Asian Games 2023 September 29 Highlights: Kiran Baliyan Wins 1st Medal In Athletics, India Rise To 4th In Medal Tally
Asian Games 2023 September 29 Highlights: India are sitting strong at the fourth place in the medal standings
Asian Games 2023 September 29 Highlights: Indian athletes continues to lead the charge towards the 100-medal mark. After shooters, India have sealed medals in squash, athletics and tennis too. Kiran Baliyan won bronze in women's shot put to win India's first medal in athletics at Asian Games 2023. In the Asian Games medals tally, India are fourth currently with 33 medals (8 gold, 12 silver and 13 bronze). Once again, shooters led the medal-charge with a solid show. Palak and Esha Singh completed a historic one-two for India, winning a gold and silver, respectively, in women's 10m air pistol individual event. India won a silver in Women's 10m Air Pistol Team event too. Aishwary Pratap Singh was the star in men's shooting by winning silver in rifle men's 3-Positions (individual). He was also part of the side that won the gold in the team event, breaking the world record in the process. India have set up a blockbuster final against Pakistan in the men's team squash. Rohan Bopanna and Rutuja Bhosale have entered the tennis mixed doubles final. (Asian Games 2023 Medals Tally | Asian Games 2023 Full Schedule)
Here are the Highlights of Asian Games 2023, September 29:
- 19:45 (IST)Asian Games Day 6 Live Updates: A great start at the end of the day!
st in #Athletics for 🇮🇳 at #AsianGames2022— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) September 29, 2023
Bronze triumph for Kiran Baliyan & our hearts swell with pride
Kiran delivered a mighty throw of 17.36 in her 3⃣rd attempt during the Women's Shot Put Final Event to seize this achievement!
Let's keep those medals rolling in!... pic.twitter.com/riOLozUVLz
- 19:17 (IST)Asian Games September 29 LIVE updates: Job not done yet!
#Paris2024, Here I come!— Nikhat Zareen (@nikhat_zareen) September 29, 2023
I have a dream and I'm living it!
Finally, I've secured my ticket to the @paris2024 . My job here at Asian Games is not done yet. I'll be fighting again on 1st October and intend to go all the way.
The journey continues...... pic.twitter.com/eKOO3369hG
- 19:16 (IST)Asian Games September 29 LIVE updates: Golf update!
Update: Golf at #AsianGames2022— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) September 29, 2023
Men's Team after Round 2 stands at 7th place with a score of 205
Check out the Men's Individual Results:
Anirban Lahiri - 9th place with 132 score
Shubhankar Sharma - 21st place with 137 score
SSP Chawrasia - 29th place with 139 score
- 18:52 (IST)LIVE updates Asian Games: Medal loading in Bridge?The Indian men's team continued their excellent show by maintaining their second position but the women and mixed sides could not make much headway in the bridge competition of the Asian Games here on Friday. The men's outfit is firmly entrenched in the second position with 155.09 points after playing 140 boards.
- 18:35 (IST)LIVE updates Asian Games: It's India vs Pakistan in squash final!Saurav Ghosal and Abhay Singh have won their respective matches and have ensured that India defeat defending champions Malaysia in the semi-final of the men's team squash. The side will now face Pakistan in the final for a gold medal. They had lost to Pakistan in the Pool stage.
- 17:23 (IST)LIVE updates Asian Games: Another final entry in athletics!Another sucess in athletics! Indias Muhammad Ajmal Variyathodi has qualified for the final of the Men’s 400m by finishing second in Heat 2 with a timing of 45.76 seconds. Muhammad Anas Yahiya is also in contention with a timing of 46.29 but his qualification depends on others heats.
- 16:35 (IST)Asian Games Day 6 Live Updates: Big match coming on!
Don't miss a punch of the Boxing Champ at #AsianGames2022@nikhat_zareen ready for the Quarter-finals— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) September 29, 2023
Tune into @SonySportsNetwk & @ddsportschannel at 4:45PM sharp! #Cheer4India 🇮🇳#HallaBol#JeetegaBharat#BharatAtAG22 pic.twitter.com/wM3SArw6o5
- 16:21 (IST)Asian Games September 29 LIVE updates: A long wait ends!Indian men's badminton team scripted history by securing a medal at Asian Games after 37 years as they beat Nepal 3-0 in quarterfinals in Hangzhou, China on Friday. They will face the winner between Indonesia and Korea in semifinal for a spot in the finals.