Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal, FIFA World Cup Group A Highlights: Netherlands, Senegal Qualify For Round Of 16 From Group A
FIFA World Cup 2022, Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal Highlights: Netherlands and Senegal qualify for Round of 16 from Group A.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Group A, Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal Highlights: Netherlands and Senegal qualify for Round of 16 with 2-0 and 2-1 wins over Qatar and Ecuador respectively. Just minutes into the second half, Frenkie de Jong scored Netherlands' second goal to put the team 2-0 ahead vs Qatar. Moises Caicedo equalised for Ecuador in the second half and just 3 minutes later, Kalidou Koulibaly made it 2-1 for Senegal. Earlier, Cody Gakpo scored for the third consecutive game to open the scoring for the Dutch. Senegal finally took the lead over Ecuador after a player was brought down in the penalty box. Ismaila Sarr opened the scoring for the African side. (ECU vs SEN MATCHCENTRE) (NED vs QAT MATCHCENTRE).
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Netherlands and Qatar from Al Bayt Stadium and Ecuador vs Senegal straight from Khalifa International Stadium
- 22:35 (IST)FIFA WC: Thank YouThat's it for now guys. Please join us for the live coverage of the matches between Iran and USA and Wales and England.
- 22:32 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Senegal defeat EcuadorSenegal beat Ecuador 2-1 to book a spot in the Round of 16 stage of the FIFA World Cup 2022. Kalidou Koulibaly and Ismaila Sarr scored for Senegal while Moises Caicedo scored of Ecuador.
- 22:28 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Netherlands defeat QatarNetherlands defeat Qatar 2-0 in their final group stage match of the FIFA World Cup 2022. Frenkie de Jong and Cody Gakpo hit goals for Netherlands as their side seal a spot in the Round of 16 stage.
- 22:24 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: 6 mins stoppage timeThe stoppage time for the match between Ecuador and Senegal is 6 minutes. Senegal are in lead 2-1.
- 22:23 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: No GoalA marvelous effort from Steven Berghuis goes in vain as his attempt misses the target and Netherlands miss a goal.
- 22:20 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: 6 mins stoppage timeThe stoppage time for the match between Netherlands and Qatar is 6 minutes. Netherlands are in lead 2-0.
- 22:17 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Senegal make changesSenegal make another change in their lineup. Angelo Preciado is replaced by Jackson Gabriel Porozo Vernaza
- 22:15 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Musab Khoder replaces Ismaeel MohammadIn the last minutes of the game, Musab Khoder replaces Ismaeel Mohammad in Qatar's lineup. Abdulaziz Hatem is also replaced by Ahmed Alaaeldin
- 22:12 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Good save from NetherlandsQatar's Homam Ahmed brings a perfect pass into the box but Netherlands's goalkeeper Andries Noppert dodges the coming threat.
- 22:08 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Senegal make changesAfter taking the lead, Pathe Ciss is replaced by Nampalys Mendy in Senegal's lineup for the rest of the game.
- 22:03 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: GOALGOAL!!! Moments after Ecuador hit a equalizer, Senegal strike again to take a lead. Kalidou Koulibaly reaches the correct place and hits the ball on the left side of the goal.
- 22:01 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: GOALGOAL!!! Ecuador take a sigh of relief as Moises Caicedo provides a perfect equalizer to his side. Caicedo smartly places the ball into the net.
- 21:59 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: No goal for NetherlandsA brilliant goal by Steven Berghuis was rejected by referee Bakary Gassama after it was found to be a handball.
- 21:53 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Freekick for SenegalSenegal win a freekick after Ecuador's Angelo Preciado commits a rough tackle and brings an opponent down.
- 21:47 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Yellow card for Nathan AkeReferee Bakary Gassama signals a yellow card to Netherlands Nathan Ake for pushing an opponent down.
- 21:45 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Ecuador makes changesCarlos Gruezo is replaced by Jose Adoni while Jeremy Sarmiento comes in the place of Alan Franco in Ecuador's lineup.
- 21:42 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: GOALGOAL!!! Netherlands take 2-0 lead in just 3 minutes of the second-half. Frenkie de Jong perfectly shoots the ball inside the net.
- 21:23 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Half-timeThis is the end of the first-half of the match between Ecuador and Senegal. Senegal are in a lead by 1-0.
- 21:21 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Half-timeThis is the end of the first-half of the match between Netherlands and Qatar. Netherlands are in 1-0 lead as Cody Gakpo provided them with a major breakthrough.
- 21:18 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Stoppage time 6 minThe stoppage time for the first half of the match between Ecuador and Senegal is 6 minutes.Live Score: ECU 0: SEN 1 (44")
- 21:16 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: GOALGOAL!!! Senegal capitalize on the penalty as Ismaila Sarr easily hits the ball and places it into the nets to give his side a 1-0 lead.
