- A Look at How 'I' in IPL Fared This Season
IPL throws up its fair share of talents each year - both rookies as well as seasoned campaigners on a second lease of cricketing life. These are the men who shone - and those who flopped - in the ongoing edition.
- Harbhajan Singh's Comeback: Thank God for the IPL
Harbhajan Singh was recalled to the national team for the tour to Bangladesh. This will be his first international series in over two years with many seeing it as a reward for good performance in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
- IPL 8: Mumbai Indians and their Turnaround Tale
Mumbai Indians began the 2015 Indian Premier League with four losses on-the-trot but just like last season, the men from Mumbai have turned their fortunes around in spectacular fashion.
- 'Confidence', the Key to Ajinkya Rahane's Transformation
'Confidence' is a trait that separates Men from Boys, ordinary from extraordinary. And it is this very trait that has taken Mumbaikar Ajinkya Rahane from a nondescript boy riding the locals to a Test and T20 batting sensation. In an exclusive interview to Rica Roy he talks about how confidence helped him grab every opportunity with both hands.
- World Champions in ODIs but Flops in IPL
Australia won their 5th World Cup earlier this year. James Faulkner, Glenn Maxwell, Shane Watson, Mitchell Johnson, and Aaron Finch were all part of that Australian team that lifted the trophy at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. But in the IPL they have been down and in some cases out too.
- Half-Fit Players in IPL: To Play Them or Not to Play Them
Bangalore dropped Chris Gayle. It was like dropping a bombshell. But it's well known that Chris Gayle hasn't been a 100 percent for a long long time now. He has been half-fit. He's not the only half fit player in the IPL. Bangalore only made a bold decision. Some other sides have not.
- Indian Premier League: It'll be Raining Runs and Wickets
A famous man once sang - Imagine there's no heaven, imagine there's no countries, imagine no possessions.....Now imagine if we could add just one more line in that - Imagine cricket while it is raining.
- Kolkata Knight Riders Value Fans Like Customer, Says CEO Venky Mysore
Kolkata Knight Riders have won the IPL twice. That is as many times as Chennai Super Kings. But in the 8th season of IPL, it is the No.1 brand. What has gone into making it the numero uno franchise? KKR CEO Venky Mysore spoke to ndtv.com about how the new and unique ways of the franchise to connect with the millennial generation has set it apart. Here are the excerpts...
- IPL 8: The Evolution of Ajinkya Rahane into a Shorter Format Menace
Ajinkya Rahane has evolved as a complete batsman, capable of batting in any position, in any format. A man who was once not considered to be a T20 player is turning out to be the most consistent and explosive batsman of IPL 2015.
- Bizarre Moments of Indian Premier League 2015
Yuvraj Singh had probably his most bizarre cricketing moment in Monday's match between his side Delhi and Kolkata. It was so bizarre one could be confused about whether to call Yuvraj's dismissal a run out or stumped. But Yuvraj's dismissal isn't the only bizarre or unexpected incident which has stood out in the cricketainment this IPL.
- Match 1, Indian Premier League, 2015 at Kolkata, Apr 8, 2015Kolkata Knight Riders170/3 (18.3)Mumbai Indians168/3 (20)Kolkata Knight Riders beat Mumbai Indians by 7 wickets
- Match 2, Indian Premier League, 2015 at Chennai, Apr 9, 2015Chennai Super Kings150/7 (20)Delhi Daredevils149/9 (20)Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Daredevils by 1 run
- Match 3, Indian Premier League, 2015 at Pune, Apr 10, 2015Kings XI Punjab136/8 (20)Rajasthan Royals162/7 (20)Rajasthan Royals beat Kings XI Punjab by 26 runs