World Cup LIVE: Mexico dominating possessionMexico have enjoyed hefty possession so far. It's about 60:40 at the moment in favour of the South Americans. Robert Lewandowski has been marked very carefully by the Mexicans so far.
- 21:49 (IST)Mexico vs Poland: Edge-to-edge actionNo clear favourites so far. The two teams are producing edge-to-edge action with continuous attacks on both ends of the pitch. No chance worthy of scoring a goal so far though.
- 21:38 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Mexico thwart Poland's attackJakub Kaminski couldn't make the most of a beautiful pass from Robert Lewandowski. Poland broke forward but Mexico defenders were quick to recover and thwart the attack.
- 21:34 (IST)Mexico vs Poland LIVE: Needless foul by ZielinskiA clumsy foul by Piotr Zielinski of Poland right at the beginning. He has the referee's attention and would need to be wary of making such mistakes now.
- 21:29 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: We are ready for kick-offRobert Lewandowski is the man under the spotlight.
Teams are in the building— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 22, 2022
Who will be the star of the show for #MEX v #POL?#FIFAWorldCup | #Qatar2022
- 21:21 (IST)Mexico vs Poland: Referee Stéphanie Frappart makes historyStéphanie Frappart of France is the first woman to officiate at a men's World Cup. She's the fourth official for the match between Mexico and Poland. Frappart is one of three female head referees at the Qatar World Cup. Japan's Yoshimi Yamashita and Rwanda's Salima Mukasanga are the other two.
- 21:12 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Chris Beath the refereeChris Beath will be the referee officiating the game today. There are no clear favourites in the game although Robert Lewandowski's experience does put Poland a little ahead.
- 20:47 (IST)The Stadium 974 StoryThe Stadium 974, where the match is being held, is the first-ever temporary venue to host a World Cup contest. It has been made from 974 recycled shipping containers and will be used to host matches throughout the tournament, post which, the stadium will be dismantled and transported to be rebuilt in Maldonado, Uruguay which will host the 2030 FIFA World Cup
- 20:42 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Here are the line-upsMexico XI: Ochoa; Sánchez, Montes, Héctor Moreno, Gallardo; Héctor Herrera, Edson Álvarez, Chávez; Lozano, Henry Martin, VegaPoland XI: Szczesny; Bereszynski, Glik, Kiwior, Cash; Kaminski, Krychowiak, S.Szymanski, Zielinski, Zalewski; Lewandowski