India vs England, Women's T20 World Cup Semi-Final Highlights: India Enter Maiden Final As Rain Washes Out Semi-Final
IND vs ENG Women T20 World Cup Semi-Final, Highlights: India qualified for their maiden final as rain in Sydney washed out the first semi-final.
The Indian women's cricket team entered their maiden T20 World Cup final on Thursday after rain washed out the semi-final clash against England in Sydney. There was no reserve day for the semis in the ongoing tournament and Cricket Australia's request for a reserve day was declined by the International Cricket Council on Wednesday. India booked a place in the final as they finished their group on top with four wins out of four games. The last time these two sided met in this competition, India had lost to England by eight wickets. India will now face the winner of the second semi-final that will be played between South Africa and Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground. In case of another washout, South Africa will qualify on the virtue of most wins in their group. (SCORECARD)
Highlights Between India vs England Women T20 World Cup Semi-Final, straight from Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
1st Semi-Final, ICC Women's T20 World Cup, 2020, Mar 05, 2020
- 10:47 (IST)India through to the final!Match has been abandoned due to rain in Sydney and India have qualified for their first-ever T20 World Cup final.
- 10:33 (IST)England team are hoping to get a game!England camp is worried as rain continues in Sydney. If the match gets called-off, India will go through to the finals as they finished on top in the group stage.
- 09:43 (IST)India's road to semi-final!India started their campaign with a big win over the defending champions Australia in the tournament opener. Harmanpreet Kaur then led her side to a comfortable win over Bangladesh. India were involved in a thrilling contest against New Zealand and eventually won that match by three runs on the last ball of the game. The Indian women's team then made short work of Sri Lanka as they won their last group stage game by seven wickets.
- 08:54 (IST)Here are the scenarios to get a game in Syndey!To get a 10-over per side game, the toss must be held before 11:06 AM IST and the game should start before 11:21 AM IST.
India v England weather update— T20 World Cup (@T20WorldCup) March 5, 2020
To complete a 10 over a side match, the toss must be held by 4.36pm local time, and play must commence by 4.51pm local time.
We will keep you updated as the day progresses.#INDvENG | #T20WorldCup pic.twitter.com/MVUfMBcuC4
- 08:22 (IST)The covers are on!Not a good sight from the Sydney Cricket Ground at the moment as the covers are on and we are likely to see a delayed start to the first semi-final.
In all likelihood #T20WorldCup semi finals will be delayed. The India @BCCIWomen vs England match will have to start no later than 4:49pm AEDT, which is 11:39 am pic.twitter.com/2BPjPEWcPw— Rica Roy (@cheerica) March 5, 2020