England vs New Zealand Highlights, World Cup 2019: England Beat New Zealand By 119 Runs, Qualify For Semi-Finals
England vs New Zealand Highlights, ICC Cricket World Cup: Mark Wood was the pick of the bowlers for England in their win over New Zealand.
England booked their place in the World Cup semi-finals with a 119-run demolition of New Zealand at Chester-le-Street on Wednesday. Eoin Morgan's side scored 305-8 in their 50 overs as Jonny Bairstow top-scored with 106 and Jason Roy hit 60. The tournament hosts then bowled out New Zealand for 186 to guarantee a top-four finish in the 10-team group stage. England, who have never won the competition, are into the World Cup semi-finals for the first time since 1992. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between England vs New Zealand, Straight from Riverside Ground, Durham.
- 22:38 (IST)If New Zealand lose, the equation for Pakistan is almost impossible!If New Zealand lose against England here, then England are through to semi-finals. New Zealand will come down to fourth place and if Pakistan want to reach the semis, they need to win by 296 runs, if they post 300 on the board.
New Zealand 175-8 after 41 overs. Assuming NZ lose this game, the equation for Pakistan to qualify for semi-final:— Rajneesh Gupta (@rgcricket) July 3, 2019
-Pak bat first & score 300, they need to restrict Bangladesh to 4.
-Pak bat second, they don't stand a chance even if they win off first ball.#ENGvNZ #NZvENG #CWC19
- 22:07 (IST)
- 20:38 (IST)OUT! Disastrous for New Zealand!Ross Taylor went for the second run and he is well short of his ground. A flat throw from the deep by Adil Rashid sent Taylor back in the pavilion. New Zealand four down.
- 20:27 (IST)OUT!Mark Wood goes for a shout, as he believes he got a hand to a straight drive from Ross Taylor. The on-field umpire goes to the third umpire and the replay shows the ball did touch Wood's fingers before hitting the stumps at the non-strikers end. Kane Williamson is short of his ground. Lucky breakthrough for England. New Zealand three down and in deep trouble.
- 19:56 (IST)Jofra Archer has been terrific with the new ball!England's new ball bowler, Jofra Archer has given away six runs in four overs and has picked up the priced scalp of Martin Guptill.
- 19:45 (IST)OUT! Huge wicket for England!Martin Guptill gloves this one from Jofra Archer into the hands of Jos Buttler, who takes a stunner behind the wickets to send Guptill back to the pavilion. New Zealand two down now inside six overs.
WHAT A GRAB!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 3, 2019
It's down the leg-side and brushes Martin Guptill's glove, and Jos Buttler takes a sensational diving catch behind the stumps.
New Zealand are 14/2.#CWC19 | #ENGvNZ pic.twitter.com/GgmmLYLPcH
- 19:27 (IST)OUT!Chris Woakes gets the first breakthrough for England in the very first over. Henry Nicholls decided not to go for the review after a long chat with his partner. New Zealand lose their first.