India vs Australia U19 Super League Quarter-Final 1 Highlights: India Beat Australia By 74 Runs To Reach Semifinals
Highlights, IND U19 vs AUS U19 World Cup: India beat Australia by 74 runs to reach the semifinals of 2020 Under-19 World Cup.
Kartik Tyagi (4 for 24 runs) starred with the ball as India beat Australia by 74 runs to reach the semifinals of the 2020 Under-19 World Cup on Tuesday. Chasing a modest total, Australia got off to a poor start as a mix-up between their two openers Sam Fanning and Jake Fraser-McGurk cost them a wicket on the very first ball of the innings. McGurk departed without even facing a single ball. After the first wicket, Tyagi picked two more wickets -- on the fourth and the fifth deliveries -- in the the over to give India a perfect start. In his next over, he removed Oliver Davies to push Australia further back in their run chase. However, Fannning (75 off 127) stitched solid partnerships with wicket-keeper Patrick Rowe (21 of 40) and Liam Scott (35 off 71) for fifth and sixth wickets respectively to keep his side alive in the run chase. Just when things were starting to look good for Australia, they lost three wickets in three balls and lost the momentum as well as the match as India sealed a comfortable 74-run victory to enter the semifinals. (SCORECARD)
Super League Quarter Final 1, ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, 2020, Jan 28, 2020
Highlights Between India vs Australia 1st Quarter Final, straight from Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
- 21:19 (IST)Thank you for joining us!While the end result shows India to be the more dominate side in reality it was far from it. India were made to toil hard but they performed better than Australia as a unit and won the match comfortably. Thank you for tuning in to our live match updates... hope you enjoyed it. We will be back when India's senior team take on New Zealand in the 3rd T20 tomorrow. Don't forget to join us then. Till then take care!
- 20:56 (IST)India beat Australia by 74 runs to reach the semifinals!Akash Singh rattles the timber of Matthew Willans with a full length delivery as India beat Australia by 74 runs to reach the semifinals of 2020 Unde-19 World Cup.
- 20:05 (IST)50 partnership for sixth wicket!Fanning and Scott have added 50 runs for the sixth wicket to keep Australia in the run chase.
- 18:05 (IST)Australia are 23/4 after five overs!Five overs gone and Australia are 23/4. The Indian bowlers, especially Kartik Tyagi, got their side to a dream start as his first overs accounted for three wickets. However, the Indian bowlers have not asked many question of the Australian batsmen in the following overs.
- 17:50 (IST)Kartik Tyagi gets his third wicket!Kartik Tyagi bowls wide of off stump, inviting Oliver Davies to reach out for the ball and the batsman fall for bowler's trap and hands a simple catch to the slip fielder. Jaiswal completed a fine catch to push Australia on the backfoot in their runchase.
- 17:35 (IST)Wicket off first ball!Jake Fraser-McGurkIndia get off to a best possible start as they get rid of Australian opener Jake Fraser-McGurk on the very first ball of the innings. Tyagi bowled full and straight and Sam Fanning called for a non-quick single. McGurk was not looking at his partner and paid the price as India strike with a runout.