Asian Games 2023 Javelin Throw Final Highlights: Neeraj Chopra Bags Gold, Kishore Jena Wins Silver
Asian Games 2023, Javelin Throw Final Highlights: Neeraj Chopra defended his Asian Games gold medal with a best throw of 88.88m while Kishore Jena won silver.
Asian Games 2023, Javelin Throw Final Highlights: India's star javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra defended his Asian Games gold medal with a best throw of 88.88m in the final at Hangzhou on Wednesday. Neeraj Chopra beat his compatriot Kishore Jena for the top honour. Kishore Jena overtook Neeraj Chopra at one stage in the final with his personal best throw of 86.77m but he ended with a silver medal as Neeraj registered his season best throw after that to reclaim the top spot. Earlier, Neeraj Chopra made a brilliant first attempt to throw the javelin to a great distance but the it could not be put on record due to technical malfunction. (Medals Tally | Asian Games 2023, Day 11 Highlights)
Here are the Highlights of the Asian Games 2023 men's javelin throw final:
- 18:38 (IST)Asian Games Javelin Throw Final Live: Glimpses after Neeraj-Jena's victory!
Neeraj Chopra says he wants to take team photo with the mens relay team, takes a great catch to not let the flag drop to the floor, and then joins the runners in a huddle.— Dipankar Lahiri (@soiledshoes) October 4, 2023
Moment of the day. #AsianGames2023 pic.twitter.com/wC83MRvyYP
- 18:18 (IST)Asian Games Javelin Throw Final Live: Terrific stuff from India!The top two positions at the javelin throw final were claimed by India and that took their tally to 80 medals before the men's 4x400m relay team claimed a gold medal to make it 81 overall. India's target to cross the 100-medal tally this time seems highly possible.
- 18:08 (IST)Asian Games Live: Neeraj wins gold, silver for Kishore!Neeraj Chopra wins a gold medal with a best throw of 88.88m in the final of the men's javelin throw event. Meanwhile, Kishore Jena, who achieved his personal best of 87.54m at the event, bagged the silver medal. Japan's Genki Dean won the bronze medal with a best throw of 82.68.
#GOLD FOR THE G.O.A.T@Neeraj_chopra1 conquers #AsianGames2022 for the second time with a season best throw of 88.88!— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) October 4, 2023
Take a bow King! You have done it
Congratulations on your #HallaBol performance #Cheer4India#JeetegaBharat... pic.twitter.com/m7NhwV8o6X
.@Kishore78473748 creates a stir with his shiny #Silverat #AsianGames2022!!— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) October 4, 2023
Jena gave his personal best performance with a throw of 87.54 to steal the show!
Many congratulations Jena We are super proud #Cheer4India#HallaBol#JeetegaBharat#BharatAtAG22 pic.twitter.com/jpnMF43FXw
- 17:33 (IST)Asiad Javelin Throw Final Live: This is sensational!Neeraj Chopra made a deliberate foul in his third attempt after he failed to throw the javelin to a good distance, but what Kishore Jena did after that was simply sensational! Jena achieved his personal best of 86.77m in his third attempt to take the pole position from Neeraj.
- 16:24 (IST)Asiad Javelin Throw Final Live: Neeraj Chopra, strong favourite for a gold medal!Pakistan's ace javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem -- who could have posed a big challenge to Neeraj Chopra in the final today -- has already pulled out of the javelin throw event in the Asian Games due to an injury. This makes Chopra strong favourite for a gold medal.
- 16:00 (IST)Neeraj Chopra Javelin Throw Live: India star aims to defend title!World Champion Neeraj Chopra will step out on Wednesday to defend his men's javelin throw crown at the ongoing 19th Asian Games and will aim for his second consecutive gold. Neeraj, a Tokyo Olympic medallist, will headline the athletic event on Day 11 of the Games, where India will definitely be the favourites for a gold medal.