Australia vs England Semi-Final Highlights, World Cup 2019: England Thrash Australia To Reach World Cup 2019 Final
Australia vs England Semi final Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: England swept into their first World Cup final for 27 years as the hosts crushed Australia by eight wickets on Thursday.
England swept into their first World Cup final for 27 years as the hosts crushed Australia by eight wickets on Thursday to book a clash with New Zealand in Sunday's title match. Eoin Morgan's side ended Australia's bid to retain the World Cup in ruthless fashion at Edgbaston, dismissing their old rivals for 223 and then powering to victory in 32.1 overs thanks to Jason Roy's blistering 85. England will head to Lord's bidding to win the 50-over World Cup for the first time, with 2015 runners-up New Zealand, who they thrashed by 119 runs in the group stage, standing between Morgan's men and the trophy. England, who were in the semi-finals for the first time since 1992, have lost all three of their World Cup finals. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between Australia vs England Semi-final, Straight from Edgbaston, Birmingham.
- 21:46 (IST)Engand will play the final!Winning runs came off the bat of skipper Eoin Morgan who lofted the ball over mid-on fielder for a boundary. England will face New Zealand in the final of World Cup 2019 at Lord's on July 14, which means we will see a new World Champion this time as England and New Zealand have never won a World Cup.
- 21:27 (IST)Back to back four for Morgan!Eoin Morgan is toying with the field here. Lyon bowls on the middle stump, Morgan backs away, makes some room and slashes it away to the cover fence for a four.
- 20:49 (IST)Jason Roy departs for 85!Jason Roy has been given out caught behind and he is not happy with the decision. He argued with the umpires before leaving the field. England have no review left and he has been asked to leave by the two umpires. Match referee will surely take note of it. The replay shows there was no edge still Roy's reaction can't be justified. Poor decision from the umpire but they are also human... they can also make mistake.
- 20:38 (IST)Out... Starc strikes!Mitchell Starc gets Australia they breakthrough they wanted. Jonny Bairstow departs after playing a decent knock. With this wicket, Starc becomes the most successful bowler in one edition of World Cup. He went past Glenn McGrath's tally of 26 wickets. Read more on that here.
- 20:22 (IST)Four! Fifty for Jason RoyJaso Roy scores his 18th ODI fifty with a boundary off the bowling of Mitchell Starc. England are cruising in their chase of 224.