Tevez won't play for City again, says Mancini

Updated: 18 November 2011 17:26 IST

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has reiterated his belief that troublesome Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez will not play for the club again.

Tevez won't play for City again, says Mancini
©

London:

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has reiterated his belief that troublesome Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez will not play for the club again.

The 27-year-old flew to Argentina without the permission of the club last week, further straining already tense relations after the furore following claims he refused to go on as a substitute during a Champions League match with Bayern Munich.

City found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract for refusing to warm up in that match, which took place in September.

Tevez was then suspended for two weeks and had a four-week fine halved after the intervention of the PFA (Professional Footballers Association).

Asked Friday if Tevez could play for the club again, Mancini replied: "I don't think so.

"I know he is in Argentina. I don't know what he is doing."

Premier League leaders City are at home to Newcastle Saturday and Mancini added: "Why are we continuing to talk about Carlos? We have an important game tomorrow."

Topics : Football Mark Hughes Alex Ferguson Manchester City West Ham United Newcastle United Inter Milan English Premier League
Related Articles
David Moyes Resigns After Sunderland's Premier League Relegation
David Moyes Resigns After Sunderland's Premier League Relegation
Jose Mourinho Bets The House On Manchester United's Europa League Glory
Jose Mourinho Bets The House On Manchester United's Europa League Glory
Cristiano Ronaldo Leads Real Madrid to 33rd La Liga Title
Cristiano Ronaldo Leads Real Madrid to 33rd La Liga Title
Show Comments
Advertisement