Story ProgressBack to home
Senegal vs Netherlands, FIFA World Cup Highlights: Gakpo, Klaassen Strike Late As Dutch Claim 2-0 Win
FIFA World Cup 2022, Senegal vs Netherlands Highlights: Cody Gakpo and Davy Klaasen scored two late goals to give the Dutch a 2-0 victory over Senegal in the Group A match.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Netherlands beat Senegal 2-0© AFP
FIFA World Cup 2022, Senegal vs Netherlands Highlights: Netherlands secured a 2-0 win over Senegal in the Group A match of the FIFA World Cup 2022. Davy Klaassen struck in the dying minutes of the game to make it 2-0 for the Dutch after Cody Gakpo opened the scoring for his side, pouncing on an error from Senegal goalkeeper Eduard Mendy. (MATCH-CENTRE)
Here are the Highlights Updates of the FIFA World Cup 2022 Football Match between Senegal and Netherlands straight from Al Thumama Stadium in Doha:
Get alerts for live updates
Turn on notifications to receive alerts as stories develop in real-time. You can manage alerts in your app's settings.
- 23:30 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: GOAL for NetherlandsAgainst the run of play, Davy Klaassen scores the second for Netherlands. The Dutch go 2-0 up and the time is almost up.
- 23:24 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: 8 minutes of added time8 minutes of injury time added, primarily due to the delay that was caused due to Cheikhou Kouyate's injury. Senegal are trying their best to equalise in the remaining minutes.
- 23:15 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: GOALCoady Gakpo finally breaks the deadlock for Netherlands. A poor bit of goalkeeping from Eduard Mendy. He goes out to punch the ball and completely misses it. Gakpo, however, made sure he hit the header on target. It was also Netherlands' first shot on target.
- 23:11 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Koopmeiners comes on for BerghuisTeun Koopmeiners of Netherlands comes in, hoping to break the deadlock. He replaces Steven Berghuis who hasn't looked at his absolute best going forward. Just 10 minutes to go for normal time.
- 23:03 (IST)Senegal vs Netherlands: Cheikhou Kouyate stretchered offCheikhou Kouyate is down and he is being stretchered off. The midfielder isn’t in a state to continue and is being replaced. Not a good sight for the Senegalese fans.
- 22:57 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Big save by Netherlands goalkeeperA sharp save by the Netherlands goalkeeper Andries Noppert who denies Boulaye Dia a goal. The Senegalese had created space for himself but his shot was effectively saved by the goalkeeper.
- 22:52 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Janssen out, Depay in for NetherlandsNetherlands make their first chance. That's the end of the game for Vincent Janssen, who makes way for Memphis Depay.
- 22:45 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Van Dijk spill opportunityNetherlands defender Virgil van Dijk had the opportunity to head home his team's opener against Senegal. His header, however, went above the crossbar as a big opportunity went past begging.
- 22:39 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Senegal's attack nullifiedBoulaye Dia of Senegal looked to break free but a number of Netherlands players surrounded him to take the ball off his feat. A promising start to the second-half though.
- 22:34 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Second-half underway!It's been a cagey affair so far in the game, with both Senegal and Netherlands cancelling each other out. Are we going to see a goal in the second-half? Only time will tell.
- 22:17 (IST)FIFA World Cup 2022: 2 minutes of extra timeThere haven't been may stoppages in the game. Just 2 minutes of extra time has been added in the first half.
- 22:12 (IST)Senegal vs Netherlands: Berghuis with a long-range attemptNetherlands found themselves with some space. The ball was perfectly set up for Steven Berghuis who takes aim from outside the box but the ball goes over the crossbar. Another opportunity goes begging for the Dutch.
- 22:09 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Virgil stands tallVirgil Van Dijk has been making his presence felt in the middle of the pitch for Netherlands this evening.
𝑽𝒊𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒍 #FIFAWorldCup | #Qatar2022 pic.twitter.com/dV6ZUHJfNy— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 21, 2022
- 22:05 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Cody Gakpo's free-kick in vainCody Gakpo had the opportunity to create a goalscoring opportunity with a free-kick but his delivery just wasn't good enough. Senegal players clear it easily to prevent another goalscoring chance.
- 21:58 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Van Dijk to the rescue
Van Dijk heads away Ismaila Sarr's goal-bound effort for a corner. Had it not been for the Liverpool defender, the ball would've slotted into the corner of the net.
- 21:51 (IST)Senegal vs Netherlands: Frenkie misses golden chanceFrenkie de Jong made mockery of the chance he was provided with in the penalty box. He took far too much time to put the ball in his control. By the time he hands things in his control, Senegal defenders were all around him.
- 21:50 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Netherlands come closeThe closest Netherlands have been to opening the scoring! Daley Blind with a header but it doesn't hit the target. The defender is quit livid with the missed opportunity.
- 21:47 (IST)FIFA World Cup 2022: Still no clear chanceIt's been a rather dull start to the match between Netherlands and Senegal. Both the teams have been cancelling each other out. Still no clear cut goalscoring chance seen from either of the two sides.
- 21:38 (IST)Senegal vs Netherlands LIVE: End-to-end battleIt has been an end-to-end battle for both the teams in the opening 6 minutes of the game. Both teams getting into promising positions but not able to convert those moves to goalscoring chances. It remains goalless.
- 21:29 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Senegal look to put horror 2018 memories behindRemember, Senegal had cruelly missed out on the knockout stages of the 2018 World Cup because of their inferior 'fair play' record to Japan. They are the African champions and would be keen to show their mettle tonight.
- 21:22 (IST)FIFA WC LIVE: Minutes away from kick-offBoth the Netherlands and Senegal teams are on the ground. The action is set to begin in a few minutes.
and are in the house!— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 21, 2022
Find out Where you can watch the #FIFAWorldCup on FIFA+! pic.twitter.com/mAhtHUxPA6
- 21:16 (IST)FIFA WC Live: Senegal without Sadio ManeThe Senegal medical team did all they can to add Sadio Mane to their roster for the Qatar World Cup but the Bayern Munich star couldn't recover in time.
- 21:11 (IST)FIFA WC Live: Line-upsSenegal Playing XI: Edouard Mendy; Youssouf Sabaly, Kalidou Koulibaly (capt), Pape Abou Cisse, Abdou Diallo; Idrissa Gana Gueye, Nampalys Mendy, Cheikhou Kouyate; Krepin Diatta, Boulaye Dia, Ismaila SarrNetherlands Playing XI: Andries Noppert; Matthijs de Ligt, Virgil van Dijk (capt), Nathan Ake; Denzel Dumfries, Steven Berghuis, Frenkie de Jong, Daley Blind; Cody Gakpo; Steven Bergwijn, Vincent Janssen
Topics mentioned in this article
Get the Latest Sports News and check out Match Schedule and Live Score. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more sports updates. You can also download the NDTV Cricket app for Android or iOS.