Simon Katich cleared of fracture

Updated: 07 February 2012 17:37 IST

Former Test opener Simon Katich was cleared of any fracture on Tuesday after suffering concussion when he top-edged a pull shot into his face during a Sheffield Shield match.

Sydney:

Former Test opener Simon Katich was cleared of any fracture on Tuesday after suffering concussion when he top-edged a pull shot into his face during a Sheffield Shield match.

The 36-year-old was treated at the ground on Monday by New South Wales medical staff during the game against Tasmania and was subsequently X-rayed.

"Simon has had provisional x-rays which have cleared him of any fracture to the area," said NSW physio Murray Ryan.

"He has soft tissue bruising above the left eye with a mild concussion."

Katich was controversially dropped from Cricket Australia's contract list last year and was disciplined in December after accusing Test captain Michael Clarke of playing a part in his axing from the Australian team.

Clarke has denied playing any part in Katich's axing.

Topics : Cricket Australia Simon Katich Ricky Ponting
Related Articles
India vs South Africa: Proteas Will Go For The Kill In 3rd Test, Says Vernon Philander
India vs South Africa: Proteas Will Go For The Kill In 3rd Test, Says Vernon Philander
India vs South Africa: We Will Bounce Back Strongly In ODIs, Says Shreyas Iyer
India vs South Africa: We Will Bounce Back Strongly In ODIs, Says Shreyas Iyer
Sachin Tendulkar Meets India Women's Cricket Team Ahead Of South Africa Series
Sachin Tendulkar Meets India Women's Cricket Team Ahead Of South Africa Series
Show Comments
Advertisement