Sachin Tendulkar, Recovering From COVID-19, Back Home From Hospital
Sachin Tendulkar, who was hospitalised with COVID-19, is back home and continuing to isolate himself.
- Sachin Tendulkar said he has returned home and is continuing to rest
- He remains in isolation, as he is still recovering from COVID-19
- He said on March 27 that he had tested positive for the virus
Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday said that he is back home from the hospital, after contracting COVID-19. He said that he is resting and recuperating and will continue to isolate himself. "I have just come home from the hospital and will remain isolated while continuing to rest and recuperate. I would like to thank everyone for all the good wishes and prayers. Really appreciate it," he wrote in a message on Twitter. "I remain grateful to all the medical staff who took such good care of me and have been working tirelessly for over a year in such difficult circumstances."
Sachin Tendulkar tested positive for COVID-19 on March 27 and was hospitalised on April 2.
Sachin Tendulkar was part of the India Legends team in the Road Safety World Series before he tested positive with the virus.
Three of his teammates from the tournament also tested COVID-19 positive -- Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan and S Badrinath.
The tournament was held in Raipur with fans present in the stadium.
On March 27, Sachin Tendulkar took to Twitter and revealed that he had tested positive for coronavirus. Saying he was tested after showing "mild symptoms", Tendulkar quarantined himself at home.
He also said that all others at his house had tested negative.
Then, on April 2, he said he had been hospitalised "as a matter of abundant precaution under medical advice".
"Thank you for your wishes and prayers. As a matter of abundant precaution under medical advice, I have been hospitalised. I hope to be back home in a few days," he had tweeted.