Five things to know about Simona Halep who will face Maria Sharapova in Saturday's French Open final at Roland Garros:
- When she was a teenager she went underwent breast reduction surgery to take her size from a 34DD to 34C. It was a measure aimed at improving her movement around the court. However, the 22-year-old is reluctant to keep talking about it. "Sorry, but I don't want to speak about this one. It was a long time ago and it's something personal, so I'm sorry. About tennis I will speak with pleasure, but that problem, it's my personal thing. Sorry."
- Her manager is Virginia Ruzici, the only Romanian woman to win a Grand Slam title when she claimed the 1978 French Open. Ruzici was also the runner-up in Paris to Chris Evert in 1980.
- She has footballer's legs. Well, that's what her coach Wim Fissette reckons.
- She plays tennis but doesn't watch a lot of it, neither live nor on TV
- Halep is the first player since Martina Hingis at the 1997 Australian Open to reach her first Grand Slam final without dropping a set (and Hingis went on to win that final in straight sets).