Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal, FIFA World Cup Group A Highlights: Netherlands, Senegal Qualify For Round Of 16 From Group A
FIFA World Cup 2022, Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal Highlights: Netherlands and Senegal qualify for Round of 16 from Group A.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Group A, Netherlands vs Qatar, Ecuador vs Senegal Highlights: Netherlands and Senegal qualify for Round of 16 with 2-0 and 2-1 wins over Qatar and Ecuador respectively. Just minutes into the second half, Frenkie de Jong scored Netherlands' second goal to put the team 2-0 ahead vs Qatar. Moises Caicedo equalised for Ecuador in the second half and just 3 minutes later, Kalidou Koulibaly made it 2-1 for Senegal. Earlier, Cody Gakpo scored for the third consecutive game to open the scoring for the Dutch. Senegal finally took the lead over Ecuador after a player was brought down in the penalty box. Ismaila Sarr opened the scoring for the African side. (ECU vs SEN MATCHCENTRE) (NED vs QAT MATCHCENTRE).
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Netherlands and Qatar from Al Bayt Stadium and Ecuador vs Senegal straight from Khalifa International Stadium
- 20:27 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: See how much fans are excited for the match
Players warmed up— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 29, 2022
Vocal cords warmed up
- 20:16 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Here's what Ecuador coach Gustavo Alfaro said before the matchI’m convinced we’ve done everything we can, we’ve done our homework, hopefully tomorrow we will be strong and fortunate enough against Senegal, who are a great team, and hopefully we will go through, because we deserve it. We respect the pecking order, but we don’t need to be fearful. We remain calm but that doesn’t mean we are overconfident, we are not triumphalist. We have our own way of playing, we are not just thinking of getting a draw. We have to come to the pitch trying to win the game … We are creating our own pathway. We want to progress, we want to seal our passage, we want to play the best World Cup in Ecuadorean history.
- 20:14 (IST)FIFA WC, ECU vs SEN: Here's what Senegal coach, Aliou Cisse said before the matchI come from a country where we don’t like losing. We’re always hungry for that win. Not going to the round of 16 would be difficult to digest. We’re okay, we’re dealing with the pressure and stress. For me, it’s good stress. We understand that winning will allow us to continue on the adventure and that’s exactly what we intend on doing. We know in 2018 we were looking for a draw when maybe the points would play in our favour but this isn’t the case tomorrow.
- 20:09 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Here's what Felix Sanchez said before the matchWhen you play against a team such as the Netherlands, you don’t need any motivation. It’s a challenge for our players to face such a team. This was a very demanding group for us. We’ve competed with our ups and downs. We’d have preferred to be in a better situation. I think these players have achieved a great deal over the last years. Now we need to be aware that to compete at this level, we are still lagging behind. I think if we work at this on a daily basis, gradually we will be closer to this level. I don’t feel disappointed or embarrassed. The World Cup is the most demanding competition, and only a few can be here. We are still slightly behind. The country will continue working so that the next time Qatar comes to a World Cup, hopefully soon, we’ll be able to compete better than we did this time.
- 20:07 (IST)FIFA WC, NED vs QAT: Here's what Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal said before the matchI think you always have to identify the goal, the purpose for which you are here and then you can work your way toward that purpose. If you say ‘Well, the round of 16 is enough, the quarter-finals are enough’, that isn’t the right way to do things. The right way to do things is to think you will become champions. I never said that we’re going to become world champions, but that we can become this.