Story ProgressBack to home
Netherlands vs Ecuador FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Ecuador Hold Netherlands To A 1-1 Draw; Hosts Qatar Eliminated
FIFA World Cup 2022, Netherlands vs Ecuador Highlights: Ecuador scored early in the second-half to salvage a drawagainst Netherlands in a Group A match at the Khalifa International Stadium.
FIFA World Cup: Ecuador hold Nethelands to a 1-1 draw, end Qatar's last 16 hopes.© AFP
Netherlands vs Ecuador FIFA World Cup 2022 Highlights: Ecuador scored early in the second-half to salvage a draw against Netherlands in a Group A match at the Khalifa International Stadium. Cody Gakpo's first-half strike was cancelled out by Ecuador captain Enner Valencia tap-in. Ecuador's comeback was almost complete in the 59th minute when Michael Estrada's shot bounced back off the crossbar. This result sees hosts Qatar crash out of the tournament with one game left to play. Qatar had earlier gone down to a second successive defeat in the tournament, losing 3-1 to Senegal meaning they needed Ecuador to beat the Dutch in order to stay in contention(Matchcentre)
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Football Match between Netherlands and Ecuador straight from Khalifa International Stadium in Doha:
Get alerts for live updates
Turn on notifications to receive alerts as stories develop in real-time. You can manage alerts in your app's settings.
- 23:29 (IST)FIFA World Cup: FULL-TIME!Ecuador hold Netherlands to a 1-1 draw in a Group A match. This means hosts Qatar are out of the tournament. They will play for pride in their final game against the Dutch.
- 23:20 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: VALENCIA IS OFF!!Valencia is down inside the centre circle, clutching his knee, and every Ecuadorian fan is holding their breath for their captain. He is being taken off an a stretcher
- 23:16 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: DUTCH ARE STRUGGLING!Netherlands have only attempted two shots in this match - 10 fewer than Ecuador's 12.
- 22:52 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: OFF THE CROSSBAR!Ecuador denied by the post! The South Americans almost take the lead. Preciado's strike cannons off the bar
- 22:40 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: GOAL for EcuadorNo chalking off this time! Ecuador finally have the equaliser, thanks to their captain Enner Valencia who slotted the ball in the back of the net on rebound.
- 22:37 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Depay comes on for BergwijnMemphis Depay is the first substitute for Netherlands. He comes on for Steve Bergwijn. At the start of the second-half, however, it's Ecuador who are on the charge.
- 22:34 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: 2nd-HALF Starts!Netherlands make a change as Memphis Depay replaces Steven Bergwijn
- 22:19 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: HALF-TIME!Neterlands lead Ecuador 1-0 heading into the break, courtesy Cody Gakpo's wonder strike in the 6th minute. Ecuador, however, will fance their chances in the second-half. They had a goal disallowed due to an offside. Estupinan had deflected Plata's strike in the back of the net but the flag was up against Porozo, who despite not touching the ball was deemed to have acted in the passage of play.
- 22:05 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Noppert with a big save!The ball is floated wide to Valencia, who cuts inside and lets fly from the edge of the area, which is tipped behind well by Noppert at his near post
- 21:56 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Ecuador on the charge!Ecuador creating some chances down that left channel with Estrada and Estupinan combining well. The Dutch, however, were alert to deal with both the dangers. Ecuador are on the charge
- 21:54 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Ecuador building pressureEcuador with a couple of dangerous chances to score the equaliser but the Netherlands defence stood up to the task and nullified the threat on both occasions. Ecuador building pressure!
- 21:53 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Dumfries looks in pain!Dumfries takes a tumble! He does well to steal the ball from Caicedo and races forward. He's pulled back by Estupinan and Torres kicks the loose ball into his chest.
- 21:50 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: A battle of equalsNeither of the two teams really managing to control the game so far. Though Netherlands have the lead with them, the possession share has been 50-50.
- 21:44 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Ecuador looking to craft a comebackA few pieces of scrappy play by both teams see the ball spending most of the time in the middle. Ecuador looking to carefully craft their moves but Netherlands midfield is quite alert.
- 21:39 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: GOAL!Cody Gakpo opens the scoring as the Dutch take an early lead against Ecuador. Sensational strike from the PSV Eindhoven star. He picks up the ball before unleashing a left-footed strike on the top-left corner
- 21:37 (IST)Netherlands vs Ecuador: Goal for GakpoIt just took Cod Gakpo 5 minutes to open the scoring for the Netherlands against Ecuador. Having struck in the last game as well, the young striker has doubled his goal-tally for the tournament.
- 21:33 (IST)Netherlands vs Ecuador LIVE: Kick-offEstrada kicks the game off for Ecuador and we are underway in the second Group A match of the day.
- 21:32 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: KICK-OFF!We are underway at the Khalifa International Stadium. Netherlands take on Ecuador in Group A
- 21:24 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: National anthem timeIt's time for the two nations' national anthems. Not much separating Netherlands and Ecuador on the basis of form but the Dutch do start as slight favourites.
- 20:57 (IST)Netherlands vs Ecuador: Qatar hoping for a Dutch lossNothing less than a defeat for the Netherlands tonight will keep Qatar's campaign alive. With two defeats already to their name, the hosts are on the brink of elimination.
- 20:48 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Netherlands one win awayNetherlands, who weren't a part of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, are just one win away from reaching the Round of 16. If they beat Ecuador, they would become the first team to qualify for the knockouts today.
- 20:43 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: The line-ups are outHere are the line-ups:
Netherlands XI: Noppert, Dumfries, Ake, Timber, Van Dijk, Blind, de Jong, Koopmeiners, Klaassen, Gakpo, BergwijnEcuador XI: Galindez; Preciado, Hincapie, Porozo, Torres, Estupinan; Caicedo, Mendez; Plata, E. Valencia, Estrada
Topics mentioned in this article
Get the latest updates on IPL 2023 and check out IPL Schedule and Live Cricket Score. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more sports updates. You can also download the NDTV Cricket app for Android or iOS.