Zee Network today threatened to launch a legal battle if the Indian Cricket Board did not allot telecast rights for coverage of international matches to be played in the country for the next four years to the company, the highest bidder for the coveted rights. "We have presented our case completely and squarely. I only hope the transparency shown by the Board so far is maintained till a decision is arrived at," Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Zee Network, said at a press conference. BCCI has invited top brass of both the Zee Network and ESPN to the committee meeting, convened to discuss the bids of the two and decide on the telecast rights. The marketing committee of the Board is to announce its decision on Sunday. Objecting to the invitation to the ESPN for the meeting, Chandra said, "The Board should not have invited the other bidder for a meeting since our bid is the highest." "It is a matter of law and it is not for me to judge it, but we will fight a fierce battle in court, if the telecast rights are not extended to us," he added. Chandra stated that he had given "comprehensive and satisfactory" explanations to the queries at the meeting.
Topics : Cricket