India vs Ireland 3rd T20I, Highlights: Jasprit Bumrah-led India Clinch T20I Series vs Ireland 2-0 As Rain Washes Out 3rd Game
IND vs IRE 3rd T20I Highlights: The third and final T20I match between India and Ireland was called-off due to rain in Dublin on Wednesday.
India vs Ireland, 3rd T20I, Highlights: The third and final T20I match between India and Ireland was called-off due to rain in Dublin on Wednesday. With this result, the Jasprit Bumrah-led side has clinched the three-match series 2-0. In the latest update, Cricket Ireland has revealed that a ground inspection will take place in 20 minutes. This three-match series will be followed by the Asia Cup, which will kick-start from August 30, co-hosted by Pakistan and Sri Lanka. (Scorecard)
Here are the Highlights of the 3rd T20I match between India and Ireland, straight from Dublin:
- 20:45 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: India's 18-member squad for Asia CupIndia's 18-member squad for the upcoming Asia Cup was announced on Monday. All-rounded Hardik Pandya was named as the deputy of skipper Rohit Sharma while KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer have also been included after recovering from their respective injuries.
- 20:18 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: All eyes on Rinku SinghWith Rinku Singh announcing his arrival on international stage with a 21-ball-38 in the second game, India's T20 squad seems like getting that second finisher after Suryakumar Yadav in shortest format. The likes of Rinku, Yashasvi Jaiswal and Ruturaj Gaikwad would like to stamp their authority as this will be the last bilateral T20 series before the next one against Australia which will be held in the month of November.
- 19:41 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Here's what Prasidh Krishna said"The team was following the moon landing on the bus. We saw it here. Pretty happy being picked for the Asia Cup. Process is same, continuing the process is important. I still want to do better, I've been running in well, but there's more I can do. Trying to get into the groove. Its about being consistent. If I can be consistent in execution, that's where I want to be. It will be an important game for us. We want to be on point every moment. The weather is a little cloudy but we expect another good game."
- 19:35 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Jay Shah on Chandrayan 3
A historic moment that will resonate for generations to come! 🇮🇳 Heartfelt congratulations to @isro on the triumphant landing of #Chandrayaan3. A remarkable feat that fills us all with inspiration through their steadfast commitment and exceptional accomplishment. pic.twitter.com/234LXEGuRw— Jay Shah (@JayShah) August 23, 2023
- 18:49 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Failure of Arshdeep SinghArshdeep Singh has got a long rope and his has been a mixed bag so far after he failed to show consistency in nailing the yorkers during the death overs in the past seven T20 games. Avesh with his pace or Mukesh Kumar with subtle variations could be tried out at Malahide, which has been a reasonably okay strip for willow wielders although it does get slower towards the end.
- 18:46 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Will Jitesh make his international debut?It is unlikely that there will be any change in the batting order unless the team management decides to rest Sanju Samson and try out Jitesh Sharma before Asian Games. However Samson, who is a senior player in this set-up, might not want to sit out as his place in the World Cup squad is far from assured and he would like to carry on from where he left in the second game when he scored 40 off 26 balls.
- 18:42 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Will Team India make any changes?The inconsequential third game gives this think-tank a chance to check out players like Avesh Khan, Jitesh Sharma, Shahbaz Ahmed, who haven't yet got a game in the series. In fact, Avesh, who was also with the team during the West Indies T20 series has been benched for seven straight matches and if he is again kept on the sidelines, he will go into Asian Games without any game time, which might be detrimental for both him and the team.
- 18:38 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: Preparations for the Asia CupThe more Jasprit Bumrah and Prasidh Krishna bowl, the fitter they will get, better the rhythm will be and greater the pace in their deliveries -- ingredients that are a must to cook a perfect recipe to trouble Pakistan in the upcoming Asia Cup and the marquee World Cup. However, the skipper along with stand-in head coach Sitanshu Kotak will also have to keep in mind that there is an Asian Games to be played and some of the reserve bench players might just be undercooked.
- 18:36 (IST)IND vs IRE Live: All eyes on Jasprit BumrahJasprit Bumrah will have to balance between adding miles to his legs and checking his team's bench-strength as India aim to complete a comfortable clean-sweep against Ireland. The Indian skipper for the series has looked comfortable in the eight overs across two matches but will need to take an informed call if he intends to play a third consecutive game on the bounce in five days even though it is a T20 affair.