Asian Games 2023 October 5 Highlights: India Going Strong With 86 Medals; Archers, Squash Stars Shine
Asian Games 2023 Day 12 Highlights: India are currently on 86 medals (21 gold, 32 silver and 33 bronze)
Asian Games 2023 Day 12 Highlights: India's charge towards a historic 100-medal mark at the Asian Games 2023 is going strong! So far India have won 86 medals - (21 gold, 32 silver and 33 bronze). On Thursday, India added three more gold medals to its tally with Dipika Pallikal/Harinder Pal Singh (squash, mixed team), men's compound archery team and women's compound archery team finished on top of their respective events. Saurav Ghosal win a silver medal in men's singles squash. Antim Panghal won a bronze in women's wrestling. There were mixed results in badminton as HS Prannoy entered the badminton men's singles semi-final but PV Sindhu's hopes of winning another Asian Games medal were dashed after she lost to China's Bingjiao He in the women's singles quarterfinal.(Asian Games Medals Tally | Asian Games Full Schedule)
Here are the Highlights of Asian Games 2023 Day 12 from Hangzhou:
- 17:37 (IST)Live updates Asian Games 2023: good news from sport climbing!Good news from sport climbing! The Indian climbers started their campaign in boulder and lead events on a positive note as all four advanced to the semifinals.In the men's qualification match, Aman Verma finished eighth with a combined score of 118.8 (64.8 in boulder and 54 in lead) and advanced to the last four.Bharath Stephen Kamath Pereira followed suit after finishing 13th with a combined score of 97.8 (69.7 in boulder and 28.1 in lead).In the women's event, Saniya Farooque Shaikh, who finished 17th with a score of 51.4 (44.3 in boulder, 7.1 in lead) and Shivani Charak who finished 18th with a score of 45.9 (39.8 in boulder, 6.1 in lead) entered the semifinals.The men and women will play their semifinal clashes on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
- 17:16 (IST)Asian Games 2023 October 5 Live Updates: Truly a wonder!
Ageless Wonder!— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) October 5, 2023
Presenting the heartthrob of 🇮🇳 Squash, @SauravGhosal, who is now an #AsianGames2022 #SilverMedalist
With this, Saurav becomes the st 🇮🇳 Squash player to win 5⃣ consecutive individual medals at #AsianGames since 2006!
Congratulations on making history... pic.twitter.com/4G01zCyh6F
- 16:55 (IST)Asian Games 2023 October 5 Live Updates: Bridge update!Meanwhile, the Indian men's bridge team failed to secure a win in one and two sessions in the final match of the men's team bridge event. In the first session of the final match, India failed to clinch a comfortable win against Hong Kong and lost the game by 32-55. In the second session, India was unable to make a comeback in the game and lost by 46-29.The bridge men's team final match will be a six-round contest. The third session will be played later on Thursday, and the rest of the rounds will held on Friday.
- 15:51 (IST)Asian Games 2023 Day 12 Live Updates: Wrestling bronze medal matches next!Three bronze medal matches coming up in wrestling:Women's 50 kg Wrestling - Aktenge Keunimjaeva vs Pooja Gehlot - Bronze Medal MatchWomen's 53 kg Women's Wrestling - Antim Panghal vs Bolortuya Bat-ochir - Bronze MedalWomen's 57 kg Women's Wrestling - Mansi vs Laylokhon Sobirova - Bronze Medal Match Results
- 14:39 (IST)
- 13:50 (IST)Asian Games 2023 October 5 Live Updates: The starting XI!
India, here's your team for the Semi Final against China— Hockey India (@TheHockeyIndia) October 5, 2023
Let's cheer on our girls in today's all important match.
5th Oct 1:30 PM IST
Streaming on Sony LIV and Sony Sports Network.#HockeyIndia #IndiaKaGame #AsianGames #TeamIndia #HangzhouAsianGames... pic.twitter.com/Toy8z8yCsn