In an interview to asiantour.com, Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar talks about his goals in golf, how he keeps himself in top form and his motivation to excel in golf:
1. What psyches you up especially when you're in contention?
It psyches me up whenever I see my name on top of the leaderboard. It really gives me the push to go all out to win the tournament.
2. What goes through your mind each time you step onto the first tee?
I try to work on my routine and process and I will keep telling myself that I will hit a good shot.
3. Have you ever been overwhelmed by an occasion?
Yes, there were a couple of times when I was in contention. It was a mix of emotions. I just tell myself to stay composed and keep calm on the golf course.
4. What gives you an edge over your rivals on the course?
I think it is my attitude and the 'killing instinct' you need to have that gives you an edge over your rivals.
5. How do you keep yourself in tip-top physical condition?
I practice a lot. I work a lot on my short game on and off the golf course.
6. After a 65, would you go back to the range or take the rest of the day off?
It depends on my mood actually. Most of the time, I will go and work on my short game.
7. How about after a 78?
Pretty much the same as what I would do after a 65.
8. What motivates you to excel in the game?
There are so many things that motivate me to do well. Everyone lives only once. You might as well give your 100% in everything you do. I believe you will definitely excel is you do that.
9. What do you dislike the most on the golf course?
To be honest, there's nothing that I dislike on the golf course!
10. Describe your happiest moment on the golf course?
I am still waiting for that moment to come!
11. How about the most embarrassing moment?
I don't remember having any so far.
12. Tell us one thing about you that not many people know?
That's top secret!
13. Can you recall your first ever full 18 holes and what did you shoot?
I had my first ever full 18 holes when I was about eight years old. I shot a 94.
14. How would you describe yourself as a golfer?
I am a cool golfer. I try to keep myself cool, composed and relaxed when I'm on the golf course.
15. If you're not a golfer, what would you be?
Never ever thought of that. Never had the time to think about that.
16. How long did it take you to get to single handicap?
I got to a single handicap when I was 13 years old. I took around five years to achieve that.
17. Would you prefer to play on a 7,700 yard golf course or a shorter but penal golf course, why?
I would definitely prefer to play on the shorter golf course because that will really test your skills and what kind of player you are.
18. What is your ultimate goal in golf?
My ultimate goal is to be a Major winner.