ICC Women's World Cup, India vs West Indies, Highlights: India Brush Aside West Indies To Register Their 2nd Win
ICC Cricket World Cup, India Women vs West Indies Women Highlights: India defeated West Indies by 155 runs in a remarkable bowling performance to register their second win of the tournament.
India Women vs West Indies Women, ICC Women's Cricket World Cup, Highlights: India defeated West Indies by 155 runs in a remarkable bowling performance to register their second win of the tournament. Spinner Sneh Rana and Rajeshwari Gayakwad tighten the screws in the middle overs while pacer Jhulan Goswami and Meghna Singh also found their footing. Chasing 318 to win, opener Deandra Dottin scored a brilliant fifty while Hayley Matthews also supported her well as West Indies got off to a positive start before the former was dismissed soon for 62 runs. Meghna Singh then dismissed Kycia Knight for five runs to help India get second wicket. Opener Smriti Mandhana (123 runs off 119 balls) and Harmanpreet Kaur (109 runs off 107 balls) scored splendid hundreds and bailed India out of trouble with a superb fourth wicket partnership as India posted 317/8 in 50 overs. Batting first, India lost three quick wickets against Stafanie Taylor-led West Indies in Match 10 of the ongoing ICC Women's Cricket World Cup at the Seddon Park in Hamilton, on Saturday. Mithali went in with the same team, which means youngster Shefali Verma warmed the bench again. (SCORECARD)
India Women (Playing XI): Yastika Bhatia, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Mithali Raj(c), Harmanpreet Kaur, Richa Ghosh(w), Sneh Rana, Pooja Vastrakar, Jhulan Goswami, Meghna Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad
West Indies Women (Playing XI): Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Kycia Knight, Stafanie Taylor(c), Shemaine Campbelle(w), Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Anisa Mohammed, Shakera Selman
India Women vs West Indies Women, ICC Women's Cricket World Cup, League Stage Highlights Seddon Park, Hamilton
- 13:32 (IST)India beat West Indies by 155 runs to register 2nd Win of CWC 2022 !India have beaten West Indies by 155 runs in a remarkable bowling performance that give them their second win of the tournamentIndian bowlers stood up when it mattered the most as they helped the team bounce back post a solid start from West Indies openersIndia now have two wins out of three games - their only loss coming in their second game against hosts New Zealand
— BCCI Women (@BCCIWomen) March 12, 2022
Hundreds from @mandhana_smriti & @ImHarmanpreet
Impressive performance with the ball M_Raj03?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@M_Raj03-led #TeamIndia complete a clinical 155-run victory over the West Indies #CWC22 | #WIvIND
Scorecard https://t.co/ZOIa3KL56d pic.twitter.com/XG2jJTdV5P
- 13:07 (IST)Wicket - Jhulan Goswami grabs WI's 8th, a personal milestone achievedJhulan Goswami has taken West Indies' 8th wicket and with that she achieves a historic landmarkJhulan is now the leading wicket-taker in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup history with 40 wicketsShe overtakes Lyn Fullston of AustraliaWI-W 155/8 after 35.5 overs
- 12:29 (IST)India spinner are ruling the show here in the run-chase - WI-W 6 downEver since India's spinners came into the attack, the West Indies batters have struggled to cope up with their skill and guileThe runs have dried up and wickets are falling regularly - exactly what the doctor ordered for India are WI openers' blitzWI-W 140/6 after 26 overs
- 10:13 (IST)India score 317/8 in 50 overs !India finish at 317/8 in 50 oversSmriti Mandhana scored 123 while Harmanpreet Kaur played a brilliant knock of 109 runsAnisa Mohammed registered a spell of 2/59 in 10 oversIndian bowlers will look to defend this big total and register their second win in the tournament in 3 games
Innings Break!— BCCI Women (@BCCIWomen) March 12, 2022
A brilliant batting display by #TeamIndia to post 317/8 on the board against the West Indies!
123 for @mandhana_smriti
109 for @ImHarmanpreet
Over to our bowlers now! #CWC22 | #WIvIND
Scorecard https://t.co/ZOIa3KL56d pic.twitter.com/BTwRiDkuB9
- 07:44 (IST)
- 07:07 (IST)India skipper Mithali Raj is in the middleIt's a huge day for Raj as she scripts a massive record of most appearances as captain in Women's World Cup history, going past former Australian women's team captain Belinda Clark, who had captained in 23 matchesSo far, Mithali has captained India in 23 World Cup matches, bagging 14 wins, eight wins and one no result
- 06:31 (IST)Here's what the captains had to say at the tossCaptains at the tossMithali Raj at the toss, "We will have a bat, it's the same strip we played the other day, it could slow down in the second half and that's why we chose to bat. We are looking forward to put total that we can defend. We need to improve as a batting unit and it's a fresh start today. We know the wicket is the same from our last game and it's on the slower side. Same team for us."Stafanie Taylor at the toss, "We would have had a bat as well. We are feeling good about the wins and still have a long way to go. Everyone is different and we are West Indies and we love that flair. We are taking each game as it comes. The team remains the same."