Quotable quotes as Sachin Tendulkar talks about his 100th ton and playing cricket at age 37:
* On being asked about his future plans: No one should tell me when to retire.
* In continuation of his plans to continue playing: I am madly in love with this sport. I know my body is not the same. But what a 17 year old mind can't do a 37 year old mind can.
* On being asked what the moment felt like when the 100th ton was completed: When I reached my 100th 100, I looked at my bat and looked at the sky and asked god what wrong did I do, why did it take so long.
* In continuation to his description of his milestone: In 1994 when I got my 1st ton, there were less than half the number of people in the press conference (laughs)... there were lesser expectations..
* Till the 100th ton, from a cricketing point of view it was a tough phase At least now, no one is praying for my 100th ton.
* On celebrations after his 100th ton: My family was in Goa, there were no major celebrations. They threw a surprise party for me (after returning), all my childhood friends were there. It was a very nice evening.
* On the possibility of a player breaking his record in the future: If someone breaks my 100th 100 record I hope he is an Indian.
* On being asked about his style of play being called by some as selfish: People have opinions. In my 23 years I have never played for records. When we have team meetings we discuss winning...not breaking records.
* On his hero: My father is my hero, the greatest influence in my life, not just cricket.
* Being named in Don Bradman's all-time Test XI is the biggest compliment I want to thank people for their support, their prayers I cannot complain about the support, the good wishes of the people I felt sometimes you need luck to be on your side, maybe that was missing As far as preparations were concerned, my commitment, my planning that was 100% I did not lose hope; continued trying and giving my best For 100th ton I waited only a year, for World Cup I waited 22 years, that's 22 times longer.
* On future strategy of the team as a whole: Not only winning in SA and Aus, wherever we go we want to win. There is no doubt we have to perform better as a team, that is what we go out for. Losing No. 1 spot means someone is playing better cricket. It is a rough patch; we can overcome this, we need to work hard. We are prepared to go through the grind.
* On why he would not comment on the rotation policy: I feel whatever happens in the team, should remain within the team. I cannot judge what goes on in whose mind. I would not like to comment on the rotation policy.
* Sachin's tip to a 4-yr-old: Chase your dream. Enjoy the game and look at life positively.