- 21:14 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Penalty for SenegalIt's a brilliant opportunity for Senegal to score as they get a penalty after Piero Hincapie roughly brings an opponent down.
- 21:11 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: No Goal for SenegalSenegal miss out on a great opportunity after Pathe Ciss hits a header on a corner kick, which goes above the goal post.
- 21:06 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Freekick for QatarQatar get a free-kick after Netherlands' Marten de Roon roughly tackles his opponent while trying to take the ball.
- 21:03 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Easy save from Hernan GalindezEcuador goalkeeper Hernan Galindez makes an easy save after Senegal's Iliman Ndiaye attempts an effortless shoot.
- 20:58 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: GOALGOAL!!! Cody Gakpo provides Netherlands with the first breakthrough as he perfecly takes a pass into the box places it into the nets.Live Score: NED 1: QAT 0 (26")
- 20:57 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Good save from NetherlandsQatar's Akram Afif smartly brings the ball into the box but the coming danger was brilliantly averted by Netherlands defenders.
- 20:53 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Foul by Denzel DumfriesReferee Bakary Gassama signals a foul after Netherlands' Denzel Dumfries tries to use excessive force during a tackle.
- 20:48 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: No goal for NetherlandsNetherlands' Memphis Depay fires a brilliant shot but the balls goes above the goal post.
- 20:44 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: No GoalBoulaye Dia gets a perfect pass but unfortunately the shot goes wide of the left post. No goal for Senegal.
- 20:40 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Homam Ahmed picks up injuryQatar's Homam Ahmed picks up an injury while running on the field. He is doing fine and fit to play.
- 20:36 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Senegal miss opportunitySenegal miss out on a brilliant opportunity to goal after Idrissa Gueye's attempt goes wide of the right post.
- 20:32 (IST)FIFA WC: We are underwayThe matches between Netherlands and Qatar and Ecuador and Senegal, begin now at Al Bayt Stadium and Khalifa International Stadium respectively.
- 20:30 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Bakary Gassama appointed as refereeBakary Gassama has been appointed as the referee for today's match between Netherlands and Qatar.
- 20:27 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: See how much fans are excited for the match
Players warmed up— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 29, 2022
Vocal cords warmed up
- 20:16 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Here's what Ecuador coach Gustavo Alfaro said before the matchI’m convinced we’ve done everything we can, we’ve done our homework, hopefully tomorrow we will be strong and fortunate enough against Senegal, who are a great team, and hopefully we will go through, because we deserve it. We respect the pecking order, but we don’t need to be fearful. We remain calm but that doesn’t mean we are overconfident, we are not triumphalist. We have our own way of playing, we are not just thinking of getting a draw. We have to come to the pitch trying to win the game … We are creating our own pathway. We want to progress, we want to seal our passage, we want to play the best World Cup in Ecuadorean history.
- 20:14 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Here's what Senegal coach, Aliou Cisse said before the matchI come from a country where we don’t like losing. We’re always hungry for that win. Not going to the round of 16 would be difficult to digest. We’re okay, we’re dealing with the pressure and stress. For me, it’s good stress. We understand that winning will allow us to continue on the adventure and that’s exactly what we intend on doing. We know in 2018 we were looking for a draw when maybe the points would play in our favour but this isn’t the case tomorrow.
- 20:09 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Here's what Felix Sanchez said before the matchWhen you play against a team such as the Netherlands, you don’t need any motivation. It’s a challenge for our players to face such a team. This was a very demanding group for us. We’ve competed with our ups and downs. We’d have preferred to be in a better situation. I think these players have achieved a great deal over the last years. Now we need to be aware that to compete at this level, we are still lagging behind. I think if we work at this on a daily basis, gradually we will be closer to this level. I don’t feel disappointed or embarrassed. The World Cup is the most demanding competition, and only a few can be here. We are still slightly behind. The country will continue working so that the next time Qatar comes to a World Cup, hopefully soon, we’ll be able to compete better than we did this time.
- 20:07 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Here's what Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal said before the matchI think you always have to identify the goal, the purpose for which you are here and then you can work your way toward that purpose. If you say ‘Well, the round of 16 is enough, the quarter-finals are enough’, that isn’t the right way to do things. The right way to do things is to think you will become champions. I never said that we’re going to become world champions, but that we can become this.
- 19:37 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Here are the lineupsEcuador: Galindez, Angelo Preciado, Torres, Hincapie, Estupinan, Franco, Gruezo, Caicedo, Plata, Estrada, Valencia.Senegal: Edouard Mendy, Sabaly, Koulibaly, Jakobs, Diallo, Ciss, Pape Gueye, Ndiaye, Idrissa Gueye, Ismaila Sarr, Dia.